1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 2019 Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Vanderbane, Sep 27, 2018.

?

Is this right?

1. Yeah, sounds like where we are headed

28 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Jeez, I hope not.

20 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. This has no bearing on reality.

39 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Isn't it at the core of the frog man, that they'd do anything for their race to survive? So betraying CA as a whole would be really stupid. But a chunk of Shas betraying CA, and going over to the other side would make sense, either side wins, some Shas would survive.

Though I don't really see Shas in Tohaa army. Tohaa uses exalted species as fodder, it would be weird for them to deal with something that can actually think for themselves.

2. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

Don't forget Panoceania getting smoke and JSA going back to Yu-Jing

Abrilete likes this.
  3. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Huh? Did you sleep through the whole "The Tohaa need allies, and Humanity seems fitting for the first line of the fight against the Combined Army" part? We're desperate! We have already descended to *diplomacy* with those smelly humans who think they can pretend to hide their 'true agenda'. Think we cannot agree to something with frogs? We can even help them to *evolve* into more survivable species (and maybe teach them the Way of the Three somewhere in between..). Aren't we the masters of bio-engineering?

AdmiralJCJF, Golem2God and Abrilete like this.
  4. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

It's one thing giving baggage and HFT to dolphins, and another to teach Shas to be more survivable!

Also humans are not in Tohaa, they are allies, while chaksa, fungi on robot frames and big and small pokemons are in Tohaa. That's where I tried to get.

Abrilete likes this.
  5. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Well, Krakots are also not anyhow related to Tohaa, and neither is the Shasvastii Merc Aïda Swanson. One day a rogue Tohaa sniper, mutilated beyond comprehension, agrees to work against its own kind. And then the other day you see renegade Morats -- who, check this out, HATE and DESPISE Tohaa -- suggesting their services for a price to Tohaa! What I'm saying is loyalties can shift easily in this universe, so I won't be surprised that when NA2 Triumvirate finally comes out, there will be a lot of supposed rivals for hire.

AngryPanda and Golem2God like this.
  6. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about rivalism, just while alliances are of course possible, it's still not Shas will be included in the Tohaa military. Random mercs are totally different imo.

7. MicroWarp

MicroWarp Well-Known Member

It is suspicious that CB have had such a long hiatus on Tohaa stuff. I think they’ve been giving it some serious thought about what to do with the faction, but not in a negative sense necessarily. Tohaa are part of the universe and CB have a vested interest in keeping players onboard.

I think they’ll go for a twinned relaunch with Shasvastii, let’s be honest, they are both factions that could do with some new sculpts and maybe a mechanics change, Seed Soldiers, Symbiomates (be honest) etc.

I think CB might use the opportunity to streamline or reconfigure parts of the faction and some of the units they strip out of Tohaa might make it into a Triumvirate NA2 list in a 2 for 1 deal.

I think the HS is in a proper kicking next year mind, I expect a full scale CA invasion fleet to rock up.

Golem2God, Devil_Tiger and Vanderbane like this.
  8. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the other Shasvastii ships that showed up in the milkyway.

AFAIK There were 4 ships sent from the Shasvastii Galaxy. One encountered the CA. And we haven't heard anything about the other 3.

Could be that Shasvatii that arrived because of their history and lack of influence from the CA is another Keeper species. So they begin to work with the Tohaa/Digesters.

This would give them room to remove the Shasvatii from CA if they so choose. And Flesh out Tohaa without needing to focus on Fireteam units. Or include them as an individual Sectorial. It would also explain differences in major units as being the OG Shasvastii vs. The Combined Influenced Shasvastii.

This is all just me speculating wildly though.

n21lv, Berjiz, Grathak and 5 others like this.
  9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Well, this is one of the most interesting theories I've heard regarding the Shasvastii revamp next year.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. TheRedZealot

Warcor

I'm a huge fan of Shasvastii and Tohaa Fluff. And they both seem to have similar character arcs to me. A proud successful species encounters the unexpected and falls from grace. Ceding their morals for their obsession to survive/succeed once more. They're also both Biotech Masters. Though where the Shasvastii experimented heavily on themselves the Tohaa seem to focus on other races.

I even focused on the non-CA Shasvastii as the theme for my Shasvastii force :D

nehemiah and Golem2God like this.
  11. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

If I ever buy into a Shas force I'll most likely be doing the same thing.

12. AngryGorilla

AngryGorilla Member

I could absolutely see this happening. Adding all of the Shas profiles to 'vanilla' Tohaa expands their lineup by ~14 models, and brings them more in line with most other factions. Keeps the 'bio-alien' theme going, and allows CA to focus on monkeys and machines.

Tohaa as vanilla, with Shas and Sygma as sectorials allowing full 5-man link teams, as well as some of the super-solos from 'vanilla'.

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

But they already have the pure/CA infected duality species with Tohaa already, it would be kinda uninspired to repeat the same for Shas

Abrilete likes this.
  14. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Tohaa with Speculos and Sphynx? Yes, please.

15. TheRedZealot

Warcor

Shas are already that way within CA as well. As are some Humans.

Even Exrah got killed in the background for similar reasons didn't they? One of the ongoing points of the story is that the CA Doesn't have absolute control even if it wants it.

Golem2God and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  16. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Only the Concordat got themselves into trouble, so we may actually see the return of some Exrah in the future. AFAIR no one at CB stated with 100% certainty that they won't.

But I really hope for Tohaa using some of the former CA allies against them. Or that Shasvastii scenario of yours =]

xagroth, ChoTimberwolf and Golem2God like this.
  17. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

Waiting on my Tohaa right now. Playing Tunguska at the moment. Whether I go back to Tohaa will depend if CB does them justice next year.

ev0k, Golem2God and Abrilete like this.
  18. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

Someone who is better at the fluff than I am remind me - it was Paradiso that introduced the Tohaa previously, right? Like, this is where the Tohaa came onto the scene, and played a major role in all the Paradiso-related events in the past? Because whatever alien relics were present on site were of great interest to them (something something digester? I don’t claim to remember the specifics, but it was a big deal).

Strike anyone else as odd that the Tohaa don’t even get a mention in these videos and, it would appear, the book? Where are they in all this, do you think?

Also, completely unrelated, anyone else note that Bostria said other armies are about to be rotated out in the Shock Army video? Let's speculate which ones!

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  19. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Quapu Khalpi or Hassassins, part of Corrigedor (but mostly cos they have some old minis rather than to really free space), and Imperial Service because why not, gotta make room for IA! :stuck_out_tongue:

CA do have a lot of SKUs out so they may ironically be about to lose Morats to fit new Shas, but there's so much Shas out maybe it'll just see some trimming itself. That'd be ironic, Shasvastii get FRRM'd to make room for themselves.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The Digestor was left behind by the "conspiracy-Tohaa" since they concluded it was "compromised" (giving poisoned apples), and later used to draw the CA against humanity to alleviate the pressure on the Tohaa "empire".
    No other rest of Tohaa presence remains in Paradiso, I think they cleaned even the nuclear detonation of the colony ship sister to the one that populated Dawn (the colonists were being "sepsitorized" by pheromones slowly, and decided to go out in a bang).

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation