1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Murtair

Discussion in 'Rules' started by mike85, Sep 27, 2018.

1. mike85

mike85 New Member

Does Murtair's cost for BITE cost 3 plus whatever his damage is? that would be the trend if going with everything else that the asterix does for his card i'm guessing?

Thanks everyone!

2. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bite cost 3 but you can expend more Action Points on it. So it can cost 3,4,5,6... and as the text say you add one :2: for each extra Action Point spent.

If you use 5 Action Points on the Bite your roll will be :2::2::+::,::,:

The :4:Damage only affect his Initiative :Y:.

Zewrath, -V- and mike85 like this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I assume that when Murtair uses Bite the active Player must choose in advance of rolling the dice whether to add extra Action Points to trigger the :6: which then will give the effect (which will always apply since it is a double green arrow) of adding the extra :2: for each action point spent.

mike85 likes this.
  4. mike85

mike85 New Member

Thanks again, totally makes sense reading the card again.

5. mike85

mike85 New Member

We also got into a discussion regarding using tactic cards against someone other than the character that has taunted you. For example i was taunted by Masacre but we were wondering if i could use a tactic to put a state on someone other than the character that had taunted me. Basically we weren't sure if using a tactic was considered an ATTACK.

6. Roadrunner7431

I quote the Reference Guide:
    1. Attacks are a type of Action indicated by a red title in the Character card.

and

Tactics are cards you can play during the game to apply some Effect

So Tactics are not Attacks and Taunt only applies to Attacks.

Remember there are also many green colored Actions that are quite powerful in this game. Those actions are not limited by the state of being taunted.

-V- likes this.
  7. mike85

mike85 New Member

Thanks Roadrunner, thats what i thought but wasn't sure, So still plenty of damage to be dealt when taunted! is there anywhere in the rules that states using tactics isnt considered an attack?

8. Roadrunner7431

@mike85 I can only suggest that you do not keep a mindset that any play that can cause :4: is some kind of Attack. Attack in this game is a red titled action for which you spend Action Points. In my recollection you never are required to spend Action Points to play a Tactic, in fact certain Tactics actually allow you to gain Action Points.

-V- likes this.
  9. mike85

mike85 New Member

@Roadrunner7431 thats what i figured, we couldn't find the clarification, but now i know that being taunted by someone only means i cant declare an ATTACK (red titled) action. So much to learn, and it's always interesting because something usually comes up in a game to get you thinking! This community is fantastic as well.

10. mike85

mike85 New Member

@Roadrunner7431 for example, i'm still wrapping my head around the AGILITY for some of the new characters in smoke and mirrors too, it seems you can't even disengage with Taowu or with Murtair. You must have to use tactics to add a dice?

11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

If you try to disengage with Tao Wu you activate his Switch and your opponent discard a card.
    If an enemy try to disengage from Tao Wu, his Brawn score is :3::3: su you activate his Switch and your opponent discard a card.
    It's not healthy for your opponent...

Murtair CANNOT disengage if you do not add dice with your tactics. It's the Aristeia version of Impetuous!

-V- and mike85 like this.
  12. Roadrunner7431

I have not yet played much with Murtair but it has been stated in this forum that for situations where Murtair wishes to disengage himself it is often more efficient for him to use his attack Claw Swipe because for two Action points he rolls :+::,: and the attack specific switch allows him to displace his target by spending :1::3:.

-V-, mike85 and Flipswitch like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation