1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are net rods immune to biotechvore?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by regelridderen, Sep 26, 2018.

1. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

It just dawned on me, that biotechvore specifies troopers, while ai beacons are just equipment. :p

2. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Netrods must drop as a trooper as otherwise the combat jump rules will not function (so are effected by confused deployment). After they land on the table they are equipment and so are immune to the damage rolls each round.

3. Arlic

Arlic Active Member

So I can land them without Template?
    I thought I still need one because they are equipment.

4. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

I am under the belief that it does not need the drop zone. The reason for that is i play it where it is treated as a trooper for combat jump purposes throughout.

They cannot land (without dispersing) in exclusion zones.
    They suffer dispersion as a trooper (such as what happens if they cannot land at the point of the table).
    And so on.

Effectively until it finishes on the table (or dies from missing the table) it's a trooper. This way handles most oddities in the game easily.

Arlic likes this.
  5. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Ill need to find the clarification, but no, they still need to use the template as nothing in the rules magically changes them to a trooper, they are just equipment that can ignore the trooper requirement for abilities.

6. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Netrods ignore deployment restrictions due to not being a tropper. So you can drop them in the middle of the table.

They are also equipment, and equipment isn't affected by the biotech zone.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation