1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Unit Idea

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by InfinityDaVinci, Sep 27, 2018.

1. InfinityDaVinci

InfinityDaVinci New Member

An Ariadna "TAG"
    USARF Sectorial:
    Col. Bradley Sherman, Commander of the 10th Heavy Ranger Battalion (2swc, 52pts)
    A Blackjack armed with missile launcher, Light regular/smoke grenade launcher, Heavy Flamethrower
    Skills: Lieutenant, Strategos L1, Inspiring Leader, Veteran L2(Sixth Sense L2, NWI)
    Can form a special harris team with blackjacks
    Fluff:
    Col. Sherman heroically broke orders and brought his unit of Blackjacks and an army of irregular troops to the aid of French Ariadian Forces at the battle of Merovingia
    Mechanics:
    Veteran L2(Sixth Sense L2, NWI) effectively give him a 3rd wound in battle ravaged state.
    Inspiring Leader and the Harris team gives players a reason to bring the more maligned units in USARF
    that have some of the best sculpts in the game but are normally awkward to build a list around more than one(Hard Cases, Desperados, Black Jacks, Devil Dogs)
    Lieutenant, Strategos L1, Harris give USARF an option for an effective single order group army and toys with the concept of a Harris Team that functions as a Fireteam Core

Thoughts?

#1 InfinityDaVinci, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Musterkrux likes this.
  2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Interesting idea, but, seems a bit undercosted. Has a couple other issues too
    -Merovingia wasn't evacuated, if you're talking about the events that saw MRRF out of production. De Hell was on the island of Novvy Cimera, where Kurage took place. The MRRF force was also wiped out, with no reinforcements.
    -Shock immunity is superfluous as Lo Tech A is treated as two wounds already.
    -As a character he should likely have mild stat boots, better wip, bs, etc.

I'd maybe boost his cost to 52 points, and maybe drop Haris to Duo by default and add a haris alternative to his LT option, so he either leads a blackjack team, or the whole army.

3. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

How are Hardcases, Desperados and Blackjacks awkward to build a list around?

colbrook likes this.
  4. InfinityDaVinci

Hardcases, Desperados and Blackjacks seem to me to be kind of niche units, they are sort of on the borderer of effectiveness. Hardcases and Desperados for me are kind of a single unit afterthought points add. I feel a regular order might make them a more core tactical part of the army and be the only reason I see to bring their full availability or even multiples. A BlackJack harris again gives you a reason to ever bring more than one. And a regular order brings Devil Dogs on par with Cameronians with Wallace, and again a reason to bring more than one. What I'm going for is a way to bring new styles of list into the faction while still being effective.

#4 InfinityDaVinci, Sep 27, 2018
  5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Niche units? I dunno where you play, but itt sure it's a strange place ;-)

6. InfinityDaVinci

my basic idea for a killpoints list is something like this plus the above unit

[​IMG] USAriadna Ranger Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]7 [​IMG]7
    [​IMG] BLACKJACK AP HMG, Chest Mines, D.E.P. / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 36)
    [​IMG] BLACKJACK T2 Sniper, Submachine Gun, Chest Mines / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 36)
    [​IMG] DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Assault Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Assault Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)
    [​IMG] DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

3.5 SWC | 248 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#6 InfinityDaVinci, Sep 27, 2018
  7. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

I've played one game in total until now, but even so 2 regular orders for 2 Blackjacks sounds a little bit...harsh?

edit: neverminde. Oversaw inspiring Leadership

8. mightymuffin

mightymuffin Well-Known Member

An interesting idea, though I suspect giving him Sixth Sense, (from Veteran L2), is going too far.
    Also, I'm not sure how Strategos interacts with Inspiring Leadership's "free co-ordinated order" benefit, as the Lt Order sort of no longer exists cos it's now a Regular Order. Maybe that's overkill.

52pts does seem fairly cheap for all of that ability as well.

As for Shock Immunity. I can't see anywhere in that profile which gives him any immunity. (Veteran L2 just gives NWI).
    However, adding that skill does mean he can make better use of NWI; remember that Shock ammo still prevents the NWI from kicking in, even though he's multi-wound.

9. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Nope.
    According to the current FAQ, shock ammo is treated as Normal against units with NWI and more than one Wound. And Blackjacks count as having more than one wound.

10. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

fluffwise they're all supposed to be the "irregulars" of USARF. they really shouldn't have had anywhere near the AVA they got.

Plus the models suck, so I have a hard time building lists around sucky models. ;-)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation