1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Seraphin

Seraphin Well-Known Member

Why people hate Teuton sculpt so much?

Is this so bad:
    [​IMG]

Compared to these potatos:
    [​IMG]

I am well aware that it's completely subjective, but all 'old sculpt bashing' in PanO forums focuses on Teuton (which is very similiar to the old Magister Knights box, which most people find pretty good).

FatherKnowsBest, TaHu and eciu like this.
  2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

they're partners. CB does it often, it's good for CB because BoW has a larger reach to people who may/may not play the game and it's good for BoW because people will click on their website

3. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

If CB is paying BOW for ad space then they need to get a refund, (IMO) BOW do a piss poor job of promoting our game, none of them play our game and they only talk about our game when CB has something new to show, The guys at BOW are GW fans, So! they don't have a lot of time to talk about Infinity, It's not their game and promoting infinity is second nature at best.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  4. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Oh really, is that a fact?

I wasn't aware they were massive GW fans or played any particular game to the detriment of others? I was under the impression they were a tabletop gaming news site that promoted games for companies who paid for the service and ran boot camp events based on said payments.

I must find out about this supposed GW bias when I speak to them next and visit the studio as I am regularly want to do.

AdmiralJCJF and Balewolf like this.
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

You know that Infinity is largely as big as it is due to Infinity Weeks on BoW, right? The first one pretty much doubled the number of accounts on the CB forum overnight.

AdmiralJCJF, Section9, Berjiz and 6 others like this.
  6. MikeTheScrivener

so incredibly stiff. and the pose doesn't really make a ton of sense. also I've always hated the way the old boots/shoes looked. very clown-like

7. andre61

When I watch their weekend shows and when they get to the part of the show that is the gaming news, I see how many time they talk about new GW stuff that is coming out, but every month CB is coming out with new figures and there is no mention of the CB figures, I would like you to ask them why not?

Elessar likes this.
  8. andre61

Yes! you are right but I would like see more Infinity stuff in their videos and more lets play videos based on infinity, but I guess CB has to pay for that as well, I'm not trying to pick at BOW, I just what to more infinity content in video form.

9. deep-green-x

Becuse like it or not GW is the largest player in the market and has the most players and fans amongst the gaming community. When they release a product like a new game it's a big deal, because the sales of said product will eclipse pretty much everything on the market.

It's what the majority people want to hear about who watch their show, don't blame them blame the wider gaming demographic who are GW centric.

BOW cover plenty of new games and releases from companies other than GW both on the show and on their website. They also do exclusive previews for CB stuff and have a monthly showcase for the recent releases.

If you want more Infinity coverage on BOW then I'd suggest writing some articles on the game and submitting them.

10. andre61

what you are saying makes a good deal of sense, I see the errors of my ways, I stand corrected, thank you.

#370 andre61, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  11. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Do you guys pay for article submissions and/or hire freelancers . This is definitely something that is of interest .

12. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

The Boarding Shotgun Croc Man is actually fairly new in comparison to the "Surf's Up!" Hacker. They just bundled the two together, same as they did with the Tankhunter Autocannon(waaaaaaay outdated sculpt at this point) and AP HMG(much less desirable profile, but a damned cracking sculpt)

13. deep-green-x

You would need to contact them and ask, @warzan has a profile here on the forums which is mostly used around the time of the annual online campaigns so you could send him a PM or go through the main BOW site.

I personally don't work for BOW, I'm just the Infinity expert they bring in for the weeks.

14. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Yah they are pretty bad, especially that one guy they keep bringing in to talk/play infinity...
    At least he is not as big of a noob as the guy they keep using who has that accent. That's a GW fanboy if I have ever seen one.

15. deep-green-x

Listen, it's Northern Ireland, it could always be worse.

16. Rannith

Rannith Well-Known Member

Not meaning to sound thick but why so?

17. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

this thread has merely rekindled my sadness at the poor teutons :(

18. MikeTheScrivener

good. that was my ultimate goal

Judge Dredd likes this.
  19. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You're a mean one mr grinch

theradrussian likes this.
  20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Because rules says so.
    Ech.. people and rules..

You have no other model which can be Lt.
    If Joan is Lt due to her Inspiring Leaderahip all models have Courage, if TOFOOS who just dropped marker state is not having Courage then Joan is not an LT.

And before you ask: if you have courage you HAVE to tell it to your opponent.

Thats how you always know (unless you only take Knights) if Joan is LT or not.

theradrussian and daboarder like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation