1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

2. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Only one Booty at time, so it`s either Bike, HMG or Mimetism.
    Combi is ok vs ARM 5. It forces to maneuver and get around cover.

3. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out, that the rule is badly written. I suppose it was intended as a single booty roll per order.

While you can still only get one item from the booty chart, if you roll a new item, you can decide, if you keep your current item, or replace it with the new one. So making infinite rolls on the booty chart with a single order means you can roll an infinite amount of dice, and either take the item or keep the old one, so you can just choose an item from the booty roll to speed things up.(there's no limit, only mentions if you touch it, you can make a free (I suppose it means you don't have to spend a short skill) roll on the booty chart. Since there's no minimal movement in Infinity, theoretically you can make infinite number of "move to base contact, move away" moves with a single order, each resulting in a booty roll. even if you can't take infinite, let's asssume each there and back move costs you 2mms, from a 6"/6"+4" that's still more than enough).

4. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I see your point.
    My fellow clubmates always treated it as 1 roll per order. Too much though into abuse rules of fun game))

5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

like 0, it falls out at first read.

sarf likes this.
  6. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

It will be nice if CB let us know why they do what they do, instead of doing this area 51 stuff that they do, Maybe it's not any of our business, but communication is everything in business. If they tell us what's the deal is, I'm quite sure we would all understand.

Still do care for Aristeia, So! CB will not get my money for that game.

7. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Why are akalis boxes not removed?

8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

theres only one akalis blister outside of starters. I'm not sure why its not being discontinued, maybe its a popular vanilla pick?

9. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Oh, I though for a minute that hacker was also in blister(he is in starter). Yeah, but so far I didn't see akal with spitfire in vanilla, even in the forum lists.

10. MikeTheScrivener

eh, he's not a bad choice. PanO isn't exactly known for their great AD though.

11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Maybe the Akalis will be in Varuna?

12. MikeTheScrivener

Varuna is getting the "Echo-Bravo" who is an AD trooper. I doubt they'll double up.

TaHu likes this.
  13. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

Because photographers and graphic designers aren't real artist and don't need to be paid?

Or maybe, CB doesn't have infinite manpower and money to throw at projects and have to do a cost analysis to see what will be more profitable, rework an old sectorial, or release a new sectorial? It is a bit jaded, but we all know 'new shiny syndrome' is a great driver of sales. Now I am annoyed with myself for defending a company that is retiring product. It sucks when something you like is discontinued. I understand why they did it, but it still kind of sucks. It is good that the sectorial is still available in army, and it is likely to remain relevant for at least a season or two more. What does the future look like for ASA? Hard to say, but based on other companies' track record, it doesn't look great. Maybe CB will do it differently? Time will tell.

In a way this is a problem of Corvus Belli's own making. They have this great big interesting setting, and we the fans want to see all of it. If they had focused energy on rebuilding the Acontimento sectorial, people would have been complaining that we never see Varuna.

#313 Pen-dragon, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Golem2God, barakiel, andre61 and 3 others like this.
  14. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And some of us will always be disappointed, no matter what they do. As you mentioned, they have to do their own cost/benefit analysis, based on the full spectrum of information (which we don't have access to) and make what is the best decision. Or, perhaps better put, the least bad decision.

15. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I’m probably the reason the Akalis Spitfire is selling so well. It’s the cheapest model I can buy that has a new-style Spitfire and I’m converting all of my models with old boxy Spitfires to the new sleek Spitfires.

I’ve seriously bought like 8 of them now. I’m starting to use the other pieces in conversions as well.

Melchior, Judge Dredd and Golem2God like this.
  16. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I've been doing the same except with the Icestorm Akalis. I used the Spitfire body along with an OpIce Combi body as two Bagh-Mari (another Combi & a Sniper). The Akalis hacker's body is well suited for a female as it is shorter than the average Infinity male model.

17. MikeTheScrivener

im surprised the alkalis doesn't get more love. I used to love him.

not so much anymore but.....

18. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Yes, because that's what I'm saying...clearly.

I'm thinking of what their "box art" tends to consist of. There's two small pieces of repurposed art on the side flaps and then that's done, with the rest of it being photos of the product painted by Angel.

I get that you want to believe the worst from my tone...but saying "not much box art needing to be commissioned there" is just that. CB already has the artwork and photographs from other projects they're doing. This isn't a case of me advocating for them to be screwing over photographers or graphic designers--it's pointing out that they already have the stuff from their promotional side of things.
    I think those complaints wouldn't have happened assuming they actually communicated their intentions a bit better. I get that they don't(and really shouldn't) want to spill the beans about every single detail but their idea of a "roadmap" like video game companies have been doing of late is laughably vague.

injenegr and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  19. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

@kanluwen Perhaps I was a little too rude countering your previous point, but I think you are a little naive about what it takes to bring a product to market. Maybe we are looking at totally different products, but I do have some graphic design experience and I can see that some work is put into the packaging, its not just point and click. Now it is probably true that the time and cost of designing a new box is most likely negligible to the total cost of doing business, but I don't feel it is as easily dismissable as you do. Perhaps I was just being overly sensitive.

As to them communicating their roadmap, I also disagree about their roadmap being too vague. The market is a fast moving target, you need to be flexible, while juggling very real difficulties in staffing. There will be hell to pay if promise your fans one thing, and are not able to deliver. A certain amount of flexibility is necessary. Just look at the flak they received that one of their big 'N's was an announcement of new sectorials, and not the actual release of new sectorials. I am not saying that CB doesn't have room for improvement, but I am under no illusion that I could do any better.

There is an old saying, "Those that can, do. Those that can't, criticize.'

andre61 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Companies have been shown time and time again when they give indications of when and what about their product gets barely a sigh when they achieve it but people explode in negativity when they don't.

Predicting when you're can complete a major project with multiple aspects to it is really really hard. I work in the design industry and it's a massive deal when things go to plan.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation