1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First vanilla haqq list and game. Advice?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Bassie, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Bassie

Bassie Member

Last night I had a game against a pretty new player, and it was my first game in ages, and with haqq (previously played yu Jing / ISS).

The game went well... But... There were a few challenges along the way.

1. I wished I had a smoke grenade launcher.i didn't take one because I had 3 mutts, and every turn I spent the one regular order in their group to stop one of them from stepping into a bad ARO. Sure I had their regular order, but it was hard to get smoke where I wanted it.

2. I had trouble taking out his ARO pieces. I always do, I guess. But I lack the rui Shi / hac tao option I used for yj. (I did use djanbazan and smoke, but, see above).

3. Unsure about the hunzakut sniper. She was good, but I think only because my opponent was new, but for the low swc she seemed a central part of my ARO strategy.

The mission was supplies.

My list:

[​IMG] Haqqislam
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] HAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] BARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    [​IMG] FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] TARIK MANSURI Spitfire, Nanopulser, Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 55)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] LASIQ Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Lieutenant Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]6 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    [​IMG] HUNZAKUT Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Any feedback welcome.

Positives: daylami caused headaches for my opponent - one critted his nisse sniper as an ARO, the other passed his infiltration roll, and was difficult to manoeuvre.

Hacking with deployable repeaters was fun (for me). Having Barid with lightning made me less fearful of a killer hacking device as well.

2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

1) Muyib have a light grenade launcher with ouchie and smoke both. Also a potential lieutenant option.

2) Use your Djzanbazan or possibly Tarik to shoot out the ARO bits. Or stroll by with a Hunzakut and leave a mine behind to blow them up.

3. TomAbromaitis

TomAbromaitis New Member

Al Fasid with HMG might serve two purposes. Might be able to take down ARO pieces with weight of dice AS WELL as having a smoke grenade launcher.

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

@ 2 What were his ARO pieces?
    Either way, a Camo Infiltrator is one of my favourite ways of dealing with them: ARO pieces tend, by nature, to be well-suited for long-range fire. Snipers, missile / rocket launchers, TR HMG bots, HI or TAGs with long-range weapons...

• Option A, hacking - if the target is hackable, get a Hacker (or a Repeater) close by, but behind a Total Cover. IMM-1 the target, then blast it with whatever. al'Hawwa Hacker does this like a boss (I'm primairly a QK player), though Touareg should be at least as good, if not better. Obviously, does not work on non-Hackable targets. Risks: if the target is protected by Perimeter Weapons or their own Hacker, there's a good chance you'll lose your model.
    • Option B, just blast it (point blank) - anyone with a Shotgun, preferably a Boarding Shotgun (those AP slugs cen get useful against HI, TAGs and similar tough targets). Sneak up to the target, get cover, deny cover, use your Combat Camo to your advantage. Under perfect conditons, you get +6 range modifier, the oponent gets -9 to -12 (Mimetism or TO Camo, Surprise Shot, Cover, negative range mod), which tends to do the trick (especially with TR HMG bots, which have BS of 11)). Again, al'Hawwa, Touareg, Farzan, Hunzakut, Fiday... this does work with AD Troops, too, though of course there's no Camo modifier for them. Risks: doesn't really work against Fireteams (or other models with 6th Sense). Still, you get the fighting chance even against them!
    • Option C, blast them from far away - outrange your target if possible (doesn't work against Sniper Rifles of course, and it is much terrain-dependant), use cover and Combat Camo to stack the modifiers in your favour. Boom. Risks: you can't outrange a Sniper Rifle that way, and Terminal Template launchers are going to be nasty, too.
    • Option D, fire in the hole! - use a forward-deployed Grenade Launcher (Hunzakut does this perfect as I've heard, though Halqa should do just fine) to lob grenades from cover. The problem is - you're likely to waste a lot of Orders doing it, as Speculative Fire isn't really that accurate, and not exactly that long-ranged.
    • Option E, weight of fire - use any hih-Burst weapon on a decent platform (preferably a HMG, but a Spitfire will do) to gain range advantage, stay in Cover, and mow them down. With a bit of luck, you'll be successful. Note - don't try this trick against a TR HMG, as this would be counting on pure luck. I've seen that happening, I've done it myself (when better options were unavailable), but it is still a high-risk game.

TomAbromaitis likes this.
  5. armazingerz

armazingerz Well-Known Member

Be aware impetuous orders should be played first, so the only way to save the regular order of stopping an impetuous troop stepping into an ARO is dropping smoke with another impetuous troop, that's another muttah or a bike.

I like it. I like to deploy him showing up a lot, preferably on a terrace so if he falls unconscious he get cover and you can heal him. If he is too exposed he is also a heavy menace that should be killed, forcing the enemy to spend orders attacking a troop which won't harm your order pool. If the enemy exposes a valious piece you can ARO, but if he attacks you, very often the best option is to stay camouflaged and the enemy may likely fail the discover roll.

#5 armazingerz, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  6. Ticio

Ticio Member

1. Muttas should cover between them. I play in pair, the one back smoke the path of his colleague which I deployed forward. And remember, fiday has also smoke granades.

2. Smoke and djanba is a useful combo, but you can usually kill aro troops without smoke with rof 4 (just do not forget to have a doctor or his nasmat near). For fireteams I recomend you fiday with mines and for ip aro you can coordinate daylamies panzerfaust.

3. The best hunzakut is the fo imo. If you want a good aro play dajanba sniper or, sometimes better, lasiq sniper.

7. armazingerz

armazingerz Well-Known Member

Regarding the list, I feel you may have too much long range ARO pieces (Djamba, Hunza, Shihab and 1-2 daylami pzf depending on the deployment rolls), but it can depend a lot on the table and your local meta. If the Lasiq is going to supress fire, that's another ARO piece, I would rather to have some surprise, like a Ragik, Fiday or another Skirmisher

8. Bassie

Bassie Member

Thanks all for your replies, they have been very helpful.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation