1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About TAGs and proxies

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Sepheriel, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Sepheriel

Sepheriel PanO Enthusiast

So, after playing MO fon a few months I got kinda bored of smacking people's faces with Knights all the time and decided to try something new with the ASA.
    Now... I really like the rules of the Dragoes, but I just can't stand the model. The gun on the shoulder looks like it's just about to break and the tactical fist is too much for me.
    At first I tought about converting it, changing the pose or something, but it looks quite difficult and I'm not sure I'm good enough to do it. Then I tought... what if I just painted a Szalamandra blue? They have the same size, identical gear, a (kinda) similar profile, a name that hints at something breating fire, and I love that minia. I'd basically just have to remove the pilot's arms.
    I come from 40k, so I'm not sure about how much proxy is or isn't allowed. What do you guys think? Would this be frowned upon in a tournament? Would you mind playing against it?

2. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

What's complicated in this? Proxy rules say, you can proxy any S6 with another S6, any S7 with another S7.
    Uhlan and Tikbalang can proxy each other, or grab a Xeodron, Overdron, Sphinx, and any other Pano TAG can proxy any other Pano TAG, or any nearly any TAG in the game, as most are S7.

Painting Salamandra blue would still be proxying. But it doesn't matter, as you are free to proxy.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Zsolt's right, this is perfectly in line with the proxy rules, most players shouldn't have problem with it - I certainly wouldn't - and I doubt there are many tournaments that forbid proxying.

Best proxies are those that allow you to understand what kind of unit it as at first glance, and Szalamandra would be ideal as a Dragao.

4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

why does it even have to be blue?

Paint it whatever you want!

chromedog and colbrook like this.
  5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Official color schemes are pretty cool, and people usually have a horrible taste and sense of color, so sticking to the official color scheme is a good advice imo.

Yog.0 likes this.
  6. Niebieskooki

Niebieskooki Blue Sun Lieutenant

YTonic, Errhile, Superfluid and 6 others like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

From the current Tournament rules (ITS Season 10):

Note that you explicitly can use minis from another manufacturer as part of a conversion. CB just doesn't want you to use someone else's minis without modification.

I would be totally fine with a Szallie/Drago that was painted to match your PanO army.

Actually, I'd be OK with a Szallie in a PanO army as a proxy Drago even without a paint conversion, as Szallies used to be PanO TAGs. When PanO went to Remotely Piloted TAGs, they sold all their old TAGs off as military surplus. The Nomads basically did a massive upgrade to them (Israeli style), which lets the equivalent of an M60A1 keep up with M1A2SEP3 Abrams.

Errhile, Sepheriel, sarf and 3 others like this.
  8. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Proxy rules are there for a reason. Just make sure to explain to your opponent from the get go - make it clear what is what, remind them if it seems like they're forgetting. I've never come up against an opponent who had a problem with anything being proxied, and I've faced far more opponents proxying things than I ever have in my own force.

I think the only proxy problem I have is for Hungries. Cos the CB models are awful, and virtually nothing else in the CB range fits them. I have some SymbioBombs/Mates to use, but they're super short... So it doesn't feel right. I have, however, used Kroot Hounds in previous years in flagrant violation of what the proxy rules were at the time... Even then, never had an issue with an opponent or TO.

Sepheriel and chromedog like this.
  9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

we can go to an infinite loop with that

10. Sepheriel

Thanks for the answers. I know the official rules on proxy but I wasn't sure about how it's applied and I didn't want to be "that guy".

I meant it as "painted to fit the rest of my PanO army". Which is blue, because Green Stuff World's "Celestial Azure" looked too cool not to abuse.

Superfluid, Section9 and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  11. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I'm pretty ashamed of myself for never getting that idea.
    Love the Dragao, ran him a couple times in my very early Infinity days, bought the model with my binge order for Infinity after the Vanilla Starter.... and never even assembled him.

The Szally sculpt however is even better and would make for a great excuse to put one on the table again.
    Thanks for the idea @Sepheriel

12. Section9

Got pics?

13. CoffeeBadger

CoffeeBadger Well-Known Member

I have been toying with the same idea, since it became known that the Dragao would be oop soon (also not such a big fan of the rage fist). In my opinion the Szalamandra is the ideal proxy both from a functional (1) and fluff (2) standpoint.

1. Identical armour, strength and silhouette as well as same armament leave no doubt about the unit's capability and battlefield role
    2. as @Section9 mentioned they used to be PanO, so you can easily say your company just managed to keep their "lucky TAG" around while all the others got theirs replaced.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  14. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Yeah, I was thinking the same since they showed the new renders. Add a few antennas for the dummy REM presence system refurbishment and paint it PanO :)

Call it a NGE dummy system XD

Section9 likes this.
  15. CoffeeBadger

CoffeeBadger Well-Known Member

On a similar notion: what do you think about using Kamau as Bagh Mari and vice versa? Comparing pictures of the HMG sculpts the minitatures seem almost identical apart from that Bagh Mari backpack. The existing Bagh Mari miniatures could be used for different Kamau profiles until those receive updated sculpts. Likewise, for people who want to start Acontecimento later on I think the new Kamau miniatures would be a 90% perfect stand in for Bagh Mari (more so than the Bolt miniatures imo). To those peolpe who own both miniatures: how similar do they really look next to each other on the table?

16. Gherlo

Gherlo New Member

From what I have understand the new acon starter and the new bagh swc box (and was it released another bagh in a blister too?) will still be "buyable", but as said above you can proxie bagh as kamau and vice versa if you want

17. Section9

dummy plug system.

We used to swap arms between the old Akalis, Bagh-Mari, and Kamau all the time. This was way back in the day, more or less ended with the Crusader-Brethren-style Akalis. It let us have all the different weapon options, just with 2-3 body poses.

chromedog and Nemo No Name like this.
  18. Sepheriel

Sure:

[​IMG]

...wait, you mean the minia. I don't have a good camera and they're still a bit WIP, but here they are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deltervees, Smiler, Section9 and 4 others like this.
  19. Section9

Going to have to buy those color-shifting paints!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation