1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your opinion about CB's way of dealing with FRRM/ASA?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Stiopa, Sep 20, 2018.

?

What's your opinion about CB's way of dealing with FRRM/ASA?

1. I'm an FRRM/ASA player, and I'm happy with the way my sectorial is being handled

24.4%
  2. I'm an FRRM/ASA player, and I'm not happy with the way my sectorial is being handled

9.6%
  3. I'm an FRRM/ASA player, and I don't have a clear opinion on the issue

3.0%
  4. I'm not an FRRM/ASA player, and I'm happy with the way they're being handled

32.6%
  5. I'm not an FRRM/ASA player, and I'm not happy with the way they're being handled

11.9%
  6. I'm not an FRRM/ASA player, and I don't have a clear opinion on the issue

11.1%
  7. It's complicated (please explain below)

7.4%
  1. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

In a perfect world yes. But the world isn't obvious perfect.
    There are imo more important models who should be re-done. And I don't know if Mushashi needed two different designs. If you have few resources, don't waste it.
    And for the last time, I don't think that these two models are a real problem, but it seems unlucky on the one side that old models where retired and on the other side imo unnecessary models are new sculpted.

Edit: I don't know why two different versions of the same character where made, but in my opinion these are wasted resources for the rules design too. But on this topic I know to less and could be really wrong.

Durandal and Abrilete like this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It has to be two different unit entries because they have different Attributes. Joan v2 is not just an alternative set of weapon options, in a similar way to Achilles and Achilles Hoplite being more different from each other than can be done in a single unit entry.

A Mão Esquerda and cazboab like this.
  3. Ben Kenobi

You didn't understand what I ment. Why should a character get 2 different profiles. That's the waste.

4. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

I don't think it's overstating when I literally said it was insult to injury.

We only had 3 characters left after JSA left with over half of them. And then Xi, the one native Yu Jing character gets put on forced sabbatical.

DFW Ike likes this.
  5. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

It's because the armour changes her attributes. Lots of characters have alternative equipment or tactics that can be represented in the gear block, but when the attributes change it won't be represented in army without a second entry.

Personally I'd really like to see a second Voronin that trades in the antipode for a flak jacket, if it ever happens he'd be given a new profile because his attributes (ARM and S for sure, possibly CC as well) would have changed...

Del S likes this.
  6. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Xi was coming back though. A lot of Sectorials had characters placed on forced sabbatical thanks to the ridiculous ITS events, did they not?

7. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

If that's the case then why bother with proxies rules? You can't simultaneously state that proxies are fine and use two different profiles of the same model as an argument for needing to depot production resources.

kanluwen likes this.
  8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Why does the Gorgos have a little version? Why are Pilots sold separately from every TAG? Why do Dog Warriors transmutate? Why is the Umbra Samaritan SO BIG?

That last one is "because someone did a dumb" but the others are actually sorta relevant to what you say and yet arguably much worse than two versions of Joan and Sun Tzu, because they aren't even two profiles as such - they're the same unit. Of course, in fairness only the TAG pilots thing causes SKU issues, but it is odd that pilots are sold separately adding another €10 to the price of a TAG plus an SKU, when bundling them together would cut out an SKU and be slightly cheaper overall than a standalone blister.

Yeah, and the value of those characters was... a bit inconsistent in how it affected each faction. Near-useless (Voronin, Andromeda), underwhelming (Rao, Xi), or quite handy (Tarik, Kusanagi)

The official proxy rules state that if there's no mini from the CB range available you can proxy. But now there is (and kind of always was while this rule exists), so no Joan Proxying allowed! Sort of.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There were all sorts of wrong with the event itself, particularly the skewed bonus they got on return which was basically unusable for about two of them. I think mostly from Yu Jing perspective it was like "couldn't you give us a break and taken Yuriko* instead?" more than anything else.

But let's not dwell on that. Seems CB has gotten a bit wiser with regards to EU customer protection laws with FRRM and Acon.

* who was according to Koni part of Yu Jing's pot with regards to that event.

10. Ben Kenobi

@cazboab @Del S
    I know why there are different profiles, but this is the waste for me. Joan doesn't need two different profiles. It is nice to have, not more. I don't know if both profiles are played the same ammount of time, but I doubt it. The same with all other two profile units. If you say that's OK, it's your right, but for me, it's a waste.

Stiopa likes this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Singularly unimpressed with CB's handling of 'bad news' announcements lately.

I mean, I'm still severely upset about how Uprising was presented, but this thread is not the place for that discussion.

Very much this.

If it's information with a street date, ENFORCE IT!

Anyone who breaks street date doesn't get to buy product anymore. Yeah. Street Dates are that important in the real world.

Seriously.

Must have missed that, since to my mind MRRF has been OOP since 2012, along with Shas. They were both described as not working the way CB wanted them to, so were going in for complete re-design.

That makes sense for for controlling SKU bloat.

But it seems the problem is that Infinity is growing faster than CB can support.

Remember Op:Icestorm? How CB thought that they'd get away with some 5000 copies for 2 years, and had pre-orders for something like 8700?

So CB needs more employees, more production capacity, etc. And apparently that is going to move them up into a bigger tax bracket under Spanish laws, to the tune of a much larger tax%.

Agreed. If we're now looking at a rotating catalogue, get it out there and stick to it. But please, try to keep the OOP time down to less than 6 years, like MRRF and Shas have been...

Shorter rotation times would be better, BTW. Say, 2 years tops.

Why not?

They're both power armored, they're both still S2. And frankly, until the new speedy-Joan came out, I was planning on using LE-Joan for both profiles anyway. I may still use LE-Joan for both profiles.

12. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Maybe it is a waste, maybe it isn't, maybe there are sound reasons to have two profiles, maybe there aren't. But what it almost certainly is, is the least of the problems.

No good option there at all. Expand, and lose some of the profits from it, making the expansion a little riskier and long-term less profitable than without the tax increase. Secondary facilities in other countries may destroy the benefit with the upfront cost of setting up and maybe not even dodge the tax, because governments have a habit of noticing small businesses trying to reduce tax burdens and promptly bumming them into next week for it (but multinationals can freely claim the HQ is in Luxembourg!). Do neither, and be overwhelmed by inability to handle capacity and demand, leading to loss of custom and loss of profit.

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Personal opinion: the biggest problem with the v2 profiles is that they don't provide much new reason to be taken which means they mostly take up space because either v1 or v2 will be the popular one while the other will struggle to justify its existence.

14. gravitypool

gravitypool Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You forget something important. Aristeia is now a thing. Many aristeia players are buying the infinity versions of the Aristos tu use as "Skins" for their games. The Musashi miniature also caters to them not just Infinity players. Short story: It sells. That's why, if the next army to be cut is Corregidor as Bostria hinted in a recent seminar, I don't expect Massacre being discontinued.

barakiel likes this.
  15. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I do. It's an old sculpt that isn't worth keeping around.

16. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

you guys act like waifu models don't bring in the big bucks. even Mushashi models get the blood flowing. these models attract hobby enthusiasts and can get them into the game as a whole.

I have a friend who is a fantastic painter (he won armies on parade a year or two ago) and he loves buying Joan and Mushashi sculpts just to paint

17. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup. I'd love to see one to the specs of the Aristeia sculpt, but in pewter.

18. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Which seminar was this, because cutting Corrigedor really doesn't make a huge amount of sense given how much of it is new. Then again, neither did cutting all of ASA. If it's just cutting the starter, wildcats, morans, sniper intruder loose, carlotta, and the tomcats since they all include older minis it does add up a bit: That's about the same as is apparently getting FRRM'd with ASA.

But it also doesn't really make sense to do it so long after Tunguska was intro'd. Unless they had intended to drop FRRM earlier, something meant they couldn't, and then Varuna forced the Acon hand.
    [​IMG]
    What on this napkin-sketch timeline actually took place? I don't recall the spaceship vanishing or killing of Don Peyote, except maybe saying it was damaged in recounting the Wotan events. Could it be the spaceship was the plan at the time to remove the merovingians, and Corrigedor was meant to be harmed by Don Peyote being "killed"?

Perhaps the backlash to Uprising forced some delays or revisions to the approach for other changes of a similar nature.

It has, however, been said there wouldn't be anything new for Corrigedor for a little while. No Morans, for instance. Are people interpreting those statements as the sign it's Corrigedor next?

19. Ben Kenobi

Thought about what to set on vacation from Nomads too and didn't get a result. Most of the units are played in vanilla too and many are also in Starco. Bakunin would make more sense, but there are also key elements like Zero, Morlock Gruppe, Moderator etc. who can't disappear.
    I don't think, that there will be anything happen in the near future.

20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Each faction is supposedly going to be limited to about 50 SKUs, which would fit CJC, TJC and BJC nicely I feel.

Also I doubt that Corregidor is going to go the way of MRRF and SAA, not when there's so many CJC troops in the Nomad Core and Expansion box (Hellcat, Intruder, Alguaciles and Mobile Brigada!) and in other Sectorals too. No, I think that only factions with more than three planned Sectorals need concern themselves with these things, like PanO, Ariadna and theoretically Haqqislam at some point after RTF and they potentially get the Gabqar Khanate.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation