1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Yikes! I'm glad you and your child are ok. Hope you have an easy time getting back up to speed with us.

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

O.K. there was STILL "Too Much Stuff, Too Much Names" present at the Airport Scene. . .

So I employed the Background of @Beodren character to justify this "Dun-Dun-DUNN!!" Exposition. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Golem2God

@stevenart74 Those two Warcors are hiding quite a past. I wonder how they will play into the future of our (the group's) story.

stevenart74 likes this.
  4. stevenart74

You have no idea. . .

Remember that the basic premise of the Campaign are co-written with Me by other two G.M. in my L.G.S. and that some of their Players are (like You and other of this group) contributing significatively to the general background of the Game. . .

This is one of the reasons what there are SO MANY N.P.C. around the Mercs Company; some are really P.C. (or dropped, but still interesting, Characters Concepts).

Likewise some of YOUR Characters of this very P.B.P. features as co-starring main N.P.C. in thise Games abroad. . .

But as other have underscore so MANY N.P.C.s to take care of could be quite confusing for Players, so I will try to narrow down considerably the amount of "G.M. Actors" gallivanting sound. . .

Will try to stick to a more useful "Format" of Minotaur Officer explaining a given missione, MAYBE one of two "technical advisors" giving useful pre-missione intel and a "Mission Boss Main Baddie" surrounded by "faceless mooks" to be fleshed as "Full Henchmen" only when needed (such as when captured and interrogated by the Players). . .

Golem2God and inane.imp like this.
  5. stevenart74

@inane.imp ; @Golem2God ; @Danger Rose ; @Beodren . . .

Just a "ALERT CALL". . .

As I posted on the Main R.P.G.-related Thread, the Infinity Players of My L.G.S. want to have started a Game centered around Posthumans of A.L.E.P.H. (so essentially "Ghost In The Shell"; while we are more-or-less playing "Appleseed, with Werewolves!!". . . ) aboard a Circular Starship. . .

I doubt that any of You have the time to consider ANOTHER P.B.P. on the Site, but who knows, in that case You'll have "Preferential Spots" reserved. . .

Still everything is in "Infancy Stages of Developement". . .

. . . . .

On another SAD NOTE I tried to acquire some Infinity-R.P.G. related goods by Modiphius on Drivethru (Haqqislam Manual; Ariadna Manual; Gamemaster Manual; Mini-Adventure Manual; Hints & Tricks Manual) BUT TO NO AVAIL. . .

Tried BOTH Paypal and Credic Card, but could NOT buy or complete the Checkout of Drivethru. . .

Anyone of You know of issues with the Site. . . . . !!!

Golem2God likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

You lost me at ALEPH. :P

stevenart74 likes this.
  7. stevenart74

In the sense that You positively HATE "Big Sister" (never comprehended because Fanbase arbitrarily decided A.L.E.P.H. is ONLY Female !!) and will NEVER play one of His / Her / Its "Bionic Minions". . .??

That possible game is a DIRECT developement of the Ideas that I'm developing for the Aspects of Svengali and their deployement (along with a certain "Biotech Cybernetic Supersoldiers" program that CERTAIN Shaasvastiis are developing. . . . .Cough! Cough! Apophys !!!) so could be useful to follow it and check the Game Balance. . .

Or a Game Group could as well play as "Gorgon Rogues" (essentially Aspects of Svengali WITHOUT the psychological issues of "Criminal Godfather A.I." !!) put against comparable "Agents of T.O.T.H." . . .!!

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Golem2God

Well that stinks. I really hope that you are able to grab those books in the near future. They would be helpful to our overall sessions. Plus I'd be interested to read/look though/hear the Haqqislam book. It should give a good amount of lore/background and will showcase how Modiphius is planning the other factions books.

9. Golem2God

That is quite interesting. So this RPG session is happening parallel to the Minotaurs' sessions just in a different section of the galaxy.

10. stevenart74

Yes, the Circular Starship over which is will be much of the Action is the SAME that brought the Nomads Cargo Ship to Ariadnan System, to relieve the Haqqislamite Freighter of the duty to stand in Geosynch over New Knossos Island aphelius. . .

As Circulars are technically "Space Cities" in their own right (at the moment I don't remember if they are BIGGER or SMALLER than the Nomads Motherships) there will be PLENTY of occasions and plot-hooks to do adventure and mischief (JUST think that the "Police Security" abroad Circulars is JOINT 50% Pan-O Knights of Santiago and 50% Yujing I.S.S. !!!) even in Deep Space far distant from inhabitable planets and space stations. . .

NOT that I plan to put Mercenary Minotaurs against "P.E.R.S.E.U.S. Agents" in the immediate (unless something VERY WEIRD happens with the Campaign Games). . .

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

We should thank God for that. Aleph agents are nothing to be trifled with.

12. Golem2God

@Beodren @stevenart74 Is Uja and Bella at Alistar's place of residence? I'm a bit confused as to if everyone hopped on the same vehicle.

13. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Whole squad was provided with point of delivery being Alistairs home. So Uja will likely know, squad is going there and is likely expected to remain with unit until the package has been handled.

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Golem2God

Ah. So he would be there and Bella would be heading home after a rough day. Most likely to join Wayah in sunbathing after getting cleaned up.

15. stevenart74

"We should thank God for that. Aleph agents are nothing to be trifled with."

. . . . .

Not only SIMPLE Agents (such as a Player Character that is a Combat Lhost or some sort of "Free-Willed Myrmydons"). . .

P.E.R.S.E.U.S. is a brand new, experimental "Gestalt Multi-Mind" Espionage Weapon by A.L.E.P.H. ; usually Posthumans are very worthy V.I.P. of the Human Sphere that are offered to "Exalt / Evolve" towards the ideal developement of Humanity for "Big Sister". . .

They are NOT only Combat Personnel, but also Civilians, Artists, Magnates, Scientists and much more (I think that the new "Archer Lady" of Aristeia, Dart, is a Sport-Star offered Posthumanity) that A.L.E.P.H. thinks could actively contribute to the evolution of Humanity at large and IMPROVE the consciousness of the A.I. towards being a better "Partner of Homo Sapiens". . .

They could easily adapt to Battlefield, so what We see on the Tabletop Wargame could be a Quantum Physicist that dispatched a couple of Combat and Stealth Recon Bodies to observe a pecularly interesting phenomenon AND help other O.S.S. / Myrmydons in a pitched battle. . .

Much like Major Motoko Kusanagi at the end of Ghost-In-The-Shell they could relocate their consciousness in different bodies with different aptitudes. . .

But when the T.I.T.A.N.S. Threat reared its ugly head, then A.L.E.P.H. (along with one of its Avatar-Aspects, aptly named "Zeus, King of the Olympians") to create the perfect counter to them. . .

Some Agents of P.E.R.S.E.U.S. are "Subconscious Shard-Splinters" of A.L.E.P.H. given physical body, and some instead worthy Soldiers whose Cube was recovered but could NOT have a Recreation / Resurrection of their own; swearing fealty to the "Humansphere Overseer" they now are Immortals locked in a very pitched battle against "Monstruous Foes" (much like, in Greek Mythos, human-borne heroes like Perseus, Theseus, Hercules after their Physical Death are raised to "Demigod" status and will battle forever the "Titanspawns" . . . . .in a manner much as the "Enjerhar Chosen" of Viking Valhalla). . .

That will be a simple choice of the Players; being a "Virtual Mind" born in the Digital Womb of A.L.E.P.H. and experimenting the Wonders (and Horrors) of the Physical Reality. . . . .or being a "Warrior Revenant" that caame back from the Grave to fight an endless struggle for Humanity. . .!!

. . . . .

Complex stuff. . .Minotaurs have it easier, JUST blast with Teseum-tipped Bullets any "Trespassers" unauthorized on Ariadnan Soil and Native Traitors underselling the precious Ore of Planet Dawn . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  16. stevenart74

@Golem2God ; @Beodren . . .

Alistair and Uja are essentially "Neighbours of the Same Residential Block". . .but rather than a nice Corporate Beavertown Suburbia in one of the Hyperpowers Paradise-Planets, is a "Neighborhood" of Fortified Military Bungalows with Junior Officers of the Minotaurs and their Families. . .

"Neighborhood Watch" will have a WHOLE new perspective in that context. . .!!

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Golem2God

@stevenart74 Seems like both teams are in for a bumpy ride. Hope each of the characters and players behind them will succeed in their objectives.

18. Golem2God

Neighbors..I see. At least the odd couple (Ugee & Bells) have a good home base to relax in. I guess this means that Wayah is somehow nearby along with Balam since they are higher ups on Knossos.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'm assuming Tony is in the Nomad barracks with a small berth to himself.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. stevenart74

Barracks are just for "Rank'N'File Troopers" of basic low level (so essentially Highlanders Warbands, Biker Neophytes and "Basic Brawlers", even more because the former two tends to like more gregarious accomodations rather than personalized stuff). . .

Narby the Officer and Sub-Officer Compound (and Alistair rustic, quaint and well-defendable abode is very near the Walled Estate of the Graywulfs Family) there is "Secondary Exoframe Hangars" that are partially underground; under these some old Teseum Mineshaft has been extensively retrofitted and transformed into useful Fortified Bunkers. . .

Plenty of space where Tony (along with Dreanna) could choose a big multi-room placement, (similar enough to an Asteroidal Habitat to assuage the typical Agoraphobic Attitude of a Corregidoran Nomad) where Arachne Node Repeaters grants a good perma-link to basic amenities that Hyperpowers Ultramodern Citizens expect AT LEAST in Warzone Rear-Trenches. . .

If Tony feel that He REALLY want to be left alone, the Personalized Geist "Betty" could be present in "Holo Avatar Form" to take questions and even try to answer them based on Behaviour Algorythms (one of the functions that Advanced Geists share with the "Muses Secretaries" of Eclipse Phase) and Alistair is a well-traveled enough Ariadnan to NOT balk at the weird habits of Hyperpowers Human Spherers. . .

But Corregidorans I believe are culturally based on Hard-Working Crews of South-American and African Heritage; when the new "Workgang Boss" brings You to His Hab, USUALLY is considered Polite to attend in Person, and theose ethics are shared by Paramilitary Organization alike. . .

Amongst the Hitech Hyperpowers the Corregidorans are the ones MOST similar to Ariadna Ethics of Combat-Trained Workers and Work-Trained Soldiers. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation