1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is Haqqs Best Datatracker?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, May 29, 2018.

?

Who Is Haqqs Best Datatracker?

1. Vanilla: Tarik Spitfire

29 vote(s)
    64.4%
  2. Vanilla: Tarik AP rifle

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Vanilla \ HB: Asawira

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. HB: Asawira (in a duo with a Doctor, but not great as a Solo)

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Vanilla: Al Fasid HMG with Smoke (also has Six Sense L1)

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. Various: Any Tag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Vanilla: Tuareg - Infiltrating with TO Camo - Deployed open per DT Rules, just hard to hit.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Vanilla\QK: Odalisque - SSL2

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. HB \ QK: Any member of a 5 man link

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  10. Other

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I'm not usually a competitive tournament player, but I'm tempted to going to an out of town tournament. If I have 4 rounds I want to bring a couple lists a little stronger that my usual casual lists built in 5 minutes. The scenarios are below, 3 of them require Data trackers, so getting that right is important.

Round 1: Acquisition
    Round 2: Transimission matrix
    Round 3: UNMASKING
    Round 4: Supremacy​

I was tempted to bring a QK list because I've been playing lots of light experimental lists and QK has beefier options. But after looking at the scenarios I'm no longer sold on it. I can play QK/HB or Vanilla so I thought I would just open the question up here.

--
    My first thought was Tarik Spitfire because he's fast and can easily get in and kill something, then evade. But I'm not sure if he's legal with Treason. My second choice is HB Asawira Spitfire, with a Doctor Plus in a Duo link. Plan:A Kick A$$, Plan B:Survive, Plan C: Use Doctor, Plan D: Regen, Plan E...

2. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

Tarik Spitfire => Maggy => Rest

3. Green

Green Well-Known Member

Why it's impossible to pick both Vanila Spitfire Tarik and Spitfire Asawira in HB?
    Asawiras are the best in three man Haris, it has both attacking and survival potencial and can push buttons too.
    Maggie IMO is weak option, it comes with huge aim on forehead. To big, and no defensive abilities except of staying in SF. Just a TAG.
    Jannicares are fine as datatrackers in QK if you put them in link. It can be not that expensive if you use Hafza. Don't forget a doctor then. Jannicares are really shines in LI mode. Then use full link with ML, HMG and Doctor and wreak havok.

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You would want the Spitfire only in those missions where he has to kill and dying gives nothing... otherwise, it's better to use a troop that won't be the Point Man!

Vanilla: Tarik Spitfire Lt (specially when he will came back, with an extra order if it ends up being that bonus), or the Fiday for certain missions (see HB)

HB: Possibly Asawira Doctor, other option might be the Fiday (if you go first and it's just a matter of killing the enemy's target: throw smoke and engage).

QK: Two options here: either the Iguana if you go "normal", or the Janissary that is neither the HMG neither the Doctor in a 5 man link with 2 Hafzas... If it has to be a single unit, the Odalisque is tough enough.

5. Green

Green Well-Known Member

Xagroth, you right about Asawira, it will be obvious target but they are resilient.

Datatracker can't be in marker state, and disclosured Fiday is just a bit more tough than Ghulam.

It depends, if you playing against Ariadna (we got very Ariadnian meta here) with a lot of shock, you screwed. Djanbazan can be a good choice in that case.

#5 Green, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The idea is to be deployed out of line of sight, drop smoke, and run a suicide assassination attack. If the target is the enemy civilian like in some missions, where it's 4 points just for that... Al Djabel will enjoy deeply going there xD

We agree there are no absolutes. Then again, against Ariadna I would use the cheapest ghulam in the highest and hardest to reach position in total cover, since I wouldn't be worried only about shock, but fire and T2 xD

7. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

[​IMG]

TaRik the MANsuri! :)
    Definitely! With his deadly Spitfire and even deadlier charm ;) :D
    I used him in many battles and he usually did great, especially as a Datatracker. Fast, mobile, great hunter-killer, and still quite tough and easy to hide in the reactive turn (on the roofs).

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Palomides likes this.
  8. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Like Xagroth said, its Mission dependent. You dont want Tarik or another expensive Model to be your DT when you get points for just keeping it alive back in you DZ.

Concerning the Missions you mentioned my choices for Bahram would be the following:

Aquisition: Asawira Spitfire in a Link with a Doc and Minelayer Muyib. As resilient as it can get in Bahram, with an added layer of protection through the Mines and E-Maulers.

Unmasking: Either a Fiday or even better a linked LGL. Keeps your DT save and allows you to score despite well protected HVTs. Boring but effective.

Transmission Matrix: See above.

ambisinister and xagroth like this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Leila Sharif is pretty good too IMO

10. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Where do you find these comic strips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Lazarus0909

Lazarus0909 Well-Known Member

In QK I'm pretty partial to Odalisque (Spitfire) for the search and destroy type deals, and Janissary Doc for anything that requires staying put/holding ground (good enough to run solo even without the link). Iggy isn't bad but quite a chunk of points and squeezing into tight spots can be an issue sometimes, so works for either of the above cases if you want it in the build otherwise.

For staying alive, the amusing choice is something like an obscure member of the Djan link, where the doc is close enough to heal and you can even potentially heal yourself. Hard to get much more durable than that.

Danger Rose likes this.
  12. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This topic in old forum, and this topic also, and just google search ;)

And back to the topic - Tarik is the best DataTracker, because he combines the martial arts, the soldier skills, the years of training, with a focused and brilliant mind!
    [​IMG]
    :P

(Maybe there can be a bit distraction when the enemy has too feminized and scantily dressed army :P )

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Mörserer, oldGregg and xagroth like this.
  13. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I stand by my Odalisque with SMG/Contender (Apple Pie). She has always been my Data Tracker and has worked very well both staying alive and neutralizing Designated Targets

14. jackfrost

jackfrost Active Member

kaplan spitfire.

15. Fangoman

Fangoman New Member

Question: can I use a Fiday as DT in a Mission in which he only Needs to stay alive??
    He has to start the game without impersonation... but, if I have the first turn, I can bring him in impersonation state and let the adversary sweat to come to my DZ, identify him and eventually try to kill him...

16. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

No, the datatracker isn't allowed to be in a marker state during the whole game.
    Edit: therefore, yes, he can be the datatracker, but he is not allowed to use impersonation.

17. tehmik

tehmik New Member

I’m a fan of the Ayyar. Can masquerade as another s2 model (iirc holoecho 1 isn’t a marker state). Can end up causing a nasty surprise for anyone who comes to try and take them out.

18. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

looks like a waste to me, cause you cant surprise shot lvl 2 if you do that

Keyrott likes this.
  19. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

So hey, use sniper variant - that way you only waste SS L1! :P

20. tehmik

tehmik New Member

it's less to utilize SS and more to lull them into a false sense of security. masquerade as something hackable (say a Barid) and sorta squishy, they may not send something that can contend with an Ayyar

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation