1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Since everybody and their dog used the re-edited rulebook, very much so. Literally the only time I've seen anyone use the official 2ed rulebook or PDF, tournaments and all, was when players forgot to bring their own printout to a LGS game and had to use a book from the shelf.

2. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Or just people are whiny.

3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

At least you guys still have profiles of ASA.

Believe me, thats a huge thing.

sarf and Stiopa like this.
  4. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

May I suggest:

[​IMG]

Section9 and Zsolt like this.
  5. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

Thanks for remindig me of that. I had my heart stop a milisec when these news dropped.. then thought... Minis disccontinued I didn't need anyway? well, thats underwhelming... Should repost those pictures though XD

Golem2God likes this.
  6. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Why are you sure that your feelings are a good indicator of what a company should be doing?

I‘m not claiming that I have a lot of insight in the topic, but my discussions with retailers suggest that pretty much has no choice but to cut down their catalogue for smaller retailers to keep them in their stores. So it seems rotating sectorials in and out is a smart strategic move.

Alphz and sarf like this.
  7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Sarcasm alert... :stuck_out_tongue:

Alphz, sarf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

When I hear the new I was a little upset, but I understand why CB is doing what they are doing, CB is still a small company and they may not have the staff to keep producing old and new SKU's, But there is one thing I don't understand, let's say what I'm saying is very true, then why come out with a new game? maybe Aristeia should have been put on a the back burner, Then again what do I know? I was not in any of the CB meetings. When! it's all said and done, I think things will be ok and the sun will shine bright again on Panoville, So! lets keep our heads up, it's going to be ok.

xammy, LazyRabb, RogueJello and 2 others like this.
  9. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I have a feeling Aristiea! might be their most successful product yet, their hyper aggressive release schedule for it only supports that belief.

Now that the cats out of the bag, I really hope we get to see what the changes to the faction might be. I fully expect a Rao rework, or at least an ASA unique profile. outside of that, mixed links would be really cool but I'm not totally sure if they would function correctly. maybe ORC mixed link? that would be pretty cool.

sun? what sun? we live in the shadow of this salt factory, dontchya know?

andre61 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I;m not following the Areisteia but I've heard (from my surroundings) quite opposite voices.

11. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

interesting, it seems pretty popular around me and well received. It seemed like a pretty big hit at GenCon when I was there

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Yeah! I noticed Panoville has a lot of salt, and we are all guilty of it but we don't have keep adding salt, I my self will try not to add salt, it will not be easy but I'll try, It would be nice if others would join me. I'm starting to realize to much salt is not helping things get any better.

13. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Aristeia! Is a sucesss by any measurement right now.

It’s sold well and has a good 8.9 rating on Boardgamegeek and apart from one bad video review (by someone who not only got the rules wrong, didn’t know about expansions despite the review coming out in August 2018 and who thought there was too much text on the cards WTF?) has been very well received.

Anyway with the production burden for Aristeia outsourced to China for the minis and cards the game has a minimal impact on the Infinity production capacity.

14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Oh, then good. CB could use more cash and second "sudo independent" product (for sure different target-audience product).

Good to hear, I was little bit worried that Aristeia might be a bit of a fluke.

Thanks for info!

15. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I`m glad that Aristeia goes well, it haven`t sink in my local meta.
    Don`t play it because TAG Deathmatch is way more cooler))

16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Apart from it being very popular for a non-Kickstarter boardgame that's less than a year old, it's produced in China rather than by CB and the range is tiny in comparison to Infinity. The whole thing excluding tournament packs and the original special editions is only 9 SKUs at this point.

Also, companies that have one product are extraordinarily sensitive to small market changes, it's not generally a sensible business plan.

17. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Yeah, Infinity's metal miniatures are produced in-house by CB, but Aristeia isn't. I don't imagine that Aristeia, from a SKU, storage, distribution and fabrication standpoint, competes with Infinity in any way. The only competition I really see is staff time/development time. And given that CB staff uses Aristeia to play casually, blow off steam and have fun with, it's probably done more benefit than harm because it's helping them have fun. Teams that are having fun tend to perform better.

A Mão Esquerda and Mruczyslaw like this.
  18. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that I should go on AliExpress and buy Baristeia for $3.99? :)

19. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

So what you are saying, I can buy BWarhammer40k from aliexpress?

#239 Zsolt, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  20. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

And what's apparently going OOP with ASA? 9 SKUs!

Well okay it probably is but being rational about this stuff is no fun.

RogueJello likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation