1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEC - Dynamic Execution Corps (RIP ACON)

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by hydra, Sep 21, 2018.

1. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

Greetings everybody!

I have to admit, that I am one of the lost childs, that didn't take the migration to the new forum well. I went back, dwelled in nostalgia, downloaded the pictures from the od thread to sport them here.

I don't want to start a disussion, but i feel, the transition didn't just loose lots of good threats, but also a sort of etiquette, but, that is on another page and totally subjective.

The reason, I am posting this, is basically, that @Golem2God reminded me that I had these models and that I might should share them, to show, that a) ACON isn't dead and b) not getting new models, after not getting new models for... 2 years(?) anway isn't such a bad thing. The new proxy rules allow to gt creative anyway.

The only person I really feel sorry for, are the sculptors that created especially the latest Bagh Mari and Regular Models. See your aweseome work being dicontinued in such a way... that makes me really feel for them.

Anyway. Enough politics.
    More pictures...

Smiler, Daimeow, McNamara and 2 others like this.
  2. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

McNamara, volgo, Oni and 3 others like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@hydra They still look great Hydra. Very imaginative conversions and models that were chosen. Someday I hope to post some of my projects but I'm waiting on a camera and looking to buy an airbrush to use along with my normal brushes. Maybe even repaint some of my forces before posting them.

hydra likes this.
  4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Think, Google doesn't let use you the picture this way.

chromedog likes this.
  5. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Google photos doesn't use forum friendly image tags for sharing.

6. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

You can try this way ...
    [​IMG]
    ...but it's a pain to get the correct link.

Really nice army you've got here BTW.

7. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

Okay. Let's give this another try.

First off, I love Infinity for the Mercs. This image was, back in the days, sending my imagination swirling on how cool mercs are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I started to paint all the merc units (Back then I basically had Valerya Gromoz) in that green/yellow color scheme. Over the years I collected a couple of miniatures this way, before I leaned into a serious army of their own.

When the limited Tik Balang was released in Season 8 (?), I new I had to have that model. And to have an excuse to actually play that, I dubbed for the Shock Army of Acontecimento. Which was another reason to finally paint aaaaall the models I had collected over the years as stand ins and possible merc charakters.

Therefore I basically have two kind of units in this army, the ACON models, painted to actually represent a certain troop type for the ACON Army LIst and the pre-ACON models, mercs, which had been running with my Nomads sofar.

Let me today start with models, I made especially for the ACON army, the (Ir-)Relgulars.
    They are pulled from various miniature companies and where partly converted to represent wysiwyg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Since I get older, finding time for the hobby gets more and more difficult. But since I only pllay with painted miniatures, I had to put myself into a compromise here... so I made tomyself the 1h-vow, meaning, I would allow myself a max of 1 hour painitng time for a S2 model. Therefore, please forgive any sloppyness you might discover.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. PauloCavalcanti

PauloCavalcanti Intruder

Amazing work as usual Hydra. Kerp posting your stuff. :D

As for your self imposed 1 hour limit. That's bonkers...I can barely open the paint lid in that time. :sweat_smile:

9. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see your stuff back here, you do crazy awesome work, but now you tell me that you don't take more than 1 hour per S2 mini?!?! You're a Time Lord or something like that and can make that hour last a day, right? :open_mouth:

10. volgo

volgo Usuario

Yeah! One of my favorite poster is back!
    As always, I love your stuff. For me, you managed to bring the spirit of that art in your miniatures.

11. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

Thanks man! Yeah, I somewhat had to force me and a already set up workplace, ready to go when you have time, helps a lot with that :D

I wish. I am always short on time, I feel. It is more that exercise and experience I gained when I had time for that, now pays off to help to speed up things. So, Kids; start early, when you have time! XD

Thank you very much for that compliment!

And off we go.
    Next up... let's see...

FIrst off, a late addition to the Irregulars. A second Spitfire. At 1 SWC you actually can think about taking 2 in a link. And I just love the sculpt. Only thing that bothered me, was the baldness (remind me to much own my own leaving hair XD), so a cap was added. Now he looks super bad@§§, if you ask me

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And Finally for today, the one of the things I really feel sorry for to go: the Bagh Mari. They have such a "new" sculpt, that I am astonished to see them leave again. I have never had much luck depolying them (in one game, the hacker took 6 orders to push that button), but I just frikkin love their looks. And again, I feel for that sculptor, doing such an awsome job and seeing them leave... makes my heart sink.

Only thing I never came around to understand was the lifted visor on that one model. Why would anyone do that?!

Oh and the unit was done, before they got the HMG Blister. And though I really dig the sculpt... I figure I woill now have another reason less to add him to the crew.
    [​IMG]

DustGod, Smiler, Section9 and 9 others like this.
  12. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Nice work! What is the doll mini made from?

13. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Statuesque Fembots.
    Action females are Kill Team Kill from same brand. And the hacker from Human Interface Übermensch (OOP? KS for now?).

jherazob likes this.
  14. archangeleong

Cool, thought so. I was thinking of using the to make Karakuri. Are they same scale as infinity? Do you have pic of doll next to another infinity model?

15. Mob of Blondes

@hydra should migrate the missing ones. They look fine IMO, and you aren't the first to think Karakuri.

16. archangeleong

Yeah I've seen a few on the web. Pity the official Karakuri are so fugly by infinity standards.

17. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I gotta get me those bots one of these days, i've had my eye on them for no less than a year
    Here's a blog post by them comparing their scales to other companies. Do Ctrl-F to search for "Infinity" if you want. Their "Fine Scale" matches pretty much perfectly our old handmade sculpts, should be a little small against the newer 3D ones but not too much, it'd be a good idea to start testing their "Pulp Scale" as i have a gut feeling it'll match the newer ones.
    I like them... :confused:

Golem2God likes this.
  18. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

Well, Statuesque fits *perfect* scale wise. I love to use the heads for some change (see below) and the fembots fit greatly next to Infinity Models.

Back to ACON.

As we probably all can agree on, the PanO machinists are not the best... so, before "Soldiers of Fortune" was a thing, you could add Mercs to your list, if your opponent agreed to that.
    The best Engineer Merc surely is the Kaplan... though the model is rather ols/outdated. So I grabbed my bitzbox and pulled another old, but far from outdated, model from it. Ijust love that Tomcat sculpt... so cineastic.

Due to my dumbness, I assumed, that the Kaplan had something to do with wolves, so I wanted to make the helpebot a Wolf. Luckily my error was pointed out to me, before I could paint the head. Now, with a more feline head, the Bot reminds be a bit of Battle Cat from Masters of the Universe:nerd_face:

Another thing I cahnged before painting the mini was giving the Kaplan a more techy head.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#18 hydra, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    McNamara, Section9, andre61 and 5 others like this.
  19. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Pure gold. It's good you finally decided to move your topic to new forums.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Mob of Blondes

They have 4 scales for heads now (Fine, Pulp, Heroic and Heroic Narrow). *wink* I guess you mean Fine ones, taking into account the others are rather recent.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation