1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Is the fluff that they retired the whole fighting force from all fronts? Or just removed their involvement in the special operations situations that Infinity is reflective of? ie, they are now unwilling to risk their veterans and experienced fighters in black ops missions because they need them for training new recruits?

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

easiest explanation is that Shock Army is too busy fighting on the front lines against a new CA offensive (year of the alien etc etc) to be sending their frontline troops on black ops wet work.

The gist of it is that their most elite and largest fighting force was shot down by a hidden Onyx AA battery and then fought a holding action against the Onyx base until reinforcements came in, but the unit was pretty much decimated.

sarf and Golem2God like this.
  3. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

F**k this thread, seriously. Already people leaping about on Social Media proclaiming definitively that X Sectorial is next on the chopping block because "we all know this". Calm your s**t and stop putting dumb ideas in people's heads.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes.

That's mostly why I don't mind the Uprising as a concept. It was a bigass change to the geopolitical power balance. As executed, however, well, where is the :puke: emoji?

For the love of all that is holy, THIS.

Berjiz, volgo and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  6. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Corvus belli isnt going take into account outrage on forums and social media. They didnt with the uprising, mrrf, or this. Its 2018 the age of outrage. Everything is outrageous. If things stay the same people are outraged and if they change they're outraged. The problem with everybody being outraged all the time is it loses its power.

Everyone who's mad, upset, salty or what ever are just typing meaningless words. The only thing CB is going to ultimately listen to is $$$. They know damn well that people are quitting over uprising, they aren't quitting over mrrf, and they aren't quitting over aconticemento. If people do quit it will be in such low numbers to not even put a drop in the bucket. Do people really think these guys just wake up one day and say ya know what let's completely change this and that? No, companies have people who's job it is is to predict what these outcomes are going to be. They have stats and data to show them patterns and trends to come to informed decisions so they aren't just shooting in the dark. If I was a salt miner I'd set up camp in the corvus belli forums.

7. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Part CB's fault, part those who are hyperbolic about the whole thing, part those who don't know what's going on and spreading around false information.

You start OOPing stuff on a sectorial scale, capping SKU at 50 per faction, continuing to add sectorials, and have said stuff will be going OOP. Well, some people are going to naturally wonder who's next on the chopping block because MRRF and Acon isn't the last stuff that is going to rotate out. Things seem a little hot for CJC and QK at the moment.

Acon. and MRRF going isn't a big bother for me. Product lines getting rotated out isn't anything new. The question becomes when will they be back? Vague answers like the future or far future aren't helpful. Knowing CB the OOP sectorials might be out of business for sometime. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

Not the ones that take a second to step back and look at it without getting emotional.

Yeah, they have people that do this and calculate the risk and what will become of it. However, businesses are not protected against making mistakes. Sometimes its an immediate blow up and sometimes its a slow bleed. It's too soon to call what CB's doing a mistake. We'll have to come back in five years to see if it was a good choice or not.

Also there is outrage then there's also criticism. Sometimes its well thought out and sometimes its just masking outrage. Hopefully, CB isn't so far up their asses where they don't look at well thought out feedback.

Also, if you think this is the saltiest community or forum around... you need to hang up your prospecting hat. There are much bigger and saltier groups to mine from. The most salt you'll get here is from a few veins...

8. froste

froste Member

lots of fake news in this thread

sarf and Golem2God like this.
  9. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

one can hope, but the ACON thing is real, it's sad but it needs to be done

10. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

But you don't understand. As a consumer I'm infinitely more aware of what CB should do because I have these feelings when they do things which are wrong.

11. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

@Solodice But I looked so good in my prospector hat! I think CB is definitely not immune to mistakes and agree with you 100% that we wont be able to tell right away whether it's a mistake or not. I think CB looks at feedback the right way. They take things said on social media and the forums with a grain of salt. The community is far more than 50 people saying they are upset with a decision on the internet. There is also the people saying they are happy or dont care on the internet and the people who are upset, happy, or dont care who aren't saying it on the internet.

Something my mentor told me that his mentor told him seems to be in the same vein as CB's thinking. "Dont take business advice from someone who doesn't own a business and dont take business advice or atleast be extremely wary of it from a business owner who doesn't make as much money as you." The advice was given to me in the context of running my business and it's done well by me for many years. To clarify I'm not saying plug your ears and bury your head in the sand. There are always exceptions to the rules and we never know when the next great idea is going to come to us or when.
    What I'm saying is I don't expect CB to put much stock in what I say they should do or what I would do if I was them since I'm not in the making miniatures/making games business. I don't know the ins and outs of their industry or the systems they have in place for what they do. I'm a random guy on the internet who as far as they know is named atomicfryingpan. If I was the head of GW or CMON or FFG then I expect my opinions would carry more weight. It would be like if you were making a trading card game and Richard Garfield or Mark Rosewater said they didnt like what you were doing or think they would do it differently you would probably at the very least consider what they were saying since magic the gathering is incredibly successful $$$ wise.

A Mão Esquerda and sarf like this.
  12. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The reaction to this from the community has actually been pretty reasonable.

I appreciate threads like this, because it keeps it all confined to one area. It let's those of us who play the game/enjoy the hobby get on with it in relative peace.

#212 barakiel, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Flipswitch, xammy, RogueJello and 6 others like this.
  13. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

@atomicfryingpan I come from the entertainment industry (independent part not Hollywood) so I few feedback and advice differently. It can come from anyone because even the lowliest and greenist production assistant can see things from a perspective others have not seen. Wisdom can breed complacency and old ways are not always the best ways. Does that mean everything is a great idea. Nope! However, they will be heard, sometimes, and their thoughts and ideas weighted and then implemented if its better. Just because someone doesn't know the field that well doesn't mean they can have a good thought from time to time.

The OOP thing doesn't bug me but other aspects of the game like it not being treated as living (leaving the old sectorials to rot while the new sectorials keep getting nice thematic and mechanically interesting options) do bug me and I'll voice my criticism on it because I believe CB can do better in that area. I love the game of Infinity and I think some issues could be cleaned up to make it even better.

I remember one quote from one player back in N2 when the rule system wasn't all that concrete and we had language issues, "I wonder if it was us that made this game great." This was after some FAQs that had players in my local meta scratching our heads and doing 180s on our interpretations. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. But back to the point... CB isn't infallible or knows everything when it comes to its business or its game.

Berjiz, Pierzasty and atomicfryingpan like this.
  14. Nisse2MeetU!

Nisse2MeetU! Active Member

I think it would be a nice send off to put out a new model or two, that you can also play in vanilla too, like a new Guarda de Assaulto sculpt, etc.
    I hope they add in some fun changes to ASA like Dragoes being AVA-2, along with all the other boosts that others have proposed etc. I hope they aren’t slowly (a few years down the line anyway) just completely phasing out SAA as if I continue getting more of the Shock Army models, I do want this Sectoral to still be playable in ITS and on ARMY builder indefinitely or permanently. It is arguably our best army and one Pano’s coolest fluff wise too!

Whaleofforum likes this.
  15. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Should I buy new HMG Bagh Mari (just painted the old one two month ago) and Kirpal or not? I think those are the only new sculpts missing from ASA.

16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, Bagh-Mari HMG is relatively new, so I wouldn't expect a resculpt. Grab it by all means, if you like/want this model.

Kirpal's resculpt would be something completely out of left field, though if CB plans on reworking the profile and expects it to be played in vanilla as well...

17. Nisse2MeetU!

Nisse2MeetU! Active Member

If SKU’s was a main issue for discontinuing the ASA Shock Army why not just cancel Singh, Rao, Guarda, Bagh Hmg, Reg sniper, Regulars, Montessa Lgl, and Dragao, and put eveything , more or less into a 300 Pt Shock Army box with a bunch of these all going from like
    10+ SKU’s into 1 SKU?

You could then decide to just keep the new Bagh Mari box and maybe the new ASA starter, and maybe a new Guarda sculpt in future etc...
    That could work maybe?

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The reason, incidentally, why some people dislike MO in PanO is because PanO are kind of sold as "ultra high tech special forces from the South American/Oceanian/Indian/ subcontinent/Pacific corporate block with a distinctly organic modern aesthetic and beautiful living cities integrated perfectly into paradise environments" which is super fucking cool.

And then: mental space zealots who want to destroy the infidel? What? Read the Magister Knight text and it just doesn't fit at all. Where do they find these nutters? The MO just don't fit aesthetically. And that's fine if the majority of the faction did, but because they also filter into other Sectorals and now the one Sectoral that felt vaguely (if incompletely) "in-theme" is losing its minis.

Which is why moving them to NA2 would be cool. They are distinct, they are connected to PanO but also separate just like StarCo! And then they aren't a design and aesthetic weight on the shoulders of the faction, MO could be revitalised free from PanO's wider faction needs and imitations...

Smiler, Berjiz, McNamara and 2 others like this.
  19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@Nisse2MeetU!: as it was stated before, it's not only about managing SKUs, but also about production/logistics capacity. Merging a bunch of products into a single box would still require them to be produced, packaged, shipped and stored, while higher price of the box would turn some customers away.

@Solar: I'm a fan of "MO as a PanO-themed NA2" solution, and I agree that they don't mesh with the faction' theme all that well, but with upcoming Varuna (and even later on, Svalerheima) they shouldn't be much of a problem. We have to remember that strong position of Church is a part of PanO lore just as much as the theme you've mentioned.

RogueJello, Del S and sarf like this.
  20. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Maybe the dumb people are responsible for their dumbness and not those who "planted" dumb ideas in their dumb heads?

RogueJello, Del S and daboarder like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation