1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunt for Red [October Releases]

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

The first we learn of it, apart from a cryptic "Acontecimento explodes" note on a timeline sketch, was a leaked memo to retailers/distributors, phrased with a very impersonal and corporate vibe. There has been no official denial nor confirmation nor any attempt at presenting it in a friendlier way to players or, if we're being callous, damage control. And all this not long after the clusterfuck that was Uprising.
    It's a textbook example of inadequate communication.

2. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Yes. But an improvement on the uprising snafu. :no_mouth:

3. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

A textbook example of damning with faint praise. :P

#203 Pierzasty, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  4. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Just an idea regarding sectorial going oop : CB could keep the mrrf and saa (anf future other oop) available « on their website only »

They still have the molds to produce the mini so keeping the production on demand only should be doable

It will free space on the flgs shelves but will keep the sectorial available for those who truly want it

What do you think of this ?

5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Bostria straight up said in the SA Q&A that the reaction to uprising isnt going to change shit about how the operate if it didnt make them bolder.

6. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

JSA are a really nice sectorial and it feels like "a lot of care went into it".

We've found out that CB are now considering sectorials as full blown forces and are designing them differently. I think it shows in how JSA and Tungaska (being probably the first 2 sectorials embracing this idea) are designed.

I haven't really deep dived on TAK and OSS yet but both of them seem to also have very interesting options/generally seem amazing. I don't quite buy the nomad favouritism, nomads don't ever seem to appear at the top of ITS tournaments either so I think we're OK on the OP or no weaknesses front.

Given how little the most vocal complainers seem to listen and consider what Bostria is saying (and in some cases of dismissing or accusing him of being deceptive), I don't really blame him.

7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Yes, because "I don't give a shit about my customers because I don't like what some of them say about me" is a totally mature and legit way to go about a business. Also, I don't think Bostria is deceptive in purpose, but half the time it seems he doesn't entirely know what he is talking about (Yadu being "uber flexible fireteam members", Traktor Muls getting new weapons, Sophotects getting special links are just some of the latest examples); that one time when he straight laughed at Yu Jing players who were legitimately sore about the Uprising shitstorm was also really classy.

On the topic at hand, I'm pretty amazed at people saying the OOP sectorials are gonna get played with no minis available. Kinda reminds me of all that people who say they are gonna keep playing the old, unsupported edition of some game because they don't like the new one (spoiler: they never do)

#207 Benkei, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    xagroth, Pierzasty and Dragonstriker like this.
  8. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

All the signs point to that happening.

9. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Anecdotally people play shasvaasti/MRRF and they've been iced for how long now?

Evidence, meet trumped up speculation.

Pen-dragon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Shasvastii has been iced how? Last i checked you can still but them on every store. And Mero has been OOP for what, a month?

I honestly don't know if you don't want to understand what I'm saying or it is a serious reading comprehension problem

#210 Benkei, Sep 20, 2018
  11. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I see the point to be disappointed and at the same time don`t see the point.
    Losing anything doesn`t make you feel better, sure thing.
    But regarding SAA here we have two separate entities:
    1) Player like SAA models and wants to play with it. Sure under current proxy rules he`s free to play with, for example, Regulars models, as anything he wants to.
    2) Player like SAA sectorial profiles and rules. He could use profiles and play sectorial with another models on his likes.
    Also we have two intersections of these entities:
    i1) Player already have SAA models and want to play SAA sectorial. No problem here from both sides.
    i2) Player don`t have SAA models (because OOP) and want to play SAA sectorial only with specific SAA models. These players are right to be disappointed, true story. But there are a lot of things to mitigate this disappointment: new shiny sectorial, new shiny models to be used instead etc.
    Things going OOP all the time, that`s how everything works. Really, I can`t buy replacement for my mouse because of unique shape, damn you, ASUS, you`ve ruined computer usage forever!

12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Idea of "those product are online store (Corvus Belli store) exclusive" is an interesting one.

I wonder why it wasn't chosen.

xagroth, Deltervees and Melchior like this.
  13. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Also, less polite and a separate statement: want a mini, buy it. Hypothetically want a specific mini in 2022? Yeah, sure, you of course could buy it in bundle with brand new PS3 console.

14. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I guess because they don`t have money to develop and produce new stuff and store and occasionally produce old stuff.

I wonder why they don`t use "while stock last" idea, it could be great for everybody who wants to get their hands on some specific mini before going OOP.

15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So if i want to maybe start SAA one year from now I should buy ALL the line now? And why should I want a PS3 in 2022 when I will be able to get the same thing, only better (also thank you for reinforcing my point, that SAA is dead with this OOP thing, just like PS3)? If you want to argue, have the decency of providing at the very least convincing arguments and not half-jokes

#215 Benkei, Sep 20, 2018
  16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

They could also go with "Made to Order".

Announce during a "calmer time" that you provide option to buy some OOP models.

Get the orders, and produce enough for those + overhead for possible miscasts.

Balewolf likes this.
  17. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I made whole statement with arguments in post #211, could you please read all posts, not just react to one.
    I compare this situation to some console because it looks exact like motion in retrogaming - play games on original hardware. You can`t buy older "better" console and have all games library of previous one be available. It doesn`t work this way for a long time. If you want old console, buy it while stock last or buy it used.
    Of course there are remasters of old games for new hardware. Buuuut, this is exact same thing as resculpts in miniature wargame. I could provide example of Chasseur - definitely remaster for all Ariadna players to be used.

Pen-dragon likes this.
  18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So what you are telling me is that SAA is as dead as an old console, which is precisely my point.

Also, do I REALLY have to point out this is not a resculpt of a sectorial?

19. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Oh, and I`ve missed other fun thing. Thank you for proving my statement)))
    If you are happy to buy new and better version of game console in future (it won`t play old games because it won`t) why aren`t you exact same happy with same things in miniatures? New "better" sectorials and so on)))))

20. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Because there is NOT a new SAA to buy? I mean, really? Do I have to point that out?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation