1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uses for Atalanta in OS

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by UnderDarkLord, Sep 15, 2018.

1. UnderDarkLord

UnderDarkLord Member

So, I'm starting Vedic now that it's out, having bought into Aleph long ago, then finding out the focus was on Greek heroes, not cool tech suits, hacking, robots, or anything else that drew me to them other than some nice looking models (some of the Greeks are very good looking if nothing else). Was hoping some rumors about Atalanta being in OS would turn out true, because I like snipers, and bought her pre-announcements. Now the only thing I can think of for her is as a proxy for a Dasyu sniper. Maaaaybe a Mk.2 sniper, though she doesn't fit the posthuman aesthetic at all. Any other ideas? I was hoping the Arjunas would have a sniper, but no luck there. No Yadu sniper either. Guess I'll have to start squeezing Dasyu snipers into every 4th list or something, or play a little vanilla and use her actual profile.

2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

just proxy Atalanta as a Mk 2. Not all posthumans need to look inhuman (I think they look inhuman anyway). You'll get a LOT of use out of the Mk 2.

3. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Maybe a Shock Marksman Rifle wielding Arjuna?

UnderDarkLord likes this.
  4. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

I mean if you want to play Atalanta, by any means you can play Vanilla ALEPH.

You are missing on the fireteams, but you can field Posthumans / Yadus just as well and even get a myrmidon in there to provide smoke for Atalanta.

Abrilete and xagroth like this.
  5. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I would go proxy her as the MK2 proxy. Remember, the posthuman changes bodies like some people change clothes. She could literally use any lhost body that is empty. Any Aleph model would make a believable posthuman proxy proxy. Although you may confuse your opponent, make sure you are clear when the model hits the table. Myself, if I am using a non-standard model as a permanent proxy for a profile, I write the name of the unit on the model's base. In fact I do that for all my miniature, just incase my opponent is not familiar with all the models of the line. That way an opponent does not have to keep asking me what stuff is, they can read the base, and compare to the friendly list.

6. UnderDarkLord

UnderDarkLord Member

I might eventually, but my thirst to try the Yadu NCO in a Haris is strong. Actually, maybe I'll do it sooner, because until they actually release a Yadu HMG, I probably won't want to field it. Hmm... maybe I should try building some more vanilla lists, I'll consider it.

I'll definitely tell them what it is when it shows up, and I mean, it shouldn't be too confusing since OS doesn't have Atalanta. I probably won't write Mk2 on the base tho, since she'll still be Atalanta in vanilla. I could end up playing more vanilla than OS after all, once I've tried out the OS tools in their native environment, as it were. Definitely looks like she'll be a Proxy Mk2 for any OS use though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation