1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corregidor, ITSX and Armageddon!

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Snowball, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Snowball

Snowball Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So the 10th season of ITS is upon us and the missions for Arizona Armageddon III are set. Though I’ll be honest, this is the first time since 2014 where I don’t really know what to do for lists. I normally run defensive alguacil links, tomcats and bandits in a 16ish order list, but with the buffs to MI and AD this season I feel I would be gimping myself a lot, especially for this tournament. Missions are:

Frontline
    Looting and sabotaging
    Power pack
    Show of force
    Unmasking

So let me address the elephant in the room, I SUCK AT TAGS! Doesn’t matter which one it is, szally, marut, avatar, I always can’t do anything with them, so I’m at a loss for what to do there. It’s been years since I played the geckos and iguana as well so don’t know the kind of list to make for that mission. As for the other missions I came up with this:

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)[​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)[​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)[​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)[​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)[​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)[​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)[​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)[​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)[​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1 [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)[​IMG] WILDCAT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (2 | 20)[​IMG] WILDCAT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)[​IMG] WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)[​IMG] WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)[​IMG] WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19) 5 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

The wildcat link is weird to me, I don’t normally like playing them, but the forward deployment makes that rocket launcher a little more viable for offense and defense. It’ll also make power pack and frontline a little easier. Jaguars and bandits will be good for looting and sabotaging, while the killer hacker bandits will be on 15’s for unmasking. Then of course Moran’s doing what they do best, slowing opponents down. List doesn’t have a tomcat engineer, which bugs me as I crutch on them more than intruders but it might be something I’ll have to live with.

So what should I do for show of force? What Corregidor tag lists have used that can jog my brain for a direction to go in. I like the idea of Moran and assault hacker spam but it might take up too many points. I don’t know lol.

2. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I know how you feel I am racking my brain to make Tunguska work. If I was you I would do a pair of Geckos with assault hackers.

3. TacCom

TacCom Member

The beauty of the Corregidor TAGs is you don't really play it like a normal TAG, you play it more like HI. Plus they don't hurt your points wallet nearly as hard so you can afford to take more of your usual choices. The Geckos are great brawlers and the smaller profile really does help them get into places TAGs wouldn't normally fit through. More then once I've had a Gecko go up the side of the board and get behind most of the ARO covering fire since my opponent thought the side gaps were too narrow.

The Iguana on the other hand is a cheap but really survivable HMG. For that 71 points, you get 4 wounds and for 2 of those wounds is at the higher BS14. Plus having the repeater helps out for hackers trying to sneak up to go for a TAG possession. But if your opponent is fielding a TAG, then just hack it instead of getting in TAG fights. Both the Gecko and the Iguana are much better suited to clubbing squishies then fighting any actual hard targets. Because it's a TAG you expect them to be awesome and do great things, but the truth is both the Corregidor TAG options won't take over a game. If you play with that in mind I think you will do great on Show of Force :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation