1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clockmakers: some small questions

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Varsovian, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

I have a small question about Clockmakers, if you guys don't mind.

I've been looking at their stats yesterday and I noticed something... These people are BTS 3. My questions is: why?

I mean, what's the justification for that? Usually, troopers that have some measure of BTS have a backstory that justifies that - or, at least, have visible sealed helmets etc. that suggest they use some protective tech. Meanwhile, the one Clockmaker mini that exists (the one from Support Pack) is just a normal tech guy. So... why BTS 3?

That stats puzzles me, especially as Zoe (who is a Clockmaker, too), is BTS 0. So, a named super-Clockmaker is BTS 0, but a normal, typical, Clockmaker is BTS 3? That's... strange.

BTW. Any news on a new version of Nomad Support Pack? The current one really looks dated. I admit I'm actually tempted just to ignore it and use Tomcats as support troops (even though they are more costly - and their Engineers are less effective, I think)...

2. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

No idea on the BTS but don't question it just enjoy it! I use the midnight sun analyst as a clockmaker instead of baggy pants guy, seems to fit nicely.

Varsovian likes this.
  3. Varsovian

Oh, good idea! But who do you use as a Nomad HVT, then?

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I use the civ from the Dire Foes with Lupe.

I gave an Alguacil a spare arm from the Gecko cockpit so she has a mechanical arm and painted her like a Clockmaker for mine.

xagroth and Deltervees like this.
  5. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

Any other HVT model fits the bill. Basically anything without a gun to avoid confusion.

chromedog likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I use O-12 emmisary as a Tunguskan Mafia boss.

7. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I use a "recreation" of Captain Morgan (mini from Blood and Plunder) because why not lol

Leper, Section9 and Cry of the Wind like this.
  8. Varsovian

You know, I keep looking at the MS Analyst and... you know, the idea of turning him into a Clockmaker is *genius*. He actually fits the fluff description very well! Just add some miniscule net access implant at the back on his head, paint him in some suitably eccentric colour combination... and he'd be a perfect Clockmaker.

As for Nomad HVT - I'd say that Freelance Stringer from the Dire Foes pack with Leila would work as a replacement quite nicely, too. But the O-12 Commissioner is a very good idea, too! Meanwhile, Freelance Stringer could be used as the Ikari HVT (they don't have one).

Now, that leaves me just with the conundrum what to do with Comm-Tech from the DF set with Yuriko Oda... I'd like to proxy something with her, but she doesn't seem to fit anything from Nomads, Haqqislam, ALEPH or Ikari. Hm...

9. freefall357

freefall357 Active Member

My guess is that the clockmaker has some basic HAZMAT gear or BioTechnological protection in his baggypants, and may have sacrificed some performance in his datapad for some security, while zoe is wearing civilian clothes and running hit-sim (shadowrun reference!).

10. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I made my female Clockmaker from Guija pilot and Techbee. Suits quite well))
    [​IMG]

ev0k, MindwormGames and loricus like this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    She looks more Nomad than PanO to me.

12. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I`m going to re-paint mr Baggy Pants Clockmaker to Corregidor colors and convert one more for Tunguska. In this way I`ll have different ones for each sectorial)))

13. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

I use her as my tech bee, as I hate the actual model. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation