1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurage Results. [Galactics get off our Lawn!]

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Kreslack, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@Dabicho You are incorrect.

@cazboab The fluff literally says that Dai-Nippon being a new nation and thus not a signatory to the treaties that ended armed conflict on Dawn is their reason for doing it.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's the reason they're trying it.

They're likely to get shot down when that finally gets in front of an O12 Commission, because it's an O12 ruling that being a recognized nation by O12 binds Dai-Nippon to abide by it.

Though this does require people being willing to slap down Dai-Nippon.

3. Gargs454

Gargs454 Member

Eh, I look at it as Ariadna prior to the campaign had no foothold on Novvy. During the campaign, Ariadna carried in a portable, temporary base and held two thirds of it, losing the one portion of it after abandoning it to take part of a permanent PanO structure -- and kicking PanO in the teeth in the process. To me, that's pretty clear Ariadna gained a lot more ground during the campaign.

Of course being a campaign, every faction gained something here with the exception of CA, but if that alone means Ariadna lost, then what's the point of the campaign since there's simply no way any faction could kick everyone else off the map.

I must say though that I was pretty surprised to see how much things changed after the AI Historian got done. All in all though it was a very fun campaign.

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

They won't, they're an "author's pet" faction.

5. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Truth be told I think every faction gets a turn on top, JSA being the new hotness right now, it's possibly just their turn, but we'll see what happens in the next year or so...

6. Captain927

Captain927 Shotguns and Scotch Runs.

It'll be TAK. Aleph OS doesn't seem to be getting much hype, other than some new sculpts.

cazboab likes this.
  7. cazboab

It seems likely that TAK will be shown some of the love at least until November, and possibly a bit longer than that...

8. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

After what happened during the Kurage crisis you won't have a hard time finding volunteers. Save for PanO and their Tohaa "friends", JSA's relationship with the powers ranges from neutral (Nomads, Haqq, Aleph?) to downright hostile (Ariadna, Yu Jing)

9. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Isn't the emperor pretty good buddy buddies with ALEPH, or am I forgetting things? 'Cause that'd be pretty big cause for JSA to not be very fond of ALEPH, if you ask me.

Didn't know Ariadna and JSA got along poorly... although, claiming land on Dawn would warrant that, I suppose, so that makes sense.

10. cazboab

Tldr JSA started a fight in the campaign and they're on the list...

Gargs454 likes this.
  11. Maksimas

Can't say that surprises me. But hey, they only have themselves to blame for kicking the wolf den and trashing the tigers cave at this point, I suppose.

Cabaray, Section9 and Gargs454 like this.
  12. Gargs454

Gargs454 Member

All of this assumes of course that the events of the narrative campaigns have much of a bearing on future events. But yeah, JSA certainly had things go sideways for them during the campaign. Ariadna offered peace and a permanent place on Dawn, JSA said "F U" we're winning, Ariadna thwarted the JSA offensive while keeping PanO busy so that YJ could walk into Kurage and swipe the USF.

FWIW: I don't begrudge CB for having a story they want to tell. I do think; however, they could have handled things better from a campaign perspective than having a "playable" base that really couldn't be taken.

cazboab likes this.
  13. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

I find it a little amusing how irate I get reading about the Kurage events. I’m sitting here thinking, “It’s our planet, what the hell are you doing. Send us off in to space, abandon us, forget all about us, and then steal everything when you stumble upon us.”

Section9 and Gargs454 like this.
  14. Gargs454

Gargs454 Member

Yeah and the whole "you weren't using this island anyway" argument to suggest Ariadna had no reason to be upset is just mind boggling to me. It's like saying "Hey, I noticed you have a four bedroom house but really only use three bedrooms, so I'm going to go ahead and move into that fourth bedroom." Followed by "What's that? Oh no, I'm not going to pay you rent. I mean you weren't using it. Hey, why are you upset?"

Hecaton, Section9 and Maksimas like this.
  15. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

That shows a lack of understanding about the NA2 motivation.

Ariadna proved themselves to be untrustworthy, based on collective experience from past campaigns. Alliances, promises, etc. don't have any meaning to Ariadna, and it isn't smart to strike up an alliance with untrustworthy people. Coupled with the threats that Ariadna made to NA2 before the Kurage even started, there was no indicator at all that Ariadna could be trusted. It was as simple as that.

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. Gargs454

Gargs454 Member

I obviously wasn't a part of the High Command of either side, but I do know that once the campaign started that was the response. To be fair, I'm not saying it was clearly a bad decision at the time, and frankly as a player, I would rather swing big and possibly miss than just play it safe and boring, so I actually commend JSA for that particular approach. In the end though that's pretty much how it went down. Ariadna held against NA2 and Tohaa while PanO basically sat there and watched the USF get taken. /shrug.

barakiel likes this.
  17. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The decision to march out and try to do something fun was an easy one to make. Props to Yu Jing for their smart strategic play, but turtling for 2/3 of the campaign when noone was attacking them was painfully dull from a story telling perspective.

Gargs454 likes this.
  18. Gargs454

Gargs454 Member

My thoughts too. In Ariadna we went for a very bold play, fighting on three fronts in the first phase and 2+ in the second. It certainly could have gone horribly wrong, but it was a lot more fun. I think Haqq was a great example of excellent diplomacy and smart strategy, but also fairly boring play from a player perspective.

barakiel likes this.
  19. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Thankfully in this campaign we proven far more trustworthy. I am almost sure YJ was happy about cooperating with us, and as much as I dislike their ideas how to treat populace, their assault on NA2 was very helpful for us, and we returned the favor with our mad charge aimed at PanO, when they assaulted YJ.

In the end, I am glad we went on multpile offensives, even while defending cconstantly. We caused the map to shift and created some sort of Drama, even if I believe that Haqq were simply amazing as politicians. We will see how it all develops now.

Gargs454 likes this.
  20. Maksimas

I can confirm this to be true.

Gargs454 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation