1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using CRITICAL SUCCESS to activate Switches.

Discussion in 'Rules' started by mike85, Aug 30, 2018.

1. mike85

mike85 New Member

I was playing a game of Aristeia! last night and we were wondering if we are misunderstanding the rule that states "you may use a critical success to activate switches, where it counts as * * (2 successes)

None of the characters in the core game use successes to activate switches, and as i can see in the expansion i think only 2 characters will, and they only need 1 success.

Are we misunderstanding the use of trading the critical success for 2 successes?

Thanks!

2. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

As long as you can activate Switches more than once per dice roll, you could use a critical success in order to activate it twice.

:3

Marc C and -V- like this.
  3. mike85

mike85 New Member

Thanks for the reply Damiel!

I guess its just not applicable to any of the characters in the coreset but will be if characters get switches with successes in them in future expansions.

4. mike85

mike85 New Member

What about using your critical success, and turning it into 2 success for the purpose of inflicting damage as opposed to using it for switches?

5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

You can't, however Mendoza for example can use it to inflict 2 burning tokens on a target:

[​IMG]

Marc C, mike85 and zlavin like this.
  6. mike85

mike85 New Member

OK, starting to make more sense with the added characters!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation