1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So will this be an even grimmer year for tohaa?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Sora9785, Jan 30, 2018.

1. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

I still don't own all the current models (and only a third of them are painted), so the absence of new releases for us is not that dreadful for me. I've been running Forty Kay 3rd Ed Necrons for several years before Thy Spiritual Liege marred my beloved shiny soulless robots with his baleful touch. So I am too, kind of used to waiting, but I agree that CB's policy regarging faction updates is questionable.

There's definitely some bias and faction favouritism present, and it seems that some factions were designed in a very hectic fashion, only to be discontinued or put on hold for eternity. Ours is an odd ball. They fucked up when they've made our Symbiont-clad troops die from a mere exposure to dreaded Fire ammunition, but then they fucked up again when they tried to fix that by introducing the Hateful Mates. Now they fear to update us because they made a few mistakes and fear of making another. This, however, didn't stop them from fracturing the poor YJ, somehow ruining both factions that emerged from this split. Maybe they will revoke the decision and YJ will write a 'pwease come bawk, we'we reawwy reawwy sowwy we made you feew bawd' letter, offering hugs and kisses to their former Japanese brothers and sisters and welcome them back with a wee more autonomy?

I really expect to see Exrah making a return to Infinity universe, but this time under different banners. Oh, and an official XCOM mod for Infinity. That would be really awesome.

Abrilete likes this.
  2. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

*Sees a Tohaa-style backpack on this Speculo mercenary (that's the new ITS mini, btw)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to using her. The scavenger skill is pretty great, and viral mines seem like they will be fun as well.

4. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

I dont think tohaa will get her, that would be wierd

5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

All non-secorials + NCA + Shasvashfrogdudes, as far as I know. #tohaaisasectorial though

6. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

There is nothing to indicate Tohaa will not have access to her, just like they have access to Krakots, Le Muet, and Cube Jagers.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  7. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Yeah Tohaa should get her. We atleast get alien mercs. Human mercs particularly Emily with symbioarmour would be neat :)

8. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Yea, Tohaa will have access to the Shasvastii merc, like it got access to the aforementioned ones.

9. tokumei

tokumei Well-Known Member

10. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

11. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

12. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Is that official? I don't know the guy by name.

13. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

14. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I would advice waiting to see it before complaining.

I do need to remind you though from a Tohaa standpoint Triumvirate are the worse traitors possible, worse than the Combined Army it makes sense them to be in "NA2"

DukeofEarl and theGricks like this.
  16. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I don't understand the thought of making the Triumvirate NA2....

I also don't know what a Tohaa sectorial would have. Tohaa wouldn't have a Core fireteam, it doesn't fit their lore...so just...triads still? Whats the point of a sectorial then? Increased AVA for some and reduced ava for others. I honestly don't understand the need for a Tohaa sectorial besides Triumvirate. Anything new you get in a sectorial would also be in Vanilla and function the same. Tohaa need more and varied units before a sectorial.

EDIT: As @psychoticstorm storm posts...that is a fair reason.

17. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Where’s that fluff? Lot of fluff books out there.

18. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

My impression of the Triumvirate was always that they were the CIA/Illuminati/Freemasons/Kalergi Plan group. Not out to destroy the Tohaa, but to preserve the Tohaa rule by any means necessary. I can't recall a time when they overtly betrayed the Tohaa on behalf of some other power.

19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Campaign Paradiso P19.

Zsolt and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Well, it will be a sectorial of Tohaa and friends, meaning some Druze, some other Mercs, and overall a lot of disappointment.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation