1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tournaments and "House Rules"

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Plebian, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, wanted some advice, especially from @-V-

I'm running the two Aristeia tournaments at Gencon and one of them has the "Semy" mod, where you build your opponents team. I also have Carnage as one of the missions.

I have had people to mention that they were not going to put Murtair or 8 Ball in their starting line up due to their fear that their opponent would choose them.

So my question: Would it be OK to "houserule" Carnage so that models with 3-5 wounds are worth 2 Victory Points and models with 6+ wounds are worth 3 Victory Points? Or should I just accept that models will not be taken in the starting 8 due to this?

Thanks

#1 Plebian, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

This is similar to me as "I won't put Maximus in my starting line up because Maximus is not good at Scorching Earth and Blitz". And it could be right. Well, that's the point, the chars are not good at all scenarios. It is intended to have included Carnage so you have to think in different ways: speed for Scorching Earth, Defense for KotH, Damage for Carnage... You'll have to bet for your strategy.

Maybe the problem is not in Carnage but using 'Semy' mod. Maybe this is the real challenge.

Anyway, if we have enough feed back from you players we're open to make any changes to make AGL evolve in the right way to be enjoyable for everybody. So let us know every time.

:wink:

Zewrath, anaris and Plebian like this.
  3. Magno

Magno Well-Known Member
    Warcor

No, don't house rule. Its a compositional choice you are presenting to the players with this choice of mods and scenarios.

8-Ball and Max provide the most VPs, but you aren't necessarily going to get them as often as you could going after 3-4 HP models.

I'd MUCH rather go after 3-4 point models. They can be taken out in single activations as oppossed to Max, 8-Ball or Murtair needing 2 activations or more.

Max would be a bad choice anyway, he doesn't have the damage output.

4. Will L.

Will L. New Member

I would love to know which way you decided to go @Plebian, and how it turned out in your mind now that the event is over?

5. Plebian

I did not house rule, but believe more than ever that Carnage should be changed. Murtair consistently lost his team the game from giving up 3 points.

Hecaton likes this.
  6. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Did people have the choice not to play Murtair? His horrible defense roll makes him a difficult choice for Carnage!

7. Plebian

Semy.

8. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Assuming they knew it was Semy beforehand, they could have not included Murtair in their 8. It seems like with Semy you want your 8 to be champs your opponent will hate to see in almost any situation.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation