1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gencon Seminar 2018

Discussion in 'News' started by zagdag, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

My problem really is Tunguska was really creative and the NA armies too althought not at the same level, so I was expecting something (anything!) cool for their Aleph counterpart, you know, the Section 9 lookalike. Instead, we got shit all, and the Apsaras is the best example.

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

This sounds like truth.

I disagree completely with the more negative opinions, though. I do like the more robotic/less humanoid old Dakini concept better (though I do prefer new models construction and sculpt quality), and I do prefer old, in-built weapons over new, more standard ones (I also hate the new Boarding Shotgun with a passion and will work to remove it from each and every Aleph model I possess. But I do like the upcoming OSS and I don't need it to have Nomad-style quirky tech (though getting AI Motorcycle for Penthesilea would be shiny). We haven't seen the whole picture yet, guys. Stop being so doom and gloom.

From my perspective they're getting a lot of cool stuff, it's just not the stuff that's cool for you. You have every right to voice your opinion, but so have I, and I say we're actually getting a lot of cool shit.

Pen-dragon, sarf, chaos11 and 7 others like this.
  3. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Sooo it's a dual purpose ammo drum and jet engine? :)

4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

More likely a standarized external container form, with possibility of fitting a wide array of equipment inside? makes design and mass production a lot easier.

I also like that ammo drum, but then again I like them in general. Complete with ammo feeding belts. From what I see it'll look a lot better than the one on Vet Kazak.

#264 Stiopa, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    kanluwen and DukeofEarl like this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Same casing different internal parts ?

You know, modular engineering and similar stuff ? (for both in game, and out-game sculptors reusing existing assets)

Stiopa and DukeofEarl like this.
  6. Seneca

Seneca Member

Actually like the new design for Aleph a lot. Enough to get me started on them as a faction. Dakini's are ace.
    Rest of the box is pretty good as well. Playing the "almost human, but artificial" vibe just right.
    Looking forward to what else CB has in the pipeline.

7. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Well yeah, of course the NA2s weren't as creative at the same levels.

They're not new armies. They're repackaged stuff.

I hate to make it sound like a "Well duh..." thing, but I feel like anyone who was expecting super creativity from the NA2s was expecting a bit much. You got some of the most interesting link options in the game but the units were never going to be anything super exciting/new.

8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Nah, i was expecting creativity for the new post-Tunguska sectorials

Guardian likes this.
  9. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Unless we've really seen in-depth details, I think it's a bit too early to tell with Varuna.

TAK and Vedic we've had a bit of an inkling of the shape of things to come for quite some time.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Varuna look like they'll be the most interesting Sectoral for PanO, and the new Operations and TAK stuff seems pretty creative to me! The Yadu are breaking new ground, the Streloks and Frontoviks seem really strong, Invincible Army will probably be the Yu Jing that Yu Jing players have always dreamt of... like I don't think they've lost creativity outside of Tunguska. Tunguska was really creative, but JSA plays very uniquely too, and even though the NA2 stuff was a lot of existing troops, they also have some quite interesting and cool playstyles. Plus they aren't even counting those as Sectorals towards the five (five!) new ones this year.

I don't think CB are creative wunderkinds beyond anyone else, but they definitely seem to be making interesting new troops, profiles and Sectorals. The new Raicho profile is probably one of the most dynamic, interesting to play and desirable TAG profiles in the game! That's not a failure of creativity!

11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Ms. Swanson seems to be a strange one, working for Shas and NCA Sektorials and is a shas/has the rule? Maybe a deep infiltrator, maybe a convertet alien, double agent ... what ever, she look like a good Moran proxy with that dreadlocks and the cape :wink:

Profile-wise her mimetism and FD seems to be the new thing, almost every second new profile get one or two of theese - oh wait there is a discounting SMG too ... :grimacing:

Ah two new artworks for YJ´s IA and one is even a big one. Okay ... the other look ladylike, okay too. I hope we see this sector early in 19.

Kurgat! Cool - he has a FLAK:grinning:

Dakinis: Maybe only box with three, like the tankos. The paramedic is a bit of dissapointment - a LGL would make soo much more sense. I like the new sculpts and even the kneeling pose, the could be out of a anime movie, but I still dislike that they hold weapons in their robotic hands - I liked the build in weapon-idea so much more.

Kazaks: Solid.

Jeanny: She has something in her hair ... I like the LE one most, but its too expensive and the new one is good but has this alien-formed junk on her leg - this should be the LE ....I think, if I need one, I go with this new mobile one.

Varuna Stuff: Solid.

Icchan and Solar like this.
  12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

OOOH YES Moran proxy, fuckin a, great shout!

13. ronfinity

ronfinity Member

Couldn’t have said it better, love the new Aleph models, and will be starting OSS because of them. To each his own.

tyrannosaurus69, chaos11 and Hiereth like this.
  14. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

I think you misspelled "official sculpt"

TaHu likes this.
  15. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

When Jeanne #5 was put on the release schedule I was a bit skeptical. I mean I wasn’t sure they could get better than the LE Jeanne but everything I’ve seen from this sculpt is absolutely winning the race. I cannot wait to see the high res pictures tomorrow, and then actually get my grubby mitts on the mini next month!

It helps that I’ve been playing a fair amount of Jeanne2.0 lately, she’s a stellar solo gunner that just needs a spot of CoC to really shine. Going Frenzy is a bit rough sometimes.

Keyrott and ThananRollice like this.
  16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think he refers to how it is not a widely used profile, so he will be using it as something else...

Abrilete likes this.
  17. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

I'm a bit confused, is that a helmet or a hypertechnological hairband on Joan's head? A visor thingy? I'll wait for clear pictures to decide if I like it.

I like the pose of the Kazak HMG and the Dakini look good. The rest looks very solid.

The IA stuff... when can I preorder?

18. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Am I the only one who searched for Terminator 2 OST after looking at the HMG Dakini?

19. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Wow. This was the most neckbeardy thing I read in a long time!

20. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

"DROP. YOUR WEAPONS, YOU. ARE. UNDER. ARREST."
    "Why do they keep saying that?"
    "This one with the throwing stars doesn't."
    "YOU CAN SLEEP! YOU CAN SLEEP! "
    *Automatically wins any CC against Hugh Jackman*

Grathak, DukeofEarl and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation