1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infiltration Grunts List Advice

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by LankyOgreBP, Jul 22, 2018.

1. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

I don’t get as many opportunities to play as I’d like, so sometimes I just make lists instead. I just picked up some grunts, but I’d like some advice about things.

[​IMG] Ariadna - Grunts In Your Face (299/300 | 6/6)

Group #1 | 9 Models | [​IMG] 9 [​IMG] 0 [​IMG] 1

[​IMG] USAriadna Grunt Inferior Infiltration | Inferior Infiltration, Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun, Pistol / Knife (11)
    [​IMG] USAriadna Grunt Inferior Infiltration | Inferior Infiltration, Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun, Pistol / Knife (11)
    [​IMG] Foxtrot Observer | Forward Observer, Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (18)
    [​IMG] Scout Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Ojotnik, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (29)
    [​IMG] TankHunter AP HMG | AP HMG, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (35)
    [​IMG] Veteran Kazak AP HMG | AP HMG, Heavy Pistol / Knife (47)
    [​IMG] Kazak Spetsnaz Boarding Shotgun | CH: Mimetism, AD: Parachutist, Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Pistol / Knife, AP CCW (33)
    [​IMG] Maverick Boarding Shotgun | Boarding Shotgun, Pistol, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Knife (21)
    [​IMG] Chasseur Observer | Forward Observer, Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (20)

Group #2 | 4 Models | [​IMG] 3 [​IMG] 1 [​IMG] 1

[​IMG] Foxtrot Observer | Forward Observer, Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (18)
    [​IMG] Marauder Heavy Rocket Launcher | Multispectral Visor L1, Heavy Rocket Launcher, Assault Pistol / Knife (26)
    [​IMG] S.A.S. Assault Pistol | Chain Rifle, Grenades, Assault Pistol / AP CCW, Knife (22)
    [​IMG] Irmandinho Chain Rifle | Smoke Grenades, Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Pistol / AP CCW (8)

[​IMG] Open in MayaNet

2. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Why ever take a Scout before maxing the AVA of Chasseurs?

Why taking a TankHunter HMG instead of a 2nd Spetznaz?

Why take Veteran Kazak at all ?:)

Disko King likes this.
  3. Maloc

Maloc Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I would look at hard cases fro infiltration. better physical and cammo for same points and no SWC

4. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Grunt infiltrators are fine, but don't expect them to land, even with two of them. They're more a nice perk when they do, than something you should plan to even get one success with.

Balewolf likes this.
  5. LankyOgreBP

I feel like the scout is a little different role. The ojitnik has a really good range band for mid field and shock makes it a pretty good threat. I also like having a camo lt.
    The idea behind the tankhunter was serving a different role. I was hoping to use the high arm as an anchor for one flank.
    Vet Kazaks have been pretty solid for me. The NWI and ARM means they stick around and sixth sense stops some common problems they face.

11 points for a reg order and the infiltration is a bonus. In the actual game, one of them covered a flank and took care of a parachutist holoecho

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  6. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Yeah, that's really where they shine, if they don't make it, guard an edge.

7. Alkasyn

Well, the 1 ARM difference between the Tankhunter and the Spetznaz is negligible, and the benefits of Marksman far outweigh whatever the Tankhunter brings (AP HMG and D charges, I guess).

Vet Kazak is decent, but think if you wouldn't want a Blackjack, instead. Cheaper, more options for all the different rangebands and real 2 wounds mean there's an option to pick him up if he falls unconscious, unlike the Kazak.

8. LankyOgreBP

I like having the D-Charges just in case a classifieds calls for it, though in this case 2 AP HMGs was more than what was needed. I was slightly worried about high ARM in this battle.

On the other hand, the Vet Kazak is slightly faster (4-4), has mimitism, and a smaller profile, which means harder to hit and easier to get cover. Sixth Sense can be particularly nice if getting attack through no vis or flanked. And not hackable. You are paying an extra 11 points, but I feel its worth it.

9. Alkasyn

Sure, if it works for you, go for it, I'm just saying there are other options :)

10. JohnnyH5

JohnnyH5 Member

I would go for Vet Kazak Paramedic, more versatile that HMG in my opinion.....

11. Cypherkk

Cypherkk Member

I see what your problem is... Not enough Fire.

Feuer Frei!

[​IMG] USAriadna Ranger Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
    [​IMG] VAN ZANT (Executive Order) AP Rifle / Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 39)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] 112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] UNKNOWN RANGER (Chain of Command) Rifle / Heavy Pistol, T2 CCW, Knife. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER Lieutenant Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

I'm not allowed to play this in our group anymore... For the night is dark and full of terrors.

#11 Cypherkk, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  12. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

Not enought "firepower".
    [​IMG] Teldrassil Assault Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GRUPO 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Infiltración Inferior) Lanzallamas Pesado, Escopeta Lig. / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 11)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Infiltración Inferior) Lanzallamas Pesado, Escopeta Lig. / Pistola, Cuchillo. (0.5 | 11)
    [​IMG] MINUTEMAN Teniente Fusil, 2 Lanzallamas Lig. / Pistola, Arma CC. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] MINUTEMAN (Puntería N1, Visor X) Fusil AP, 2 Lanzallamas Lig. / Pistola, Arma CC. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] MINUTEMAN (Observ. de Artillería) Fusil, 2 Lanzallamas Lig. / Pistola, Arma CC. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] MINUTEMAN (Observ. de Artillería) Fusil, 2 Lanzallamas Lig. / Pistola, Arma CC. (0 | 23)

GRUPO 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8
    [​IMG] MARAUDER (Fireteam: Haris) Fusil, Lanzallamas Pesado / Pistola Pesada, Cuchillo. (1 | 22)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER Sanitario (MediKit) Fusil, Lanzallamas Pesado / Pistola Pesada, Cuchillo. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER Sanitario (MediKit) Fusil, Lanzallamas Pesado / Pistola Pesada, Cuchillo. (0 | 23)

6 CAP | 298 Puntos

Abrir en Infinity Army

This list was inspired by my warchief's order.
    Dj8UdxoW0AAMfal.jpg

13. LankyOgreBP

I’ve played a pair of games with bringing two infiltrating grunts. The first time, both rolls failed, but they still provided orders and the deployment on one actually ended up stopping some walk on AD. The second time, one succeeded and proceeded to pour fire on a fireteam before it activated, killing 4/5 of the team. I’ve been happy with them.
    Usually, if I drop the Vet Kazak in points, then I grab the x-visor instead. I’ve never had luck with paramedic rolls.

Oyentido likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation