1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ColdFront Box

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by geo67, Aug 7, 2018.

1. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm working on a list from the ColdFront Box for something new to play, and to get the hang of to help my son learn to play.

The list I came up with from ColdFront is this so far:

[​IMG] Ariadna
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] LINE KAZAK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] LINE KAZAK Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] LINE KAZAK AP HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] VETERAN KAZAK (X Visor) T2 Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 38)
    [​IMG] TANKHUNTER Lieutenant AP Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 25)
    [​IMG] RATNIK Heavy Rocket Launcher, Heavy Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, Trench-hammer, Knife. (2 | 44)
    [​IMG] STRELOK K-9 Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines + 1 K-9 Antipode / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE Trench-hammer, AP CC Weapon. (8)
    [​IMG] DEVIL DOG Heavy Shotgun, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP CCW. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)
    [​IMG] WALLACE Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 35)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] WARDRIVER Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
    [​IMG] SCOUT (Forward Observer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

If it's horrible, let me know, so i can change it up. These are the models we have for Ariadna. Thanks

2. JohnnyH5

JohnnyH5 Member

I'm no expert in this game, been away for a long time (gaming wise that is), but the way I learned and taught new players is that you start off with smaller games, maybe no points, three or four of the basic miniatures i.e. Line Kazaks to get the hang of the basic rules, shooting, moving etc... then after several quick games move to more miniatures with more rules etc... that way you don't overload your son with all the different rules etc.. and it will be fun for you and your son in the long run. I did this with my mates and we did a slow grow campaign along with a painting component of that campaign, worked out really well....

geo67 and Gargs454 like this.
  3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The coldfront box will actually come with a booklet which does exactly what @JohnnyH5 suggested, and by the time you work through that, the beyond box that will take both forces to 300 points will be a lot closer.

geo67 and Gargs454 like this.
  4. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I took them out for a spin last night in our local meta, Tuesday night games. I usually play JSA, and found the Ariadna a lot of fun to play. If I can get my son to play, I'll start us out at a small troop count.

I do think the box is pretty decent to begin a nice Ariadna build with.

I ran a proxy for Van Zandt, he came in off the back of the board, and killed Ajax. It was glorious.

5. JohnnyH5

JohnnyH5 Member

Yes, I also like Van the Man to parachute in and deal a bit of damage, but be careful, if you use him too much, two things will happen. He will become a crutch for you and second your opponents will find ways to neutralise him and you'll end up not using him at all. As the saying goes "Too much of a good thing....."

geo67 likes this.
  6. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

I see. So kinda like YoJimbo in a JSA list. He is in so many lists for his smoke, and he is the first to get targeted, and killed

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation