1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideals for new PanO tech

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by andre61, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Like "Multi-Sniperrifle (Upgrade: Firerounds)"?

andre61 and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Nasty nerf to Fidays and the like, also hacking is Nomads bag of tricks.

People already don't like the mechanic much but I dig it. Let it be added to anyone but its the Guarda that can bring it in place of his auxbot.

And just when I was starting to take out my Tohaa tag again. Also this is just more shooting. People are frustrated with shooting.

What about moving superjumping mines controlled by someone kind of like the Puppeteer?
    Or combat dropping beacons with a choice of effects like nullifier, sniffer, or even assisted combat jump but only in that zone?
    Or hell combine the two so you have this unit who is tucked away in a corner who can summon down a limited number of special beacons.

andre61 likes this.
  3. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

That kind of stuff doesn't really matter.

Rasail, Ectros, Gorgos, these are the Tohaa troops that are bothered by fire due to symbiont armor's weakness to it, so Tohaa is fine.

4. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I know that hacking is a Nomad thing, But I was thinking that PanO would have a Kick ass ID system on it's troops, PanO is supposed be the hyper power. Also there are some factions that get a special hacking program that is just for them, like Zoe gets stop.

5. Andre82

I disagree. I mean this why people are so disappointed in panO is it not? PanO lacks it's own flavor?

Your right! That is like 3x just the Tohaa tag!

I think that means different things to different people... I mean you still have to make a balanced game with good incentives to play the other factions. So here "hyperpower" needs to be pretty limited in what that means. I would probably say a good selection of Tag's captures that flavor all by itself... but to each there own.

Still I think new toys that don't directly nerf other factions is probably more the right way to go.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. andre61

They say PanO is the faction that is good at shooting, that's PanO flavor. I guess, (IMO) PanO should have some things that other factions should not get a lot of, like nanotech, PanO should be the nanotech faction as will. Yes, PanO have some of the best TAG's in the game but I fell there should be more. If you want to talk nerf, take a look at Tohaa and it's mates, some people hate them I love them but most would say they are nerf and lets look at the Avatar, here is a TAG that can't be possessed and its the only one like that in the game.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

That ship has sailed, everyone and their mom has a Nanopulser in Aleph, big bunch in ISS. Aleph and CA are the high tech faction, not Pano. Even Nomads have lot better tech than Pano. We are just the shooty faction, nothing else.

Possession immunity is one thing, DTW with DAM17 that one hits anything with a cube and nearly the best shooting ability in the game (BS15 + ODD + MULTI HMG) is the other. + Nearly the bestest stats all around, and it doesn't even costs half your list!

Nobody loves the Gorgos, maybe that's why she's angry.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. Andre82

I would say PanO has a bit more going for it then that. Hell all three of your sectorials are pretty different flavor wise imo.

I think PanO has that but replace the word nanotech with TAG's. Are nanopulsers that much more interesting and cool then TAG's?
    Why did you start playing PanO? Was it Operation Icestorm? Did the way the units looked to you stand out?
    What annoys you about it now? You said all your lists look the same? So you feel PanO has been solved? Maybe there are to many troops that just don't see play? Maybe you see new mechanics like Fullauto and just think that is cooler then the boring old Swiss Guard?

It's an option I guess but I don't really fallow.

Yah it is a good Tag. Sometimes Black gets cool monsters even though Green is the creature faction.

SKOZZOKONZ and Golem2God like this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, ASA is great because it hardly resemble PanO, NCA is good because (of limited) Fusilier + Swiss Guard, and MO sucks bar the Hospitaller link or this one of a time when you field Joan+Friends.

You are right, sectorials are pretty different xD

10. Andre82

I am not really sure what you are saying? Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?
    Shock army is pretty interesting to me but it is the one I know the least about. NCA is well balanced for offense and defense. great for beginners and Vets except everyone and there brother plays it. MO sucks except for when it rocks.

Wait.... I wonder if PanO feels bland because everyone also plays it and therefore it lacks individual expression?
    I mean you are not going to empress anybody with your army list, they have probably played a pretty similar list themselves.

11. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

I'm the only PanO player I know and have never played a game against them.

still pretty bland

12. andre61

these are great questions, Yes! PanO has a lot going for it but I see other factions getting things that I think PanO should get before other factions get them, for example. the NCO rule should have been a PanO rule before Aleph got it and so on. PanO should live up to it's fluff, It is in some ways, like having some of the best TAG's and some of the PanO Hi's are top notch, I just feel PanO needs a little more tech. PanO is not a bad faction at all.

For about four long years I wanted to play PanO but there was other people in my infinity group that wanted to play them, and to keep from stepping on the feet of my infinity group members. I put off playing them, even though I was told to go a head, it didn't feel right to me, and now I'm finally here. what got me into PanO? 1) the Swiss guard is a bad ass, how can you pass up the Swiss guard 2) MAN! then there is the Aquila guard and his MSV 3, you talk about camo killing, 3) then there is the TAG's, best in the game. I guess the Avatar is a little better. 4) And then there is the PanO blue, I love that color.

(IMO) I think a lot of PanO players feel like there favorite faction is being left behind, and feel like that is not fair to the oldest faction and the most powerful faction in the infinity world, I could be wrong and sorry if I aim, they can tell you better then I can.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. andre61

It's just me in my group, the other PanO player in my group, don't show up that often, So! we don't count him as a PanO player.

14. Kran

Kran Member

Here are two ideas :

1. ADS (Advanced Dropping System)

• Gives the weapon “ADS Marker” to FO and Lieutenant (same as Flashpulse for range, but targetless).
      • The ADS is loaded with Automatic Equipment which can be dropped on the battlefield using the ADS Marker weapon: trooper must pass a successful hit with it, targeting somewhere on the table, then the ADS Equipment is deployed like AD: Combat Jump at this position, but no PH roll is required. Once deployed, all equipements can be targeted / destroyed.
      Loadouts (disposal 3, disposal 1 for Turrets):
      • Repeaters, Sniffers, Nullifiers, Minefield*, Turrets** (Dual SMG, TR, Foxhole state), Cloud Emitter (permanent effect of screen type grenades, can be Smoke, Eclipse, Nimbus, Nanocloud***, whatever … ).

(*) Minefield: 3 mines are randomly deployed on the template. Roll one dice per mine and place it on the template’s correspondent number.
      (**) Turrets: Based on the Sierra Dronbot attributes, deployed on Foxhole state and, of course, cannot move.
      (***) Nanocloud: When a trooper is activated (in active or reactive turn) into, or moves throught, the Nanocloud he takes an automatic dmg 13 nanotech hit.

2. HC (Hacking Countermeasures), for TAGs / most advanced REMs
    Based on Shadowrun IC programs, HC give the equivalent of Electric Pulse, but for hacking: an automatic success of 7 vs Hacking attempts with same effects ( IMM-2 for 2 turns if attacker fail ).​

Teslarod, Stiopa, Ixidro and 2 others like this.
  15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Wait if there was PanO exclusive hacking program "just like Spotlight without -3 penalty" ?

16. andre61

It's not an real hacking program, It's just an Ideal, But then again I'm not sure which ideal you are taking about.

17. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Please choose one:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/idea
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/ideal

We should use our HyperpowerHighTech to make hacking devices that work with our lousy WIP. There should be a Pano HD/AHD/KHD/EVO HD that gives it's user a +3, cumulative with any other possible bonus, because we need it.

#37 Zsolt, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  18. andre61

I agree

19. HeckMeiser

HeckMeiser Well-Known Member

KHD Auxbots for Auxilia.

A TAG with some kind of AD.

An Aquila with a nanoscreen instead of MSV.

20. andre61

I like the Aquila the way it is.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation