1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenCon news.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I don't have anything against real japaneses. On the contrary, I like lots of things of their culture and their way of life. They're supercool. I don't have anything against JSA player either... I was Just getting inside the character.

If someone felt ofended, my sincerest apologies. :sweat:

2. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

We were in desperate need of some juice.

The pointing one is a spitfire. options on the box are from left to right spitfire, grenade launcher, hacker ans sniper

An army vulnerable to isolation and especially E/M needs pretty good engineers. On every linkteam if posible, or with some kind of Toolkit to take down those states with ease without a heavy toll in a short order pool.

The evo seems a good pick up to invincible. 2 AD troopers, defensive programs (reboot, faery dust and kaleidoscope) and team pro to avoid the loose of tokens due to bad luck. My only problem with it is the lack of any defensive weapon. I hope they give the EVOs a heavy pistol just like the panguling in the CBL. It also have some advanced defensive protocols

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Do you mean the pointing one is the hacker because that's the one I was referring to. So I'm actually happy about this! :) If they come out with it separate I can add it to the ones I already have.

4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Wait what?

January is a long ways away, and there's still Interplanetario coming. GenCon/Interplanetario are tricky, because CB has to distribute the hype across two different events. I'd expect a lot more to come.

Similarly, Varuna's only a few months away, and received a similar amount of new dossier art.

So I don't think Invincible Army is necessarily that far off. In fact, I'd say things are very promising for an early 2019 release.

Also, please, let's keep the ethnic slurs out of here. Thanks to @Section9 for that.

Regarding the CG box... The LGL looks to be holding a Kuang Shi device in his offhand, and I see no underbarrel attachment on the guy with the funny helmet. This makes me think the LGL is also the Kuang Shi controller, and funny helmet is a Hacker.

ambisinister and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

imagine if the engineer one had a nisse like profile, mimetism, msv2, msr. Would probs but like 40pts thougg

6. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Agree. January is a long way away already, far too long for my tastes. Hopefully we get at least something out of November.

IA as late as Adepticon is pretty much "Done fucked up hard" territory.

Kallas and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's the January release, especially with Bostria saying they are gonna be showing things till the end of the year. Seems a pretty big release, which makes sense after the Uprising debacle.

8. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I think January is a good bet. Means they've given themselves plenty of hype time from November, which makes sense.

That said, they might bring out a tease release this side of christmas as part of that hype!

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

I don't really think it will be S5 either, but to be fair, Yan Huo looked like this on their dossier:

[​IMG]

10. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

So... Will Yan Huo be linkable, do we think? Ala Sogarats, Daiyokai and Azra'il? 2 big lads and a small one as artillery spotter?

11. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

I doubt we will see anything other than Duo due to the Burst 5 cap.

12. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Honestly, I can see a mixed Haris of Yan Huos being a thing. I don't think that the Burst 5 cap is any longer a good argument against it, since... Kriza Boracs are linkable. And they can reach a natural burst of 5. So I'd say don't give your hopes up on linkable Yan Huos. The dream of us being the third faction to be able to field Burst 3 MLs in ARO still breathes ( Druze Bayram and Ikari can achieve Burst 3 MLs through their Missile REMs, I believe. ).

Also, yeah, I'm placing my bets on a Jannuary, or at the latest, early February release for IA. CB can try realesing some resculpts along the way to ease the wait ( We're already getting the CG box, maybe we'll get a new Zuyong and/or Shang Ji box too. ).

13. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Full Auto is not compatible with other Burst mods. Burst 5 is the max Kriza can reach...

mittenninja and Mahtamori like this.
  14. Maksimas

Well, it was the max it could reach anyways. Since Burst 6 isn't a thing rules wise, if I remember correctly.
    Also, didn't know it wasn't compatible. Honestly, didn't bother to check either way, since before the Kriza was the only unit in the game with any level of Full Auto and didn't have any others Burst mods on it.

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There's a few of those hidden no-go interactions. Long range or SWC weapons on Sensor is another.

16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

It is. Technically you can get HMG into a link (Burst 5) and then loot another HMG from Panoply (for Burst 6).

Technically possible, but extremely unlikely.

17. Maksimas

Wait... but isn't there like... a rule that puts a hard cap on the limit of Burst a unit can have?

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I'm wondering if IA is going to have a fireteam featuring the Guijia.
    Seems like an interesting way to make the faction a bit more unique, and hopefully leads to some profile tweaks to Guijia as well.

Likely not the most optimal thing, but just imagining a core fireteam with Guijia, Deflector Zuyong, possibly engineer Haidao and then what ever else you need.

Reminds me of armoured units pushing up with infantry behind them

[​IMG]

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The wiki is down atm, but I'm sure I remember (thanks autocorrect for fixing that to dementia) that twin weapon also has a line about burst bonus not stacking, as do fireteam bonus.

20. Maksimas

A TAG link wouldn't be too unique, but...

Would be cool if you could make a Haris with a Guija and some REMs.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation