1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix Pano

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Zsolt, Jul 21, 2018.

1. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Hey man, no one's making you read this thread.

That said, I like the idea of a corporate bike courier even if it's kinda dopey; you could give her a mine dispenser and short circuit the whole drop bears argument going on above. :-)

theradrussian likes this.
  2. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

PanOceania should get a "Remote Assistant L2," where the trooper passes out Tinbots to heavies like a Kaeltar does with Symbios.

Deltervees, yojamesbo and xammy like this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/51535-so-about-drop-bears/?do=findComment&comment=982123

Oh wait I've found something. Check linked post and few of the following posts.

Oh heck it was even me writing about "Heavy Drop Bear Launcher" on Squalo:

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/51535-so-about-drop-bears/?do=findComment&comment=980307

Can I feel flattered now ?

4. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

No, Eciu, that would be overpowered.

The "that would be overpowered" crew has been wrong about basically everything for years now.

5. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

De nada.

6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm perfectly fine with people who like boring things. To each his own. They tend to stay away from tabletop games, though, so our needs don't really clash. I'm not trying to make watching how paint gets dry more exciting, and in return I don't want them to make the games I like to play more boring ;)

Also, it seems the discussion moved to "sarcasm and bitter remarks" stage. Let's get it back on track. Arguments about throwing balance out of the window for the sake of pleasing us is a classic hyperbole. No one wants PanO to get more powerful. We want its gamestyle shifted sideways a bit, so that we don't have to constantly default to "move+shoot" tactics, but have some real choices and different tools. Other factions are getting more and more rounded, why can't we? That's all.

And another thing I'd love to see: a PanO themed NA2, like Magna Obra or something. Right now Nomads and Haqq (and JSA) can easily expand into one mercenary outfit or another. We have no such option. Unless "I have the drones, so can start DBS" counts.

7. HeckMeiser

HeckMeiser Well-Known Member

An outfit of Hexa operatives and their deniable assets would be cool as heck.

8. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Honestly, Magna Obra isn't a "mercenary" group but an industrial group...that hires the hell out of the Druze Society on Dawn.

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Are they the same that hire Ikari on Humanities Edge or it is another PanO corporation?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

It's really easy to make merc (or corp) themed PanO armies. I run NCA as a corporate security team.

I could totally see something like that becoming an NAA

Pen-dragon and Stiopa like this.
  11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

That was Minescorp.

12. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Does anyone else think the the hexa could use a weapon profile adjustment? Of all the units to have banned weapon you would suspect the hexa to be one of the main perpetrators of illegal weapons usage being war criminals and all, but they don’t have a single one. Like I would expect far more capture weaponry like e/m or adhesive for interrogation or shock for outright elimination but all they have is the electric pulse. Not even a knife. I mean wtf.

#332 Judge Dredd, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF, Zsolt and TaHu like this.
  13. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

How do you do that?

It would cool to see weapon profile, on the Hexa.

14. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Speaking of hyperbole...
    Anyway some of us don't find PanO boring. We like good old trusty rock. Can PanO be simplistic? well sort of, but that is pretty good for new players as well so I still dig it. However PanO has some good depth or that guide about how to play PanO tags probably would not be needed.

Is that true? One or two constant voices have argued PanO is not a high tier faction here in this thread. That is kind of important to the discussion but I am willing to except that the majority feel panO is not in need of a power boost and honestly just want a different gamestyle.
    I honestly do wonder why you don't just play a different faction if you are looking for a new style. Is it some sort of faction loyalty? Do you just not like PanO but no one is willing to trade? I mean it is not like the other factions are really all that different.

But still lets define our terms. What is "gamestyle" to you?
    Is being able to dig in defensively and control the board with ARO's a playstyle?
    Is throwing smoke and then shooting an enemy through the smoke thanks to MSV2 a different style from using a TO camo unit to do it?

Maybe it's not style or weaknesses filled that you are looking for.... how long has it been sense you got your last oddball unit like Dart?
    Maybe you are just feeling left out seeing Nomads get cool new looking Tags and a great exiting HI gun platform and the last thing pano got that it could really get exited about was??? I highly doubt it was the locust even if it is a mostly nice to have unit.

If they presented a named light Tag like Scarface but with two heavy shotguns and a Operator/ejection lv2 and the explode skill how would that make you feel?

Pen-dragon and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. kanluwen

WE didn't get Dart. She's spillover from ALEPH.

AdmiralJCJF and Zsolt like this.
  16. A Mão Esquerda

Andre82 likes this.
  17. kanluwen

Is she in PanO proper?
    No. She's in SAA, with an ALEPH insignia and in the ALEPH faction.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  18. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

1/3rd of WE get Dart! Phew! I'm glad we cleared up the confusion. I nearly took her in vanilla... that would of been embarrassing.

19. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

hmm...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. A Mão Esquerda

Did I miss where SAA isn’t part of PanO? Did I misread where she was designed for OperationS and SAA? How does her other homes make her any less of a garota of Acontecimento?

Nemo No Name likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation