1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merry Christmas LGS!! December 2017 Challenge.

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by taylor, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Black opaque silhouettes in the miniature room, and slightly away from the window, could give an interesting result if the game room is well lighted. If not, add LED tea lights too. It all depends on ambient light and the opacity of the frosted plastic, just find the right "setting".

2. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

You can get cheap keychain LED lights for a few cents if you buy them in bulk off of ebay or alibaba.

3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mob of Blondes and taylor like this.
  4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

For the windows, Red Harvest uses CD cases with some covering on the inside, or you can go and craft some blinds by using some PVA-soaked bandages with the plastic "glass". I would reinforce that wall with some cardstock before that, however.

taylor and jherazob like this.
  5. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Not a bad idea. The walls are already doubled up, and the walls with the windows on them have a thick plasticard film over them as well. :grin:

I really like the idea of blinds.

xagroth likes this.
  6. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

Extra hands are always a good idea and helps the others take pride and keeping up the maintaining of the buildings.

taylor likes this.
  7. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This isn't really an update, but I wanted to show it off. Typically when I say "papercraft", I get a lot of comments in regards to durability. Most people think it won't last 10 minutes or even the length of a game.

This is a piece of papercraft terrain I made two and a half years ago for the local game store. We play for 6 hours once every two weeks, and at the end of the night, it is stored in a bin. This is how well it's held up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think that's pretty good for $1 and an hour of work. I'm just saying that outrightly discounting papercraft because you personally feel its durability is in question doesn't necessarily reflect the reality of using it.

chromedog, xagroth and jherazob like this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Lately I'm "reinforcing" my papercraft, instead of using just the paper (110gr one, with a laser printer in a business) I'm "recycling" cardboard. While I don't go the lengths Red Harvest does (you can see it in the Dakka Dakka forum), it's more than enough for regular use, and the HP Instant Ink program lets me spend tons of ink without the guilty feeling of spending too much color Unicorn Blood :p

jherazob and taylor like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation