1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message to the Tohaa: We are not so different you and I

Discussion in 'IC' started by Cabaray, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Imladrik

Imladrik Member

Ariadna didn't attack PanOceania (note that we would have ample reason to do it, their imperialist actions on Dawn against the ariadnan nation is well documented), it conducted an investigation on reports of sepsitorized panoceanian soldiers under an O12 mandate. Events that PanOceanian propagandist presented as rape, pillage and murder.

And your position is quite hypocritical :
    It appears Haqqislam reason for their good diplomacy is believing what they thought wrong yesterday and disbelieving what they believed yesterday.

Foxep likes this.
  2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Again there are facts you don't possess or are ignoring.
    I can't relate all said facts now, however consider this: Ariadna set up a quarantine to screen PanOceanian troops returning from the Raxxora for sepsistorisation, the Tohaa objected, then together they attacked the only nation entirely devoid of the cubes necessary for the sepsistor to take effect...

OOC: sepsistorisation is a word right?

Imladrik likes this.
  3. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

As I see history: Tohaa attacked Ariadna to avoid a heavy assault on Dawn-01 Aplekton. Thanks to this second front, ALEPH has been able to protect the Aplekton and secure its presence on Dawn.
    Maybe the Tohaa are aware that Humanity needs ALEPH'S protection on Dawn.

Luisjoey, Hiereth and melkiach like this.
  4. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Ariadnan forces at Applekton were merely responding to the Combined Army offensive that had held it for a not-insignificant amount of time.

Foxep and Imladrik like this.
  5. Imladrik

Imladrik Member

I thought ALEPH had no territorial interest on Dawn ? There is a reason we don't want ALEPH on Dawn, it is imperialist like PanOceania is, and want do destroy our way of life and our culture.

theGricks and Foxep like this.
  6. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

That's not a territorial interest,indeed. But we need to be everywhere in the Sphere in order to protect Humanity from the alien threat.
    And as CA put a foot on Dawn (remember the Merovingian sacrifice), we were at the vanguard against the real enemy.
    CA knows ALEPH is the shield of humanity, and subsequently attacked us as soon as they heard of the Aplekton.
    Facts, not propaganda.

melkiach likes this.
  7. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Some would probably say that the CA attacked the Nomads due to their interest in Alien AI sanctioned or otherwise, but perhaps that they attacked Aleph who rather than the shield of humanity is more the nanny of humanity, and that by keeping the peacekeeper distracted it allowed the nations of the sphere to try and tear each other down, as is their natural state.

8. Brother Smoke

And, seeing as the AI was struggling to fight back against the adversary, and needing no such "shield," we decided to kick them out ourselves. This is, as you so well put it, facts, not propaganda.

If you truly had no designs upon our territory you could have just left us to defend it after being uprooted by the alien filth

Either way, the past is past. The takeaway from this situation is that we are willing to work with the AI to benefit humanity, and we will fight any enemy that deigns itself above our planet's sovereignty

9. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

And you failed. And we didn't. Because it's our job.
    Consider our presence on Dawn like a free wi-fi connection.
    Wise words, eventually. Sorry that your high command lacked such considerations during this campaign.

Luisjoey likes this.
  10. Jandrus

Jandrus We're naught but humble pirates!

We use right hand for diplomacy. Left hand is busy.
    [​IMG]

Foxep likes this.
  11. Brother Smoke

For the last time, we are not interested in changing our internet service provider

Someone call Nomad tech support, there has to be a way to stop these telemarketers

12. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

ooc: @cazboab I think its sepsitorization? Maybe?

Not hypocritical, merely evolving. There was no discussion of sepsitorised Pano troops except from the perspective of Ariadna. To Haqqislam we saw an abuse of power from Ariadna and an unnecessary attack on Panoceania during the attack of an alien power which weakened the defense of the Human Sphere. Panoceania proved themselves to be an honorable group by the end of Wotan. Our view of the Jolly Blue Giant improved a great deal, and their conduct here by remaining to their own base except when provoked to help defend JSA was very good.

We were actually suprised by their behavior here to be honest. It seems for the most part they just..."Netflix and chilled" in their own base.

I do want to say though that our concern of Aleph's creation of military installations on Dawn is of concern.

melkiach likes this.
  13. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Welll it seems actual main plot point of the story is that Aleph used conflict as excuse to further infiltrate Ariadna, over which it had very limited control. Interest of Ariadna, Haqqislam and Nomads aligned here and sadly, we failed to prevent that.

As for PanO conduct and Ariadnan aggression: Ariadna was without doubt the aggressor here, but while point of view suggesting out actions were illegal here can have some basis there is other, quite big problem we likely failed to communicate during campaign. JSA could be independent nation, if it wasn't simply a foul play of hyperpower. We know PanO forces assisted the insurgents both military and politically, supporting Kuge move. We are all aware it is a big move by the boys in blue to weaken YuJing, and gain a minor power on their side.
    While we sympathized and looked to negotiate, we ended up attacked. But! I will admit, negotiations were short and undertaken with far too much pride and little will to compromise.

Of course, some could state we had no right being there in the first place, but if our zeal is the problem, I ask you to understand our concerns: Laws that defined ownership of land on our planet have changed overnight, with likely dire results for our economy. Our protests and concerns brought to O-12 were ignored and discarded, while price of Teseum was likely to heavily and badly fluctuate. I believe, Haqqislam of all factions understands sometimes dire measures must be take, to protect lifeblood of nations economy. I of course could wave my hands and say "YuJing invited us and asked for help dealing with Aliens, and ensuring accord of post Commercial Conflict treaties are upheld." to provide a legal excuse, but that would be simply another lie. Crisis was not matter of legality, but multilayered intigue, based on economical gains, with dire threat of Alien invasion and Aleph spreading it's influence further.

I do understand Haqqislam point of view, but I do hope you can see why while you see Panocenia as benevolent power, helping younger nation, we see a greedy corporation driven threat that wanted to swallow Ariadna as a whole, managing to play out a political coup on unthinkable scale, and bringing it's effect to our home. Thus we aligned with YuJing, as in the end they were in same position as us. ignored by united nations, and forced into military action when we were denied diplomatic recourse.

We are people who still experience true death. We do not want to die, regardless of how savage we may be depicted, but where there is a risk of such dangerous shift, and our pleas in O-12 went utterly unheard, due to PanO lobbying and Kuge bribery? We had to intervene.

All I hope is that in the long run, we may once more fight as allies one day. Personally I advised entrusting the attack on Aleph station to Haqqislam and Nomad forces, while we took on PanOcenia, clearly allied with the AI. I believe, once the dust settles and when we all heal our wounds, we will be able to reconcile instead of holding grudges.

OOC: I liked the write up of how crisis came to end and how real themes felt. Eruption of violence over mineral veins that did have a chance to damage multiple economies. While idea of having Dawn just for Ariadna is great call to rally behind, I believe best solution was to get NA2, PanO and Aleph of the planet. With Haqqislam, Nomads, YuJing and Ariadna getting together, giving Nomads the base, Haqqislam nessium mining rights and some of the Island to Ariadna, with YuJing, remaining official owner as per accords prior to Uprising.
    I think after all the poor treatment YuJing players enjoyed in lore during uprising, they deserved to be seen in some positive light, they were victim of massive political ploy after all. One that dangerously shifted balance of power towards PanO, but most importantly:
    I hope we can all be friends again when time comes to fight on other planets. Holding grudges makes situation very problematic in the long run.

#33 Beodren, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  14. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The shield or the Achilles Heel. If CA takes a live node can they backdoor into the whole system?

Time will tell, well done, I thought your job was filtering the fun stuff from safe search. In that order.

We came when the CA attacked, saw you had it covered and decided to go nick someone else's stuff for a change...

Brother Smoke likes this.
  15. Kazavon

Kazavon Uxia McNeill's #1 Fan

We came to aid in defending against the Combined threat and when the AI regained control of the situation we left it to them. How is this failure when both of our factions succeeded at the task at hand? We may be savages but even we understand the repercussions of the Combined Army taking an Aleph Aplekton on Dawn-- and the staggering loss of life, simulated or real, that might follow. The Combined may never be allowed to gain a foothold in our human sphere, no matter what.

Given the situation, I'm certain we're all sleeping easy because of that. If we misrepresented the reason for our presence and caused harm I'm sure there is a diplomatic solution to this misunderstanding.

Brother Smoke likes this.
  16. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

OOC: @Beodren I as well really look forward to what the story comes out of this as well, a lot happened for such a small period and I am absolutely giddy to get my hands on the fluff that is written.

Haqqislam was concerned about Aleph aggression towards the Nomads J-5, but that does not mean Haqqislam is an enemy of Aleph. Both Aleph and Arachne have their places in the Human Sphere and we utilize both in our needs. We were concerned about Combined and Nomad aggression but saw that Aleph was able to defend her own sites. What we do not understand is the necessity of an Aleph site on Novyy Cimeria. That is a battle for the halls of O-12 and the diplomats though.

melkiach and Foxep like this.
  17. Luisjoey

Luisjoey High Marshall of Wotan
    Warcor

Still remembering the tittle of this....

Tohaa and us arent different... so they took ariadna base to make em confortable, tohaa wont forget your trassgression on Wotan as Panoceania engaged into a deep war with the aliens.

theGricks and melkiach like this.
  18. gnyf

gnyf Professionel Carouser & Malingerer

What was that sound? Oh a baseless blue boy!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation