1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a good 300pt list.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Bilok, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Bilok

Bilok New Member

What would be a good list with some of these units. I could pay around 45 more euros if I need something else for this list. I have:

Sun Tze 2.0 Marksman Leader with Multi Sniper Rifle
    3x Zhanshi
    1x Tiger Soldier Hacker (Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower)
    1x Hsien (HMG)
    1x Zuyong Invincible (Multi Rifle)
    1x Zuyong Invincible (HMG)

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Hrm. Well, you definitely need the Yu Jing Support Pack (Doc, Engineer, and helperbots).

In general, I think you have too many HMGs. I'd look at swapping the Zuyong HMG for a ML (you can proxy that)

This leaves you at about 291 points, so it's either a Shaolin, a Yaokong Chaiyi REM, or a Yaopu Panguling minesweeper REM. I think I'd go for the Shaolin.

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SUN TZE Lieutenant (Advanced Command) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 61)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] TIGER SOLDIER Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
    [​IMG] HSIEN HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG MULTI Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (2 | 36)
    [​IMG] Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Sadly, there's not quite enough spare points to grab a second Shaolin (you'd need to find one more point and run all the Zanshi as basic troops). Because smoke+MSV should be a standard thing.

Personally, I like running a Daofei and two Guilang.

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Given that Sun Tze 2.0 is the epitome of bad, if you're deadset on using him I'd recommend a Pheasant agent because you are super likely to get put in loss of lieutenant.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  4. Bilok

Bilok New Member

I m thinking of splitting the beyond red veil. I hve heard that daofei and guilang are really good. Could you make an optimal list with those thrown in but without support pack?

5. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Don't buy the support pack.

Buy the remotes pack first. While point to dollar they are more expensive, the remote box gives you Plenty of options as you can use them as any of the 4 standard bots.

Then Shaolin or kuang Shi will be important purchases later.

The daofei and guilang are also very good.

Don't be afraid to proxy the different profiles while starting out either!

6. Bilok

Bilok New Member

I would like to have a decent army but without spending a lot of money. Could I do anything good with only beyond red veil added to everything I have?

7. Bilok

Bilok New Member

I am only playing for fun and maybe playing in a few local tournaments but nothing really big.

8. Section9

If you can find someone to split the Beyond Red Veil pack, that's a pretty good buy. Daofei, Guilang Sniper, and a Zhanying. You can proxy the Zhanying as a Guilang minelayer.

My usual vanilla YJ list looks something like this:
    [​IMG] Yu Jing

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant (AutomediKit) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1 | 39)
    [​IMG] DÀOFĚI Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 59)
    [​IMG] GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] GŬILÁNG MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    [​IMG] Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I have also swapped the Ninja KHD for a Kanren KHD or an EVO hacker.

9. Bilok

Bilok New Member

I could get Daofei and Guilang split from the box but I couldnt get zhanshi. I could get those 2 for 12.5£ or I could get the YJ part of BRV for 18.5£ Not sure if I need Zhanying that much because I am looking to play only vanilla YJ

10. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Right so with what you've got right now you could build this;

[​IMG] Yu Jing

[​IMG]8
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] TIGER SOLDIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] KNAUF MULTI Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)

4.5 SWC | 223 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Now unfortunately Sun tze marksman was just designed in an older era and his profile is begging for some of the new skills they now give to marksman (like marksmanship). That said, if you like the figure, I think Knauf's profile actually suits him really nicely. You do miss out on advanced command and strategos, but the marksmanship sun tze just has too many internal conflicts to be a fun, effective piece. You could use the model for just about any sniper profile in yu jing though, its a nice model :)

So if you were to pick up the daofei and guilang I'd make the following changes. Drop the tiger (drop troops are order hungry, and you have plenty of order hogs as is). You would need to buy the robot pack (get either, I use the pangguling on 40mm bases as my chaiyi and weibing quite nicely) and the shaolin monks.

Shaolin are great addition as they add smoke for your hsien, smoke to for tactical movement and some CC ability as well as chain rifle Deployment defense. Chaiyi are excellent for orders and can provide another flash pulse aro in the late game.

[​IMG] Yu Jing

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] KNAUF MULTI Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] DÀOFĚI Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 59)
    [​IMG] GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2

5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Alternatively, rather than the bots you can bick up kuangshi and proxy the zhanying as a celestial guard with control device. For 33 0.5 SWC gives you 5 regular orders. So you can really cram in all those heavy infantry.

11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Sun Tze has both Marksmanship and MSV1 just like Knauf, he's still trash though.

It stems from the fact that if you put a multi sniper up on ARO, your opponent will often tend to shoot at it to get it to go away. If you make that sniper your LT as well, it just doubles down on his incentive to kill that model. Congrats, you're now in loss of lieutenant plus your opponent has removed Strategos from your army so you're down 2 regular orders each turn.

Sun Tze's problems are purely on CB not recognising this and giving him the defensive stats to back up his need to be exposed. If you basically made him the HI version with a sniper rifle he'd be much more likely to see the table.

12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I could forgive all those weaknesses, if they didn't decide to remove his mimitism. To me, that's the nail in the coffin.

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It would be nifty if they repackaged the V2 model with some of the new leadership skills instead of making it a bad sniper version of the HI.

Lieutenant L2 (whatever that is) and Counter-Intelligence at the same time as reviewing his gear for the third time.

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The work-around for Sun-Tze sniper is to use Le Muet with the same figure!

15. Section9

The Zhanying gets to be a combirifle Guilang under the proxy rules.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation