1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunger Games

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by geo67, Jul 12, 2018.

1. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Ok, so next week our group is having a Hunger Games.

Here are the rules:
    When building Army Lists, each player has 75 points and 1.5 SWC to spend with the following limitations:
    -A maximum of three models may be chosen (g:sync count as separate models for this purpose)
    -No Lieutenant is required. You may take 1 unit with the Lieutenant special rule, but they will not gain a Lieutenant order, nor will your force go into Loss of Lieutenant status if it is killed.
    -G:Servant units are not permitted.
    -A hacker is not necessary to field remotes.
    -Models cannot form any type of link team.

I have the SP 300pt box, and Diomedes, and Machaon on the way. I have never played Aleph before, but I really want to play Ajax and whomever else can fit with him. i was thinking:

[​IMG] Hunger Games
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] AJAX 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] AGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)

1.5 SWC | 69 Points

Open in Infinity Army

or
    [​IMG] Hunger Games

[​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 31)

1 SWC | 70 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The last list, having the sniper put down a filthy ARO as the big man walks up lanes to kill stuff (If Aleph is a bad army for this, I'll play my JSA).

#1 geo67, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

I play a ton of introductory small points/limited number of model games and find the Order count is absolutely critical. I think you’ll fare better with three cheaper models than two that are more expensive. Netrods FTW?

Great idea for a competition, without a doubt! :smile:

3. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Most of the meta here are some pretty good players, so if I could knock someone out...AW YEAH!

I'll rework the list.

4. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

The most guys you can take are 3 tho, so 3 max orders.

5. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Hunger Games

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] AGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] NETROD Electric Pulse. (0 | 4)

1.5 SWC | 73 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

[​IMG] ALEPH

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

1.5 SWC | 74 Points

Open in Infinity Army

For no netrod involved, since netrods are unreliables, especially with such a low order count. Alternatively you can take 2 dakinis rather than 2 thorakitai, less BS and armor but faster and mimetism. Movement is good since you have few orders. You can proxy the 2 thorakitai with Phoenix and a myrmidon.

geo67 likes this.
  7. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

I normally play JSA, and am chomping at the bit to try out the Aleph. Last team standing wins it all, not sure what "All" is, but I want to knock out some folks,

8. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

If you each pool 50c for a trivial wager, you can all go out for a drink together afterwards and the victor can buy theirs on their winnings :smile:

geo67 likes this.
  9. Jonno

Jonno Well-Known Member

I once ran Ajax and two chain rifle Myrmidons to great effect. I like Impetuous Orders in Hunger Games, (Myrms get it after their first kill, which is a nice reward), and getting right into the action. MSV is less likely to be around so ODD and Smoke Grenades should get you close, and CC is where the fun is anyway. We had our Panopoly inside a building in the middle, so Ajax smashed his way through the wall to get at it with his EXP CCW.

I would avoid only 2 orders, 3 is so much more!

geo67 likes this.
  10. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

thank you. I am in the process of reworking my list for the game tomorrow night. Very exciting for sure.

11. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

So, I played the Hunger Games match. I will say, it is a blast. There were six of us in the first game, and eight in the second. It was making secret pacts, and all out mayhem.

I went with this list:
    [​IMG] Hungerr Games

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] KNAUF MULTI Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] NETROD . (0 | 4)

1.5 SWC | 75 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Now I know there were better list choices. It was my first game ever playing Aleph, and it was pretty glorious.

My theory behind the list was Knauf up high, clearing lanes for Ajax, the Netrod providing that extra order. You got one extra order on your turn, as well as your orders your troops generated.

First match, Knauf, hiding in a building basically destroyed an entire unit of Nomads(we had a secret pact, but I couldn't resist destroying them because of the poor positioning). It was short lived glory, a fellow Aleph Brother running Ajax, Netrod, and McMurder(you could take soldiers of fortune at the cost of .5 SWC), killed Knauf. Of course after I had rolled so well on the Nomads, my great rolls disappeared against McMurder. McMurder also killed Ajax, and again, my rolls sucked so bad.

Second match the guy setting up next to me had Achilles Light, and I listened to the Nomad player to my right about how we should team up and kill Achilles. Well, that worked out terrible. I missed smoke with Ajax, and again rolled like Hell against Achilles. Probably what I get for trying to team up with a Nomad over my Aleph brother. Meanwhile the Nomad player hid until the end of the game, and killed a wounded Achilles, (he didn't do any of the prior wounding, he left that to other players that Achilled made pay).

All in all, it a great way to play a bunch of folks, run a really small team, very quickly. FIrst game maybe lasted an hour. Second a bit longer.

Jonno, Solodice and jherazob like this.
  12. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Hey Geo. I was the guy playing Achilles.

For those wondering Achilles cleaned out around 146 points of models (2 teams worth). A pesky Spektr took off his first wound and then me being dumb had my back turned to the same one later on... cost him his second wound (Spektr became goo thanks to his nanopulsar). Hollowman then cleaned up taking Achilles down.

geo67 likes this.
  13. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Hey man!

At first I thought you were crazy for taking one model, I mean ONE model! ONE MODEL?

Trevor was whispering in my ear how Ajax was THE ONLY model on the board that could take him down, and could go toe to toe with The Man. I realized too late he just wanted me to soften Achilles up. Then my two guys were dead from that model, and he went on to carve his way thru the board.

14. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Ajax actually has a good chance if he gets into melee. With his berserk and nat-born warrior they'll bash each other in the noggin' until one is dead, and Ajax hits a bit harder. Only if they get into melee though. The golden boy is just straight up superior in a firefight.

geo67 likes this.
  15. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 20/20, but why didn't You, Me and Andrew tam up, and wipe the board with our teams? Then we could have just gone toe to toe for the belt.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation