1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Biotechvore with Vanilla Nomads?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Skaldur, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Skaldur

Skaldur Active Member

Hail mighty Bromads

There is a tournament coming up I might be going to that has one of the mission's as Biotechvore.

I've never played the scenario before and it seems like it requires a very different list than what I normally play with [Usually my lists are better at defence with 15-16 orders, a big repeater/ krazy koala network, lots of infiltrators to do the objectives, several warbands for smoke/ general killing, one or two attack pieces (usually a Kriza HMG or a Tsyklon, sometimes a Hellcat) and a defensive piece like an Intruder Sniper or a TR bot]. In a typical game the attack pieces and the infiltrators are the only units that will venture into the opponents table half.

Obviously, this won't do for Biotechvore.

Without having played it before, the mission seems to call for:
    -order efficiency
    -fast units
    -close to medium range guns over long range shooting
    -impetuous units (warbands in general seem to love this mission)
    -AD troops
    -infiltrating could still be effective (but seems pretty risky)

It seems as if this mission might actually be something Corregidor does better than Vanilla, so I'm considering taking them (or Caledonians who will love any mission where the enemy has to come closer to them)

What are your thoughts on how to make a good vanilla Nomad list for Biotechvore?

2. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Personal opinion -> You don't biotechvore with vanilla.

You simply don't have the order efficiency to get your guys out of the biotech zone.

3. timmy

timmy Active Member

I think your hunch to go Corregidor or Caledonians is probably best but if you're a bad enough dude you'll consider this list.

[​IMG] Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] ZONDNAUT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDMATE Chain Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (5)
    [​IMG] ZONDNAUT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDMATE Chain Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (5)
    [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Lieutenant Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / PistolKnife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Reaction Zonds and tag provide AROs and maneuverable attack pieces. Taskmaster LT. can probably chill out if you need him to. Krakots are regular impetuous and so are the Zondnauts. Puppetmaster should deter your opponent from limiting command tokens. It sure is dumb but it just might work.

loricus and Skaldur like this.
  4. Skaldur

Skaldur Active Member

@timmy
    That's actually glorious. Not sure how effective it would be but will have to at least test.

I took the general idea and modified it slightly for more internal synergy
    [​IMG] BiotechROAR──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]4[​IMG]
    ZONDNAUT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32) [​IMG]
    [​IMG] ZONDMATE Chain Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (5)[​IMG]
    PUPPET MASTERS Hacker (Hacking Device) Submachine Gun / PistolKnife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Lieutenant Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] ZONDCAT Electric Pulse. (4)
    [​IMG] KRIZA BORAC (360º Visor) Mk12, Submachine Gun / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 63)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Submachine Guns, Chest Mine / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 17)[​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE Red Fury, Chest Mine / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 24)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

While trying to do Biotechvore with Vanilla, the worst the enemy can do to you is letting you go first (specially if you won the Lt roll) and then banning you from using Coordinated Orders. Grabbing a pupetteer (without puppets) can help mitigate enemy strategic denial.

I would try, if using Vanilla, grab fast units (at least 6-something, or 15cm/something), which means the big TAGs (all are 6-4/15-10) and possibly hollow men. Avoid Medium Infantry, and risk infiltration with camo units (since they can get out of your zone with a move + move without eating a bullet... they will need 2 coordinated orders, however, since they have to cover 20cm/12 inches plus their base). Zondnauts are an option here.
    Other troops that are good are those that move themselves: the Krakot Renegades are both regular AND impetuous, so they can get out without help. The Morlocks can, too, and in fact will very likely move + smoke dodge (impetuous) and move + move (irregular), which can also cover your troops, but be careful the enemy does not have any MSV2-3 troop in that lane.

Finally, troops that can take the hit are another option, specially if they have high BTS to risk a roll. This means that the Szalamander is the TAG that offers better strategic options (but can suffer 2 wounds at once, so beware!), the interventors can take the risk, and the Kriza and the Taskmaster can try to endure the plague (both Riot Grrrrsl! and Brigadas are BTS 3, so no XD). If you want to risk it... spam Moderators, with BTS 3 and 9 pts cost, you can try and risk losing them at 50%.

loricus likes this.
  6. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

It can be hard in vanilla but you can definitely do it. I would run something like this:

[​IMG] Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / PistolKnife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] TASKMASTER Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
    [​IMG] ZOE & PI-WELL . (0 | 47)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] ZONDNAUT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32)
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    4.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Zondmate is great for this mission, you just want to be packing all the 6-4 movers you can reasonably pack. I'm a very bird in the hand person so while I think risking infiltration is a viable strategy, I probably wouldn't do it.

loricus likes this.
  7. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Infiltration is definitely worth it. If you succeed you gain an extra order to use in getting others out. If you fail you are no worse off than if you had brought another unit.
    Keep in mind that Superior is at straight PH if you go over the halfway point, but -3 if you stay back. Bran with a shotgun can really mess up their plans if placed right.
    I don't play vanilla Nomads, only Bakunin, but I do play vanilla Aleph and have no problems with Biotechvore. Bring some units that are purely sacrificial to get others forward. Remote Presence isn't a bad idea as they will stay on board for a quick revival next round (use helper bots, but get them safe ;) if needed (hint Salyuts for baggage, the TR combi is pretty solid in the short ranges you will end up fighting). Multi-wounds are great as well as you can tank the first round and focus on getting others out.

8. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

I actually was thinking about that exact comparison as I made that list. 6-4 line troops really helps Aleph out in that mission.

DukeofEarl and xagroth like this.
  9. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Funny, now that I think about it I haven't used the movement to my advantage often. I usually leave flashbots and such in the backfield for order generation instead of moving them up. I love Daikini though, but usually take more durable units just in case. NWI makes a huge difference

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation