1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G: Sync and Discover + BS Attack special maneuver.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Sletchman, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Sletchman

Sletchman New Member

How does this resolve?

Examples:
    1) Primary trooper succeeds Discover, but G:Sync model fails. Can both still shot or just the primary trooper that succeeded?
    2) G:Sync model succeeds Discover, but the primary trooper fails. Can both still shoot or just the G:Sync model that succeeded?

It seems super straightforward, but I can't find a rule in the wiki or book that covers this for something like Auxilias or Devas with Devabots. The reason I'm unsure is a matter of timing - I realise that either or two passing their Discover reveals the model, but with simultaneous resolution I'm not sure if it reveals the target model "in time" (for want of a better phrase) for the other model to still make their BS Attack.

I guess for the sake of being thorough, the same question should apply to Coordinated Orders and if all 4 models can shoot, or just those that succeeded at the Discover attempt?

I searched, but only found references to this from N2 on the old forum, so wasn't sure if they were still valid or not.

Oh - and rules page references would be much appreciated. I'm sure this will be a common thing that comes up with the Strelok and her cheap little buddy who can (potentially) discover for her very reliably. So being able to point guys in my meta the right way would be brilliant.

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

• The Controller and the G: Synchronized trooper must declare the same Order, declaring the same Short Skills of the Order. However, it is not compulsory that they have the same target.
    • If either trooper is not able to perform the Order (whether the Entire Order or both Short Skills of the Order), then that trooper will perform an Idle, while the other trooper will perform his complete Order normally.
    I think this fully cover the case.
    Both declares, one resolves while the other idle...

Edit: for coordinated orders every model is on his own, if they pass their Discover they can shot. Otherwise it was just a cat...

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's going to be the same as for Coordinated Order - the trooper has to pass their Discover Roll to be able to resolve their BS Attack against the marker.

inane.imp likes this.
  4. Sletchman

Sletchman New Member

Not really - there's nothing stopping an Auxilia and his Aux bot from both Discovering and both Shooting. There's no reason why either one would idle.

So if the Auxilia passes Discover but the Auxbot fails then he can make the BS attack but his Auxbot cannot? And vice-versa?

Just to be clear.

5. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

You know it's funny, I'm sure it shouldn't be played this way, however "Movement" skills can be said to resolve at declaration instead of the normal resolution step (since Move happens immediately at declaration). Discover being in the same category of "short movement skill" as Activate (for a basic door), or Move declaration.

That would really alter how things play out with Discover.

6. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Yes, that is what he is saying. You have to pass your own Discover check in order to be able to BS Attack in the same Order.

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Exactly.

xagroth likes this.
  8. Sletchman

Sletchman New Member

Excellent. Thanks. That was what my gut said, since I couldn't find any current edition supporting evidence to allow it to work any other way.

9. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

A lot of people understand activate to resolve at Resolution.

Movement resolving at Declaration is understood to be actual physical movement (IE it's basically the same as the Foxhole state forbidding movement).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation