1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Suggestions on Custom Multiplayer Scenario

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Tom McTrouble, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Our LGS is looking to run a larger multiplayer event in the near future and this is the first crack at an 8-player (4 per side) mission.

If you can offer comments, criticisms, or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Why give infiltration the bonus but not AD, and limit the gadgets to not give the AD bonus? Have you been finding combat drops too effective?

3. Tom McTrouble

So the idea is that because the mission table has to be large to accommodate the player base, one of the important things to do IMO is try an promote encounters on all sides of the board, otherwise armies just run at each other for the whole first turn and that's kinda boring. Making infiltration more effective was one way I tried to encourage going to the other side. While doing that, my logic was that if the same bonus applied to AD and Impersonation, it may be too easy to take 3-4 units, drop them in or near the DZ, and just cripple everything top of Turn 1. Oniwaban are not as spammable as Hellcats I guess. However, between the Combat Drones and a packed DZ, I think it wouldn't break the back to give AD the bonus too. It's a good suggestion.

4. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Finally had the chance to read up the scenario and I think it's too much. It seems like this game has too many objectives over a too large table for a very small force. I like the idea of the alternate activations, and how the two players interact, that's something I'll try to use for my own games in the future.

However, I think you should shorten the table size and do away with the security drones and the objectives related to them altogether. Also, the prisoner seems ridiculously OP for what he is, so you might consider toning him down too. Maybe change him for something like a VIP that must be captured and interrogated might be interesting.

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The advantage of a lot of objectives is that all the players won't be piling in to the same area.

6. Tom McTrouble

Interesting comments, it's designed to accommodate 8 players ideally or 600 pts per Force. What do you think would be the size needed for a mission on that scale?

One comment I got from another player is that logistically, an 8 foot wide table is going to be difficult to move minis around, so I'm probably going to have to narrow it down to 4 feet or come up with another solution.

The prisoner is supposed to be easy to interrogate but really difficult to kill. I wanted to make it an option to deny the other team points but I didn't want to make it easy. The problem with capturing is that usually that mechanically involves going to IMM-1 or 2, which makes him trivially easy to kill afterward.

I could reduce the number of security drones but I do still like the idea of having them around so that you have something to challenge your actions while the opponent is still way on the other side of the board.

loricus likes this.
  7. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

When I was reading I thought the scenario was meant to be for 4 players, that's why I thought the table was too big. For 8 players it makes more sense.

However, if you want the prisoner to be hard to kill it might be better to just give him something like total immunity+bioimunnity and NWI. The way he is right now he's stupidly powerful for what's basically a glorified HVT.

Also my apologies. I should have made it clear I actually like your idea and will probably try to adapt it for a 4 way game sometime soon. If I do it I'll give the results

loricus likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation