1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neon city project

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Usashi, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

That's a cool idea, didn't even dawn on me how much that looked like a fountain centerpiece even though I was thinking of other uses for the figures in that game (though I do like the boardgame so I'm not sure if I'll use anything).

2. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

Still thinking about if I'll cannibalise Rising sun (got misdelivered so still waiting). Those big stretch goal exclusives seem to be more ballast than refinement for a Boardgame so....
    Great job on your Hsien!

3. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

@Monkeysloth I plan to add earth magnets on the base so I'll be able to use it both as as gaming and terrain piece. I'm just not sure what to do with the dragon itself as I don't intend to paint any of the RS miniatures. Painting one dragon will be awkward and leaving it unpainted on a top of a painted terrain will look strange as well. Decisions, decisions...

@Melchior Personally I love those giant monsters. They totally dominate over provinces once summoned and have psychological effect on your opponents as well ;)

Melchior likes this.
  4. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Unless you wanted something really fancy spray it bronze or brass and then do a quick wash, you could do all the big summons in just a few minutes that way.

5. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

Received theBox today. I really like the Kami

Usashi likes this.
  6. Chillwind

Chillwind New Member

Truly inspirational stuff Usashi. It must be an absolute joy to play a game on a board with such meticulously made and painted scenery. I stand in awe!

Usashi likes this.
  7. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Thanks to the generosity of guys from Micro Art Studio and our warcor @KedzioR_vo I was able to lay my hands on a prototype futuristic Shinto shrine. I had some spare time and was able to finish it over the weekend and add it to my terrain collection. Enjoy ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oni, Section9, Edster and 8 others like this.
  8. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Prototype you say? Does that mean that MAS is jumping on the JSA-train as well? This year will be an expensive one it seems...

Usashi likes this.
  9. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Great stuff, @Usashi :) I knew you'll paint it faster than I'll undercoat mine :P :D

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Usashi likes this.
  10. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

I got mine prototypes for vertical billboards. I only applied primer so far and still have to airbrush those but I couldn't resist and used them all in today's battle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#30 Usashi, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Icchan, Kumatake81, Oni and 13 others like this.
  11. Jawasa

Jawasa Member

The hanging billboards are great. I'm guessing they are custom made. If it's by zen he need to get some of that custom stuff into production. ;)

Usashi likes this.
  12. lefrank

lefrank Well-Known Member

I just discovered your thread here, and honestly your table is one of the best I've ever seen. I'm totally blown away ...

Usashi likes this.
  13. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Your table rocks

Usashi likes this.
  14. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Cheers guys, I appreciate your comments :)

To be honest we'll be collaborating on this one but since it was my idea, as I dreamed about 3D banners for few years, I'm designing the whole thing by myself, Zen will just mass produce it. Since I kind of treat this as an opportunity to improve my skills and try new things (I'm learning blender atm to render few sci-fi objects) it might take a while before everything is done.

Still small teaser couldn't hurt. Enjoy ;)

[​IMG]

Deltervees, Oni, lefrank and 6 others like this.
  15. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

That's awesome! Love the new ads. Can't wait to see the stuff that will be mass produced.

16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about the statue damage!

You might try getting some low-expansion insulation foam-in-a-can and fill the inside of that statue with it after you put it back together. Should help reinforce the beast.

Balewolf and jherazob like this.
  17. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

All I can say is Wow!!! :joy:

Inspiring too!

18. BaronVonZorcula

BaronVonZorcula Ikari Warrior

I'm gonna wait to buy any ads until I see these completed. Looking great.

19. Nathelis

Nathelis happy Invincible Painter

Awesome work! Really awe inspiring how much work you put in the details of every building to get the mood across. I have a question regarding the battlemat, was this produced by zen terrain because I cannot find it on the internet anymore.

20. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

@BaronVonZorcula & @Balewolf I wouldn't expect anything till the end of the year. I'm still at the beginner's level so it will take time before I start rendering cyborgs and sci-fi armour parts ;)

@Section9 Thanks for your suggestion mate but the thing is I got the statue glued together so I'm not sure if I want to break it again just to reinforce it. I just need to fill the scratch around the neck and re sculpt bit of attachment at the top of Buddha's head. I just to have faith nothing like this will happen again.

@Nathelis That means a a lot coming form a person paying attention to incredible details on his minis and table :)
    The gaming mat was indeed produced by zen terrain but seems they had some problems with printing company so it's currently not available in the store. Sadly, I have no idea when it will be available again.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation