1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRRF List advice

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Madmac37, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Madmac37

Madmac37 Well-Known Member

So I have been playing vanilla Ariadna/Tartary lists for a while now and would like to branch out into MRRF.

I love the Loup-Garou fireteam so I am going to build around them.

So I have come up with the following list:

[​IMG] Rock and a hard place
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ANACONDA HMG + Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / CCW. (2 | 64)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] OPERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (- | 0)
    [​IMG] 112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] LOUP-GAROU Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] LOUP-GAROU Boarding Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] LOUP-GAROU Boarding Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MÉTRO Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My plan is to harass the middle field with the Chasseurs, get the Anaconda into cover on a good firelane and into suppression then move the fireteam up giving my opponent lots of things to worry about all at once.

Though I have been eyeing Equipe Mirage -5 but not sure how to use them correctly. So what do you think? (I don't play competitively just for fun)

2. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Bon jour, mon ami!
    The list as is looks more or less fine to me.
    Tiny little problem is you have two order sinks (the fireteam and the Anaconda) in G1 and lots of orders to spend in G2 and not many options to spend them on... A little shuffling around with the grouping is heavily recommended. A Briscard, a Zouave, a moblot, maybe Bruant. Someone to spend orders on. With a good (preferably high-burst) gun.
    The Anaconda is fairly expensive clocking in at 64/2. For a little bit more you can get a Briscards Haris fireteam. I am not saying the Anaconda is bad but there are... ahem... ways to get more bangs for your bucks. (In Limited Insertion the Anaconda is pure gold, but a 15-order list I firmly believe is suboptimal.)
    Regarding the awesomeness we keep calling Mirage-5 I strongly recommend trying. They are just awesome. Margot is a parachutist Moiblot. High BS, high ARM and her AP rifle is surprisingly effective. Just keep her hovering in her good (8'-16') range and she will win firefights by the truckload and murder opposing troopers like a finely tuned machine. She is a beating stick. Since she enters the board from the edge, she will harass the enemy from unexpected (and consequently badly-to-not covered) angles. Duroc is a scalpel. His two wounds and total immunity should not mislead you into thinking he is a durable trooper. He is not. Since he lacks reliable ways to win gunfights he will have to tank all incoming shots. And your opponent will have a very good reason to shoot him with whatever he has. Dual chainrifles and good CC abilities make him a fairly intimidating being. Fortunately he has smoke grenades and stealth (thanks to MA) and - Wait for it! - grenades. Throwing grenades with PH 16 is awesome! Keep him stalking and skulking and kill your opponents cautiously and he will pull well above his own weight! And keep in mind: he is your ONLY source of smoke! In a faction widely (and justly) considered a glass cannon army this is hard to overestimate. In case you have additional questions, do not hesitate to ask! But my general advise is simple: field Mirage-5 and play them and be amazed by them!

barakiel and Madmac37 like this.
  3. Madmac37

Madmac37 Well-Known Member

Merci beaucoup!

Your post got me thinking and digging through my unbuilt miniatures. And I found enough models to make the following list.

[​IMG] Mirage and friends
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] EQUIPE MIRAGE-5 . (2 | 69)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] MARGOT AP Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (37)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] DUROC 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (32)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT (Sapper) HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 31)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] MOBLOT Lieutenant Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] LOUP-GAROU (Fireteam: Haris) Viral Rifle, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I have no actual plan how to run this list, but its got some great models to paint and should be lots of fun to run.

Thank you again for the great advice.

Golem2God and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  4. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Je vous en prie!
    The list looks pretty good to me! Perhaps a little reshuffling would be useful, because you will want to use a huge amount of order to spend on Mirage-5! For example you can place the Dozer and the Traktor Mul in G1 and the Warcor and a Chasseur in G2.

Madmac37 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation