1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurage Crisis NA2

Discussion in 'General' started by Gera, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Gera

Gera Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Well commanders, the crisis is a week away and looks like we are our own faction this year. The first video was put out today about JSA, and they have their own location. It will be fun to see where things go with the rest of the Merc companies.

So who is going to be signing up NA2 for the campaign. Sound off

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

The JSA certainly seem to be their own faction, but I do wonder how Starco, Ikari and Druze will fit into the scheme of things. Perhaps, to reflect them being, well, mercenary companies, you could earn score for any chosen faction when playing as them? I mean, it's anyones guess at this point.

Savnock likes this.
  3. Gera

Gera Well-Known Member
    Warcor

yeah im really interested to see how they do things for them

4. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

I had the idea that Ikari would always work for JSA, Druze for YJ, StarCo for Nomads. No word about that in the videos, so I guess it will be something else. Hard to believe that you can't play the mercs after they just got released.

StarCo. being able to play against Nomads would be a bit weird. Same with Ikari vs. JSA.

barakiel likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Consider that, in previous editions, it was possible to play a Nomads Vs Nomads, or Aleph Vs Aleph. Even in the case of alliances, you could play "blue on blue" games.

6. prophet of doom

true, but it would have been weird to do so story wise and I don't know how that works out statistically for campaign purposes.

Well, the cat is out of the bag now. All NA2 work for JSA. Not a very exciting solution imho. I also think its a bit unfluffy.
    Ikari and Starco are supposed to be enemies.

7. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

"The mercenary armies can conquer the island in the name of the NA2 but for the interest of the JSA"

So they are puppets, really. Japan, which already spent ludicrous sums and indebted itself to the max to secede, somehow managed to con the mercenaries to fight exclusively for it.

How are they going to pay for all this? I mean, the obvious answer is "they will not", or that they will spend years and years whoring out their GDP, but how is this ponzi scheme of a nation still standing? You've got a debauched elite, massive external debt, a massive army and a whole lot of mercs to pay. That's 2 more problems than Best Korea and they barely function.

But yeah, shame really. Could have done something cool with them.

xagroth likes this.
  8. Maksimas

Yeah, the way they seem to handle the remainder of the NA2 forces kinda seems bland... but then again, should JSA lose overall... potential crippling debt plot for the JSA? Perhaps? Maybe? Sounds like an interesting direction at least.

9. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

They will become like mordern day south korea and japan, subsidized by Pano because they are another brick to wall in their rivals.

barakiel likes this.
  10. layd

layd New Member

It's a pity that NA2 now "JSA and their 2 sectorials"
    mercs - no need

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Plus it seems like you can't score points against the JSA without facing a JSA player... Which would mean the JSA only needs to NOT PLAY in their home base, and they win...

Not happy at all.

12. Maksimas

Isn't the ''You can't score points in this area without having an opponent of that areas faction'' universal though?

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It has not been said on any video I have watched. Which were YJ, the Aleph & co combo, Ariadna, and Nomads if I remember right.

14. Maksimas

I just assumed that's how it was going to be for all the factions...?

15. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Aldo and xagroth like this.
  16. prophet of doom

we will see. As for the mercs being puppets, well that is the nature of their game. They get paid to do someone's bidding.
    I agree that it is bland and I had dreamed up cool rules for the mercs in the campaign, but we have to understand that such a worldwide campaign needs a lot of database power and maintenance. It is imaginable that giving the mercs a special role would have been too complex for BoW to handle.

So we just have to imagine that JSA is getting deep into debt to pay off all those mercenaries. Hey wait, lets not forget, we are only talking about the defense of one base or about the conquest of one little islands. This is not the battle for Paradiso.

17. Gera

Gera Well-Known Member
    Warcor

While not what I wanted, It will be fine. It seems a lot of us wanted some more robust rules for the mercs. But there is always next year. And who knows maybe we'll get paid partially as we loot all this sweet gear and maybe resell it. Arm of TAG, only slightly damaged, 150 credits

18. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

It is a two phase event. It’s quite possible the rest of NA2 will be scoring for other factions in phase 2.

19. Sunabe

Sunabe Active Member

This gun is good as new. It's only been dropped once

20. Sunabe

Sunabe Active Member

Does that mean that we are likely to ally with nomad and haq. As StarCo is just an arm of the nomads and seize are basically a haq extension

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation