1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurage Crisis Prologue: Impersonal Impersonations

Discussion in 'FanFic' started by Razek2648, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Razek2648

Razek2648 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The interventor tapped away at a digital keyboard, her eyes zipped from one monitor to the next as she read Johny-5's CSU credentials. She wanted to know just who was in charge of the node's physical security team. With tensions spiking in the region, the node was more vulnerable than ever. Sure, she could handle the quantronic aspect of securing the site, but she never was much for combat. She became frustrated, every but of information she came across in the file was covered in black ink. Who was this man?! She needed to know, and not just her. The whole station was curious who the new security chief was. Rumor had it he was being transferred from Paradiso. Some hotshot from the Wotan Gate incident.

The hacker brushes some red hair from her face and went back to searching for more information. She grumbled as more time passed and was met with no success. She didn't want to have to put in this much effort, but she pulled her hacking visor down over her eyes. "Johny-5, you're really making me work for this, aren't you?" she said with a sigh.

[Mood Music]
    []​

Her commlink beeped, and a man's voice chimed in her ear, "Petra, I just got pinged. You activated your hacking device. What's up?"

"I'm hacking into Johny-5's database. I'm concerned about our new CSU transferring over." she said, easily making her way into the secure data stored she helped create the firewalls for.

"Er- About that, Petra-" the voice, but was cut off by the interventor.

"Not now, Salazar! I need to focus," she snapped.

"The station already knows who it is. We just... Thought it'd be best we didn't tell you." Salazar said awkwardly.

Petra stopped and lifted her hacking visor up from her eyes, "You knew? What made you think it was best not to tell me?!"

"Well...That's because we all remembered how much you hated the guy back at Wotan-"

"Wotan? You couldn't possibly mean-" Petra's face went pale, "Oh no..."

The door behind her hissed as it slid open. Light from the sterile white corridors poured into the room. A shadow cast over Petra. She slowly looked over her shoulder, hearing the sound of coffee being annoyingly sipped at high volumes. She turned in the chair, her eyes filled with horror as she saw the fat silhouette in the light. She took her earpiece out and set it on the desk, Salazar could still be heard, "Petra? You there? Helloooo~?"

The big man spoke first, "Petra? Is that you?"

"Oh god no..." she said, her voice low as shock set in.

"Damn, it's so dark in here," the man said and flipped on the light switch.

She shut her eyes as the light flooded into her pupil. Only to slowly open them and see the plump CSU before. He carried a coffee in one hand, and a half eaten donut in the other. His bushy mustache still had the pastry crumbs in it from his last bite. "Larry..." Petra said, both as a greeting, and as a realization that she just stepped into another nightmare.

"It's good to see you again. You're looking as ugly as ever." Larry said, sipping his StarDeer's coffee.

Petra mumbled, "Tha-" then caught herself.

That was odd. Larry usually saturated the room with comments of how good she looks. Now he was repulsed by her? Petra's emerald eyes darted over him. His white CSU shirt was recently pressed and pristine. His donut leaked icing filling rather than chocolate filling. His name tag was misspelled as 'Barry'. But he knew who she was, and recognized they were acquaintances. Something was very off.

"You're not Larry," Petra said cautiously.

Barry turned to face her completely. With the light in the room, Petra could see into his eyes. They were discolored and narrow like a reptile's. Before Barry could do anything, a loud BANG could be heard, and Barry's chest exploded violently. Green blood splattered everywhere as Barry let out an alien death shriek. Petra recoiled back as she was covered in the green blood. It took her moment to realize that it was indeed green. She opened her eyes to see Barry dead on the floor, with a hole in his chest big enough to fit a basketball through.

[Mood Music... Again...]
    []​

Standing over the corpse was another silhouette. As Petra slowly brought her eyes up the legs of the round man, she could hear that always annoying coffee slurp. Her eyes followed the multiple creases of his pants, to the smoking barrel of a nomad boarding shotgun held in one hand with a sling going over his shoulder, then over the coffee stained CSU shirt brandished with the name tag 'Larry'. A red coffee cup rested in his other hand. Petra's eyes rested on Larry's with a look first of horror, then amazement as the fat CSU just saved her ass from a speculo killer. "Green is certainly a beautiful color on you, Petra." Larry said before sipping his coffee.

Petra rolled her eyes. The first thing the real Larry says how great she looks covered in alien blood."Hello again, Larry..." Her voice was pained.

Larry kicked dead speculo, "It's about time I tracked this bastard down. Damn thing got away with my old dress shirt back on the Raxora. Been hunting him down ever since. There can be only one!"

Petra rested her face in her hand, fingers pinching at the bridge of her nose. "I couldn't possibly imagine what it'd be like with two of you in the Human Sphere..."

"I know right?" Larry said amidst a chuckle, "It'd be chaos."

Petra glanced over to him again, studying the shotgun in his hand. "Is that-"

"Your shotgun? Yup. Kept the thing maintained and cleaned since you dropped it on La Forja. Y'know... Right after the ninja hacker appeared and you... Fainted from my good looks." He clicked his tongue and raised his eye brows at her.

"That's not how it hap-" she was cut off by Larry placing the shotgun in her lap.

"But you can have it back," he said as he moved over to a gun rack, "I heard our commanding officer had a fancy for these babies."

Larry pulled a combi rifle from the rack and loaded a magazine into it. He grinned at Petra, she grew pale again. "Go Go Nomads, baby."

#1 Razek2648, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Robock, DaRedOne, Ben Kenobi and 4 others like this.
  2. Razek2648

Larry returns for more adventures in the Kurage Crisis! This time, he takes to the field as a CSU in my lists for the duration of the event. A metachemistry will be rolled at the beginning of the campaign, and he will keep that trait to the end! Prepared for more 'Diaries of a CSU' battle reports during this event, ladies and gentlemen!

#2 Razek2648, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Robock and Danger Rose like this.
  3. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I'll be looking forward to it!

4. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

Larry the CSU is back! Today can't get any better. I'm looking forward to reading some batreps.

Razek2648 likes this.
  5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Where can I find the old stories?

Deltervees likes this.
  6. Razek2648

Danger Rose and Ben Kenobi like this.
  7. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation