1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tunguska

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by mothman, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Bostria said it in the Kurage campaign Nomads video yesterday.

Keyrott and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

Emm. I dunno man, tsyklon spitfire is one of the best attack bots in the game. Climbing+ and assisted fire just makes him almost broken.

loricus likes this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The X-Visor and Climbing+ lets it catch guys off guard really well. Plus the two Visors in tandem plus Assisted fire make a hard to beat suppression fire.

4. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

I don't think they are anywhere close to broken but I do agree that being able to link them would be too much. Even with just a Haris, burst 5 cover ignoring spitfire or burst 3 cover ignoring feurbach would make me feel dirty.

xagroth and Keyrott like this.
  5. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

It always loses against the Prowler during list building. And if I count assisted fire and moving the Tsyklon to its destination as sunk cost in order to use it properly whilst the Prowler usually gets his target(s) during the first order spent on him (with a bigger stack of negative MODs for the opponent) it's even less appealing. Also the Prowler is not hackable.

Not that the Tsyk would be bad at all. No, it's rather one of the best remotes in the whole game but for me it is just not good enough compared to the troop I usually use. In Tunguska the Red Fury Heckler appears to be the Tsyklon's fleshy "counterpart". And depending of the Hollow Men's pricing and armament these could be hard competitors for the remotes as well.

helsbecter likes this.
  6. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

i love tsyklons. prowlers with spitfire are nice. but they dont have pitchers and repeaters.

xagroth and Solar like this.
  7. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

Tsyklons aren't broken, but they are an effective tool when used properly. The Lunokhod might be a better fit for a link. A linked Tsyklon Spitfire w/ Marksman would be able to shred pretty much anything short of a TAG it could get within 32 inches of. Even TO/ODD would be hit on 9s with 5 dice. At to 8-24 it would be ridiculous and with 6-4 movement & climbing plus it would be pretty much impossible to keep it out of that range.

loricus likes this.
  8. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Holoprojector is not unreasonable, just unlikely. I have heard the Hollowmen will have a linking option, so they would either need to have Holoprojector Lvl 3, or they would be spending points on equipment the often would not use, or possibly an unlinkable profile.

9. Billy

Billy Member

I'd love to see the Lunokhod linked I think there could be a great theme there with the close range Lunokhod supporting non-REM troops.

I wouldn't want to see the Tsyklon linked!!!! We would have to face that monster at some point as well as being able to play with it!!

loricus likes this.
  10. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

A linked lukonhod would be really interesting. Crazy koalas, shotguns, and flamers protecting links as they move up the board is pretty cool and I don't think the link bonuses break it the same way since the range bands on it' weapons are really different.

Much like @Tristan228 described with the tsyklon, that would make me finally take a lukonhod regularly. I still don't think either will be linkable though.

#1030 Tom McTrouble, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  11. Billy

Billy Member

I don't think we will see either linked, but the theme is certainly there for the Lunokhod, and like you say bonuses wouldn't break it.

I personally take the Lunokhod regularly already, usually with the Akrylat-Kanone. I've used it to pretty devestating effect at times. Our boards have more terrain on than most are used to though so I can get away with it.

I'm hoping that the new Tunguska profiles will add to the way I play the remotes rather than replace them. I really enjoy playing with them.

12. neostrider

neostrider Well-Known Member

Gencon 2017 I thought he said holoprojector. In at work or I'd skim the video to find it.

Linked zond would be too powerful for me to have fun. I'd rather have a zond with an automedkit like ability. A lunokohd walking itself up after I cleared his threats would be neat. It'd also be a way to give tunguska some remotes without the engi-order tax and yet another clockmaker must include. I hope tunguska doesn't become a third nomad sectorial where remotes+clockmaker looks and behaves the exact same. There should be some sectorial flavor in that synergy.

perseus and ambisinister like this.
  13. Billy

Billy Member

This is how I feel, I want it to add something new to that synergy. I only currently play vanilla - but does this strategy really fit into the other sectorials? Their link teams seem to good, I didn't foresee the vanilla strategy of remotes and hacker support still being there for the sectorials?

14. neostrider

neostrider Well-Known Member

Only difference the sectorial add to remote play is the models standing around them. You could swap between a tomcat engi or zoe or whatnot but if you're focused on the remotes all nomads will probably clockmaker. I have an easier time bringing combat remotes into bakunin because custodier rocks.

I like the link team bonus, it fills out a core of my list and lets me bring more of what I want to do. 1 of each feels brittle to me. I'd rather bring 2 or 3 chimeras than 1.

Main point though was I think it's a missed opportunity if tunguska fields remotes with the same clockmaker helper bot sidekicks and not something unique like the tomcat or zoe adds to those sectorials.

15. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

how about
    shotgun securiate haris with total reaction rem and a clockmaker

SM-C9000 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

16. Billy

Billy Member

Your point about the clockmaker is very fair. I'm in a league at the moment playing vanilla, once that is over I'll be playing through the various sectorials and link teams.

Starting with Tunguska of course!

17. benn

benn Well-Known Member

If that makes you feel dirty please consider that veteran kazaks will probably be able to be in some form of link team in future.

loricus likes this.
  18. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

TAKE IT BACK

-Ghost- likes this.
  19. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Agreed. I used to think Prowlers were way too expensive, weak, and slow, but as time goes on I am leaning on them harder and harder. They are murder machines

Tristan228 and loricus like this.
  20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Take a shower before the game? :smiling_imp:

Errhile likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation