1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assembling my marut

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Charbe86, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Charbe86

Charbe86 Member

I am having a lot of trouble with my marut, half the part are currently soaking in nail polish remover. Is there a guide, or even basic ibstructions, anywhere, I haven't been able to find any help on the subject?

2. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

It is a straight forward assembling... The only problem that I had was that the shoulder protectors doesn't fit quite vell and I had to file a bit of the part that goes over the back of the HMG.

I recommend you starting for the legs.

Enviado desde mi SM-J330FN mediante Tapatalk

3. Charbe86

Charbe86 Member

Actually it's the legs that are giving me the most grief, getting the knees on and lining up the feet.

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The Marut is better mounted from bottom to top.

Mmm.... Those are quite simple, if I remember right the legs are 5 pieces (torso, 2x knee "quill", and 2 legs -from knee to toe, if I'm wrong please make a photo and post it here, my Marut has been mounted for a year an change now).

I am following this photo for guiding the process: https://i2.wp.com/farm8.staticflickr.com/7335/9493976572_a2149109b7.jpg (note that this photo shows the parts with pins added, my Marut has none).

First, dry-fit everything to avoid having to remove the glue. You will have to go part-by-part, aside from the legs (because each quill go between the torso and leg), but it's a good idea to always dry-fit

Grab the two legs (the parts that go from knee to toe) and glue the square-holed pieces, the pointy parts go up.

Once both legs are assembled, glue the LOWER arms (if you glue the upper ones, you will have trouble maneuvering to glue the lower ones), you will have to glue one arm while fry-fitting the other with your hand so the angle is right (I suggest glueing first the one that has no hand, nor weapon, and hold the one with the weapon).
    Once both lower arms have been glued, glue the upper ones, but when you Dry-Fit hold the shoulderpads too, to make sure the angle of the arms is good.
    Also, be aware that those two upper arms expand greatly the model, you might want to either not use them at all (placing the arms with the gun in the upper sockets, and filling the lower sockets with green stuff) or bent the sword hand so the blade does not protrude as much (the blade is also a weak point of the model, it is easy to bend).
    Finally, the head, then the ears (the better is to have them close to the head in all their positions, not "extended", so they are more protected).

#4 xagroth, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    chromedog, Wyrmnax and jherazob like this.
  5. Charbe86

Charbe86 Member

The legs are 7 pieces if you count the pads the feat mount on. What's dry fitting? I've tried assembling this thing twice, the first time i tired gluing each joint individually and then the feet wouldn't fit the base. Today I tried doing everything at once and it just ended up a mess of glue.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Trying to fit things without using glue, rotating so they fit without gaps.

I thing the 2 extra pieces are the "horns"? I don't remember if they have anything or were just a squared base with the horn "growing" in a raising curve.

7. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

The best thing I’ve found for gluing is the order of operations. First, clip and trip all the flash and mold lines. Then I drop the model in acetone for a few hours. This dissolved the mold release and lightly etches all the surfaces. The etching helps super glue hold and helps primer stay on the model. Then, when gluing, if it is a problematic joint, I’ll stick a tiny piece of greenstuff on the joint before I drop the glue on. The piece should be about the size of a piece of lint or smaller. It will help the glue find purchase on both pieces being stuck together. I hear that you can achieve a similar effect with a tiny piece of toilet paper as well.

For building the Marut, test the pieces without applying glue to make sure they fit. Then, build it onto the base. Alternatively, don’t drill any holes for pins until after you’ve assembled the legs.

8. Charbe86

Charbe86 Member

Did it! All that's left is to base it, and I've misplaced the base. Thanks for the tips, they helped a lot.

xagroth and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation