1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doll houses in space

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by aphexblue, Nov 30, 2017.

1. aphexblue

aphexblue Well-Known Member

The Antenocities Undertown stuff? A lot longer than I expected for pre-painted terrain. Popping everything out of the sprues 1 day. Taking the protective film off all the pieces 2 days (probably should of done that the other way around). Building maybe 2 days. Airbrushing Sepia ink and dabbing charred brown with a sponge 1/2 day. Fixing acrylic windows in after Clear coating buildings 1/2 day. Still need to finish the internal resin furniture for them to be totally finished.

The Warensal stuff were easier builds generally as they are just externals. I used car primer and rattle cans for a tough finish. Then just messed them up with weathering.

You forget how long it takes when you are enjoying the process.

#21 aphexblue, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. aphexblue

Few more games recently taking the new Antenocities under town table through its paces.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Added the chimney (wooden dowels) to the Lo Pan noodle hut. Unsure if it was meant to come with chimneys included but was easy enough.

[​IMG]

So impressed that all of under town fits into one 64 litre crate almost perfectly. Storage and transport can be a pain for scenery so really happy with this discovery. I keep the scatter in the shallow crate but filling the 3 storey buildings with it could mean it fits into the large crate as well. However, this is for 2 tables so easier to store separately.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#22 aphexblue, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Willen, Section9, Edster and 5 others like this.
  3. aphexblue

I have long been meaning to redo my Warmill base. It really doesn't get much play. Its a lovely piece, but needs to be dismantled every time someone goes inside if it's more than one storey. Also the modular aspect of it could be a drag as the parts are very tight fit with paint on. A game we had a while back on the jungle terrain gave me ideas on redeveloping it to work with our jungle terrain. Murkage did some really awesome snow terrain board with them that sealed the deal.

What with the Beasts of War campaign to be set on Dawn and Paradiso N3 coming at some point, its seems to perfect time.

Building 1:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Building 2:

Building 3:

Building 4:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Walkways:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Better light:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Modock, Section9, Karmano and 11 others like this.
  4. Reyzah

Reyzah Well-Known Member

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see it all set up with the rest of the jungle stuff.

5. unclesrouce

unclesrouce Well-Known Member

That's really cool terrain! What a great job!

One little suggestion for the plastic plants: You can use Citadell Biel Tan Green Shade on them. That takes the bright plastic look a little bit off and gives them more structure.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

aphexblue and jherazob like this.
  6. aphexblue

Took the new pieces for a spin tonight. I couldn't wait to be reunited with my other Jungle terrain so was a weird mix.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Modock, Willen, Section9 and 9 others like this.
  7. aphexblue

Yeah I will revisit the plastic plants to tone them down. I was going to hit them a little with my airbrush.

unclesrouce likes this.
  8. aphexblue

Some scatter/woods for my jungle tables. Trying to use up some of these plastic plants as you get so many. Palm trees on jungle terrain ftw. Still haven't gotten round to playing with all the jungle stuff together.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Section9, Edster, Segis and 5 others like this.
  9. aphexblue

The rest of the plastic palm trees finally turned up. All of these plants have a peg underneath so just drilled through 40mm bases. Flocked and clear coated so I can go back and ink the greenery. Finished with stick-on bushes/grass patches.

Hopefully playing on the jungle board this weekend for some play-testing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Section9, Edster, Usashi and 6 others like this.
  10. deathklockk

deathklockk Strange, but not a stranger.

Damn, it all looks excellent!

Where did you get those cars on that city table?

11. aphexblue

The real cool ones are from ebay. Concept cars, sourced a few years ago by my Brother. Same with the Tron bike.

The others are just cheap toy super cars.

[​IMG]

Modock, Section9, Edster and 3 others like this.
  12. aphexblue

Final got around to testing out the new jungle board pieces. I bought a lovely new mat so we can run two jungle tables at once.

We tried playing the woods the correct way. The woods outline was saturation zone, difficult terrain and low vis. In addition, each of the palm tree base gave cover as normal (1/3 of the model covered) and blocked true line of sight/fire.

Splitting everything into two separate piles of scenery looked like this.

Table one - Mission decapitation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ...and a couple of posed pics [​IMG] [​IMG]

Table two - Mission Safe Area

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Section9, Edster, Usashi and 7 others like this.
  13. Alz

Alz Well-Known Member

Tables look great, but...

but...

IS THAT A PROTOSS THEMED EC ARMY!??!

jherazob likes this.
  14. aphexblue

It's my brothers CA. I don't think it is based on Protoss (I had to look it up). He had them a dark sea blue armour but the metallics pop much better.

15. aphexblue

Just a little addition. I repainted a brown piece of aquarium resin we didn't use, to match some of the other stuff. Then hit it and the resin skull pieces with some flock and little bushes.

[​IMG]

Willen, Section9, timberfox and 2 others like this.
  16. deathklockk

deathklockk Strange, but not a stranger.

Loving the Thanos Avatar! Lol

Looking good. Mildly jealous/inspired.

17. Jawasa

Jawasa Member

Hi love the tables. Just started with infinty and looking to buy a mat. I see that you have both the undertown mat, the neo tokyo mat and micro art studios one. Do you have favorite mat and advantages they have over each other? Also looking to buy a tables worth of terrain seeing that you have used a lot from different companies is there a company that you think stand out?

18. aphexblue

Antenocities stuff is my favourite probably. Its not cheap, but having it pre-painted is a real bonus. The clever layouts and internals are great to play with as well.

Deepcut mats are nice quality. Street mats need lots of scatter to block long slight lines. The micro-art one is nice but the street travels diagonally along it that needs breaking up.

I would suggest starting with card terrain and slowly replace it as you learn what is needed and when you see nice pieces. Even if you are playing around boxes and random stuff from around the house for a while.

Good luck and enjoy your games

chromedog likes this.
  19. Jawasa

Jawasa Member

Yeah I'm looking at Antenocities now that they have a sale. But even at 20% off it ends up towards 500-600 GBP. But maybe it's because I'm trying to get almost all of the undercity buildings and scatter. Atm at my house my brother and i play on the cb starter sets papper terrain. I have played on a mostly MAS table when getting some intro games.

I see that you paint a lot with spray cans and then weathering. Is it just different pigments you use then?

ATM i'm looking at systema gaming, zen terrain and antenocities. Leaning towards scatter from a antenocities and the zen or systema the larger buildings and MAS for busses and holo ads. That would save me some money from going just antenocities.

20. aphexblue

I used pigments for my brown/Tinny Tin paint job of the Warmill base. I quite like the effect, but for the most part I just sponged on 'Smokey Ink' (dark brown) after airbrushing Sepia ink (mostly at the bases of buildings).

I think a mix of buildings makes for a more interesting board. Maybe see if there is a ITS tournament local to you, and check out what they have and how they have set it up. Playing on a table, you get to know a piece of scenery better, not just how it looks. Granted you will probably get spanked if you are new, but its the quickest way to learn, play against new factions and to meet fellow players.

#40 aphexblue, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation