1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Game on Christmas Day

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by Roadrunner7431, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I was able to explain the rules to my son in ten minutes. He chose Maximus, Hexxer, Major Luna and Parvati. Rolling well in first round I was able to "Be Water Dude" on Mushashi and get well up into the Center Zone. My mistake was to keep attacking Hexxer and Maximus as Maximus kept soaking damage to both and then Parvati heals. My son got and kept an early lead and won 8 to 1 using Hexxer's "Unlimited Power" to displace my Aristos from the scoring zone on the fourth round.
    We a both thrilled with the game!

2. Cilionelle

Cilionelle New Member

Nice work! I played my son recently in our first game, and while I had a comfortable lead early, he whittled it down to almost nothing, losing by one frag token (FPs). Had Mushashi been able to do two more damage, we would've been tied on 4VP/4FT apiece! Love the game, and we're looking to play again soon.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thank you very much to both of you for your reports! May I ask about your sons' age?

:blush:

4. Cilionelle

Cilionelle New Member

Mine is 10. Picked it up very quickly.

-V- likes this.
  5. Roadrunner7431

My son is 32. He is a professional photographer in the stressful movie, fashion and pop-culture business in Los Angeles. He has been painting and playing with miniatures since he was 10. He thinks that Aristeia is the best designed game he has ever played.

-V- and Cilionelle like this.
  6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Wow, 10! Well, thank you very much to you both. We're still working hard to keep Aristeia! at highest level.

:wink:

7. lillumultipass

Hi,

I have just discovered Aristeia and I am considering buying it, although I am hesitating with Warhammer Shadespire. As a former CCGs and Blood Bowl player, I have been looking for a long time for a game with minis (but not too many and no painting needed), cards, àthat plays in a decent amount of time and can be played multiplayer (which will be the case with aristeia it seems...hopefully soon!)

Could you please elaborate on why your son thinks Aristeia is the best designed game he has ever played ? I guess he compares it to other miniature games ?

thanks !

8. Roadrunner7431

The key word here is best game. I suggest that you watch the Beasts of War youtube videos done in late November 2017. You will see that Aristeia hits that sweet spot of fast to learn, entertaining to play, interesting visuals and surprising depth of synergies. I could go on myself but see for yourself. My son loves Shadespire as well. In fact he says that if CB had super high quality press to assemble miniatures like Shadespire it would be fabulous.

9. lillumultipass

thanks for your reply !
    And what are the main advantages/drawbacks of Aristeia vs. Shadespire would you say (in terms of gameplay, because I have to admit that, although I do like nice minis this is not the main selling point for me).
    I did watch one video from Beast of war but it was the last one about the expansion, so not that interesting.
    I will watch the others.

10. Roadrunner7431

Both CB and GW would appreciate your business. For less than one day's wages you could be the proud owner of a copy of each of the core sets. I am not sure that this is the correct forum for me to pontificate on a direct comparison. I am tempted to entertain myself by posting my thoughts. I will do so only if encouraged by other members.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation