1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new morlocks

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by redeemer, Dec 20, 2017.

1. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

what do you guys think of the new upcoming morlocks models i personaly love them. I cant say i love angels colors this time around, but i do love the katana and killer crock models.
    PS: i hope SC does not decide to sue CB for coppyright crap cause this is clearly a SS ripoff :D morlocks new.jpg

2. Meixuki

Meixuki Member

I have to say that I'm not a big fan. I don't like very much the too obvious reference to SS. And their weirdness, but maybe this is a personal problem with bakunin-style.

loricus likes this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Models are technically good but I hate reference models. I'll probably buy the old ones when I want them.

4. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Not Discussing the casting here. This is, like always, great.

In regards of the design and posing I'm hugely disappointed e.g. we have here extremely impetuous troops and no one has a running pose or only two models can be seen as they were actually attacking someone. Also IMHO the choice to sculpt three of them after comic characters (El Crocodrilo morlock looks still more like a beefed up version of his predecessor thus he's fine) is a bad one - if I would want to play the Suicide Squad or the Joker I would buy the originals not some dudes trying to cosplay them.

And that's basically ruining Bakunin for me, they went optically down from anarchistic individualists sharing the same utopic vision to a bunch of pathetic comic nerds / cosplayers in space.

#4 Tristan228, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If anyone is impatient the Batman mini game already sells these models :tonguewink:

6. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

What is the 'SC' and/or 'SS' referenced here?

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

SC should have been DC. SS is Suicide Squad.

Whyrocknodie likes this.
  8. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

While they look really good I don't like the blatant copying of other IP like this, either the old or new. The thing that I think has set everyone off about these ones is that the really aren't subtle about it at all. The older models are recognizable to people familiar with what they are but not to the extent these ones are.

Just look how many comments are asking if the last one is Joker. Clearly the paint job does a lot to help through you off (took me a double take on the Guardians of the Galaxy nods). The pigtails/hammer, facemask/katana and croc body are a little hard to hide with paint. The other thing is that these don't match the unit. The Guardians are all clearly Moderators, these guys don't look like Morlocks at all.

9. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

These sculpts are basically the final straw for me. I had considered picking up Bakunin, but I was not a huge fan of the Moiras, was disappointed by the new Moderators and felt the new Riot Grrls were a little dull. With me disliking the Morlocks, I now have absolutely no interest in picking up Bakunin.

10. theresponsibleone

theresponsibleone Active Member

It's just rather disappointing. I love Infinity for its IP. I don't need quite so many nods to random comic characters.

loricus likes this.
  11. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Well, that`s a shame. Moiras are pretty unique image and new Riot Grrls are a way better than older ones.
    I share your dislike to both new Moderators and Morlocks, however. Luckily there are still older models at dusty shelves of local stores and I`m a fan of creating my own Morlocks, you know, to do it in a proper way)))

loricus likes this.
  12. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

I don't like them, nor the reference of SS they bring with them. I think I'll stick with the old Morlocks

13. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I really like the croc guy, but that’s it.

14. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

yeah crocman is awesome. i like harlequin too, but it is because i like her so much.

15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

As the people say, the casting is impressive. And the minis being, essentially, ripoffs is controversial as hell, but my preference is for subtler homages or original designs, and more dynamic poses for, well, dynamic troops. It is quite a shame that the Myrmidons have poses that give more movement sensation than the crazy, drugged, undisciplined and impetuous Morlocks.

16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

"Ripoff" isn't the right word, it isn't stolen design presented as original. It's just over the top I think, even if you like homage models you typically don't want them to be unmistakable from what they are based off of.

chaos11 likes this.
  17. Lexington

Lexington Cartoonist at Large

The sculpts are great, and they are going to be fruitful conversion fodder - Katana's instantly getting her head put on a Moderator Hacker, and I'm already planning a to use one of the bodies as a Zoe conversion based off of Mothman's incredible concept art. As Morlocks, though...well, 3/4ths of them don't make much sense, at least to me. The signature visual element of the Morlocks has always been physical mutation, and these guys just ain't got it. I'll buy them, probably mix in some heads and weapons from the old kit and call them good, but it's definitely a disappointment that CB's chosen to prioritize an homage over the unit's actual background and model history.

Balewolf and loricus like this.
  18. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

one day will come that we will see zoe-piwell resculpted. reverend custodier and kusanagi too. well prowlers too. bran da castro too, zeroes too... chimera ... pff

#18 perseus, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  19. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

I love the new Morlocks but they could be more dynamic.

BTW. I started using Domovoi from Outrage Characters Pack and he also looks great as a powerful Morlock. He's slightly bigger then the Colossus from the Bakunin starter.

Danger Rose and xagroth like this.
  20. LunarSol

LunarSol Well-Known Member

The ripoffs don't bother me... that much... but the horribly static poses do. The originals are way more interesting looking, even if the casting on these are vastly superior.

Balewolf and BloodRose like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation