1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is the Resolution Step?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Cilionelle, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Cilionelle

Cilionelle New Member

Hi there. A question came up in our game yesterday:

Mushashi does 5 damage to Parvati (who is placed in the Infirmary), and enough other symbols to activate Kaze Tachinu.

Can he now Displace himself the two spaces to Major Lunah and use Ken No Sen again against her, or does Ken No Sen activate first and then he can use the Displacement?

In other words, when is the 'Resolution Step', which is not listed in the Reference Guide?

2. eronth

eronth Active Member

Huh, nice catch. I would personally interpret Resolution step to be equivalent to End step of an action, therefore, during Effects step you get to displace yourself (since that is when the damage is done), then right after would be End followed by the Ken No Sen attack again.

But that's just how I would interpret it, seeing no explicit answer.

3. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

This have been answer before (I think in the spanish forum by @-V-)

Kaze Tachinu is "immediately after inflicting X:4:", this is in the Resolution Step. So you can displace yourself and do another Ken No Sen if you activated the switch to another target if you are in contact.

4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I agree with the previous two replies. Kaze Tachinu is an Automatic Skill that is always active. In fact, I believe it would be active even when Mushashi is the defender in an attack - if he inflicts damage. For instance, if Gata would be foolish enough to attack Mushashi with "Contender" so she rolls one orange die and he rolls a green and a blue in defense. She could get no successes and he gets a combination of successes and shields (and he can use his switch to convert shields to successes.) He could inflict two damage; sent Gata to the infirmary; and displace himself two spaces. However since the switches of the repeat attack of Ken no Sen are within the attack itself, I believe Mushashi would have to be the attacker to attack after displacing after doing damage.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

What roadrunner said, although note that Mushashi's top-level switch to turn shields into successes requires the target to be next to him, so doesn't help against shooting from further away than adjacent.

-V-, Roadrunner7431 and precinctomega like this.
  6. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

And there was me seeing him deflecting shots back at his opponents, Jedi-style!

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation