1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W tee Eff?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by ShaeKonnit, Jan 15, 2018.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

What? That just happened this week to Spain's King & Queen (I just realized they went there in the same plane, which usually is a no-no...) in the Spanish language meeting in Argentina too XD

colbrook likes this.
  2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Lesson here is: Royalty can't into stairs

Icchan likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

What in the flying fuck?!?

Are they trying to kill people?!?!?

After they implement this, and a lot of people die because the ambulances couldn't be sent and houses burn down because the fire department couldn't be sent, the people in charge of the changeover need to be sued into poverty via Wrongful Death civil lawsuits, and ideally charged with Criminally Negligent Homicide (or maybe even Depraved Indifference to Human Life) so they spend the rest of their lives in prison. Unless of course your country still has the death penalty?

No.

Vir Coto Protocol. "What I want? I'd like to live just long enough that when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some [ projects are far too critical to leave to idiots like you ], look up into your lifeless eyes and wave. Like this. *waves*"

Or maybe even Tepes Protocol (mounting them on the pikes while still alive):imp:

Abrilete, Errhile, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  4. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Update after the Switch-Day

12 hours into new system I have to say... it could be worse. Total service tickets will be around 120, with relatively short time of one hour of total system collapse during switch (Quote of the year here: "Yes, we currently turned down both main and backup communication hubs. We are working on bringing system back up." "So, we are having a total shut down?" "I cannot answer yes to that question.") All things considered it could have been much worse.... but that was one long night here.

Rizzy, Xeurian, Brother Smoke and 2 others like this.
  5. Brother Smoke

[​IMG]

Xeurian and jherazob like this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

That's called "Covering your ass"

7. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

At least, no lies here.

Brother Smoke likes this.
  8. Section9

Waiting for someone to sue because their loved one died while both main and backup comms were down.

jherazob likes this.
  9. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

That's not the European way, old bean. We hold enquiries.

20-40 years later.

That exonerate those responsible bar one or two patsies, ideally dead or too infirm to be tried.

Brother Smoke, chaos11 and jherazob like this.
  10. Brother Smoke

At least they pretend to care, in Cuba if someone dies or is horribly injured due to government negligence the best they can hope for is not being blamed for the incident themselves

xagroth likes this.
  11. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

So I went to the North East Team Championship for 40K last weekend in NY state with some friends, fun time was had by all even though our standing wasn't that great. but what was weird was that we had two teams drop out day one. from what we heard one team lost two guys who's hearts weren't really in it which is unfortunate. but it was the other team that was super odd, apparently a couple people had conceded kinda early in their second game (of three that day) which is discouraged in the rules as it screws with keeping score. the next game they all just conceded and walked out of the venue, I think some of them even left there stuff there.

12. ShaeKonnit

ShaeKonnit Well-Known Member

Sounds like 40k to me :/

I haven't posted anything in a while as life has gotten rather busy. A lack of home interent connection really didn't help matters, either.
    But anyway, a pal of mine does a lot of business on ebay with buying and flipping 2nd hand minis. Lately he does a lot of Guild Ball.
    Unfortunately, he seems to be cursed with people who have no idea how to package minis safely.
    Here's his latest shipment:
    gbpacking1.jpg
    gbpacking2.jpg
    gbpacking3.jpg

While we're on the subject, that does remind me of a local who said he had a bunch of Battlefleet Gothic ships which I was interested in buying.
    When I met up with him again the next week, for safety he had the ships wrapped in toilet paper and transported in his pockets.
    Suffice to say, they were fucked. I bought none of them.

Attached Files:

#932 ShaeKonnit, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    xagroth, Xeurian and jherazob like this.
  13. Brother Smoke

Oh wow that's some awful packaging

Xeurian likes this.
  14. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

Wow. People are...”interesting”.

chromedog likes this.
  15. Section9

Huh.

Did they change the tournament scoring if someone conceded? It used to be that you got max points if the opponent conceded, so if someone was an asshole your best bet was to try to time them out or otherwise deny their best victory.

WarmaHordes only gave basic points for a win if the opponent conceded, no additional Objective/Tournament points, so if you were dealing with an asshole you conceded and killed his tournament score (he'd get the 5pts for a win, but there were usually another 5-10pts in additional stuff you could get). This usually knocked someone clear out of the running for any prize place.

xagroth and chromedog like this.
  16. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Unless they manage to get first, right? Still don't like it though I honestly can't remember if it is still the case nowadays. Wont affect me too much at the SOO next week either way(never come close to any podium places)!

17. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I just looked over the rules again and i can't say for certain but the ruling appeared to be that the opponent would get a win (duh)but points would be frozen at current levels which affects scoring thusly: four team wins in a round would be an auto win for that team regardless of points if that did not happen points would be totaled during all games 21 points or less different would count as a tie and tie breakers would only count towards determining next match/ final standings.

the thing i was less OK with was what happened if you table your opponent. the game would continue for however many rounds you had left, giving the opponent at least 3 more points a round, whilst giving the opponent none.

18. Section9

Well, at the WarmaHordes tournaments I was paying attention to, the competition was so fierce that usually about 3-5pts separated 1st from 3rd. So someone conceding against an asshole, even if they won all their other games without concessions, would usually be enough to keep them from placing due to kill points or whatever else was being used for mission scoring.

It sounds like Rumble on Route 66 was that competitive, too.

The old 40k scoring (which may still be used in the US), was that a concession counted as a table wipe, opponent got all the kill points. It's why I liked the "Iron Man" tournament format, where you took a list of everything you had available at the start of the tournament (assuming 2000pt games, usually 3-5k total points depending on number of rounds), and basically made a new army list with whatever you had left at the start of each tournament round. By the final round, most people were scraping the bottom of the barrel for remaining troops, often only having 1000pts or so!

19. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

That sounds like a very interesting way to play. Would love to try it some time.

20. cory

cory Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to allow models in a tournament like this keep any panoply finds they get during the previous games. Having done this type of tournament back in the days of 2nd ed 40k and BattleTech we found list building took quite a while between games and made for a long day with a lot of down time.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation