1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday Night Heroes: Streaming from Maui, Hawai'i!

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by Chikahiro, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

We'll be streaming in 5 to 10 minutes! Ben vs Mike! :)

2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I love the new camera angle, very good view of the Hexadome, although this time the sound went too loud though! I had to mute it because lowering it was not enough.
    Great match btw!

3. Chikahiro

How was the text commentary?

4. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

It was excellent! Giving those pointers and commenting on the different tactics and abilities makes me think that a stream with host commentary instead of players commentary is both possible and entertaining. I used to watch Android Netrunner commented matches when the game was still property of FFG and made me miss that.

5. Chikahiro

The guessing game is fun. I was way off on round 4 :p

6. Chikahiro

By the way: forward on your comment to the guy doing audio, so he's working on figuring that out :)

7. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

This last game is a great example of how quickly two smart guys like Ben and Mike can pick up this game and have great fun playing their first game together. I watched the YouTube feed and made positive as well as mildly critical comments.

8. Chikahiro

Tis quite fine!

I'm hoping that in a few months these games will be quite cringe-worthy to us as we say, "I can't believe we did that back then!" :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. Chikahiro

No Aristeia today. It'll be a Warmachine game.

Question: do folks have a preference between live versus pre-recorded? So, if we had a game earlier in the week and recorded it, would that be okay?

10. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Personally, I love live, I watch plenty of livestreams, and used to do my fair bit of streams aswell, I like its interaction with the chat. In your particular case, the timezones is a huge problem, I never manage to catch you live, so I always watch them the next day.
    This being my case, I'm totally not your target audience for livestreams.

11. Roadrunner7431

Being four hours later in New Mexico than you folks in Maui, I would be OK with watching pre-recorded games.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. Chikahiro

FINALLY! After 6 weeks I have finally got my Legendary Bahadurs (stupid UPS). I will be attempting to paint them up for the game this Saturday so they're available for me and Kipahuligan/Mike to use :)

Roadrunner7431 and treiral like this.
  13. Chikahiro

Running a little late: we should be streaming in maybe 15-20 minutes! Me versus Kipahuligan, and I can guarnatee at least one Legendary Bahadur will be played this week ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/shamelessmayhem

treiral likes this.
  14. Chikahiro

Apologies for no Aristeia stream last week or this week. Last week I was fighting off a migraine (yuck), and this week I've got a family event to go to. Fortunately, we did record an unboxing of the Chemical Brothers, and that'll be posted this week hopefully :)

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  15. Chikahiro

OKAY!!!! After some scheduling craziness, migraines, blown-out knees, etc... we're back on schedule!

Chemical Brothers and Hexx3r The Nomad Witch unboxing going up today (being uploaded as we speak!), going to pre-record some Aristeia basics tomorrow, and Saturday its back to the Hexadome! Apologies to everyone!

16. Chikahiro

Its up!

Watching, hoping I don't cringe too much. Had to use the camera mic for this.

treiral likes this.
  17. Chikahiro

This Saturday should be interesting. BanzaiZAP has requested to use the Chemical Brothers! In exchange, he's going to let me pick 3 characters before he gets to pick his third. Obviously, he's quite eager to try Bachmann and Hammerhead :)

I'm thinking I need to give Shona another go for sure. But who else...? This'll be tricky!

18. Roadrunner7431

The Brothers are vulnerable to ranged damage dealers and Bachmann has weak defense. Dart is a hard counter. Koorie has range and can Bounce for damage. Mushashi is always good. Those would be my three on top of Shona

19. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Well, if you want to full counter him. Oberon against Bachmann and Final Boss against Hammerhead. I wouldn't pick Shona because she needs that range 2:L: to attack and that puts her directly in Hammerhead range. Meanwhile somebody with strong :R: and good attack would be cool to keep Hammerhead under control. Personally I'd pick 8-Ball to bully him into a corner and keep him there all game. But Final Boss got everything you need: He avoids the first :2:, he :S:dazzles, he :R:brawl, he :+::,::.: attac.
    Dart is a good pick, not because is good against these two (her :D:poison is pretty much useless, and her :O:hidden will be stolen by Bachmann), but if you don't pick her, BanzaiZAP will, and she has crazy synergy with the ChemBros. On the other hand, her ability nanodendrits is pretty good against Bachmann, and probably Eclypse's Moon cycle.
    Finally, Valkyrie is probably a good choice, as is Musashi and Lunah. I think I'd rely more on stateless characters against these two brothers.

This is all theorycrafting though, I haven't had the opportunity to try the brothers yet. I had to return the package because MRW (the delivery company) tried to rip me off in Customs.

20. Chikahiro

One character I was considering was actually Pavarti. Clearing the states off Bachmann or Hammerhead has its uses, plus healing. Hexx3r to control movement/spacing. Maybe Padre Mendoza for healing and his tactics or maybe Burning provided Hammerhead is far enough away from Bachmann. I'm also thinking Dart is good, sure, but I'm not sure who I'd want with her... Hannibal? I think it'd be good to have his tactics in there... there's some real wondering...

treiral likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation