1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS10 Classified Deck Emulator

Discussion in 'ITS' started by n21lv, Sep 26, 2018.

1. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

After playing a couple of training games in the new ITS Season 10 without having actual Classified Deck, I found that not having the Deck is a real PITA. We've been dealing with this like most people probably did: rolled a couple of d20s for each Classified Objective and compared the results with the ITS Season 10 PDF. This was taking waaay too much time, and also wasn't really convenient. I thought, "How cool would it be if there was a mobile app or web-app that I could load on my smartphone and emulate the Classified Deck?". Since there was no such app, I made one myself =]

Accessible here: http://its10deck.rf.gd

The domain was created recently, so it might take some time for your DNS server to propagate the changes. I use Cloudflare DNS servers (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1), and the link works for me.

Both Standard and Extreme classified objective modes are supported. The emulator itself also has 2 modes:
    1. Manual mode allows you to fetch the cards corresponding to a comma-separated list of numbers from 1 to 20. You can make this list by rolling some d20s until you have a list of unique numbers. This mode can also be used as a temporary storage for those cards you selected from the randomly-picked pile generated by the 2nd mode.
    2. Random mode uses an API from Random.org, an RNG that uses atmospheric noise as a source of entropy, thus being one of those "true" RNGs. It will fetch up to 5 pairs of random Classified Objective cards. Please note that due to Random.org limitations, each application using the Random.org API has a certain quota on maximum amount of data it can receive from it per day, so in some extremely rare cases (I've yet to see the quota go below 75% of the maximum) you might see an error message telling you to switch to the Manual mode.
    I tried to make it render nicely on smartphones, but since this is my first mobile web-app ever, I apologise if it doesn't work all that well on some mobile devices. Please do report any issues you may find and I will try to fix those when I'll have some free time from also developing the Skunkworks builder [emoji14]

NB: Highly Classified has a special High Difficulty mode, where you only pick ONE Classified card for the Secondary Objective. This is not implemented at the moment.

#1 n21lv, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD Vampire Hunter

Thanks! I'm looking forward to picking up a deck when they become available, but this is definitely handy in the mean time.

3. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

4. obyiscus

obyiscus Member

Any chance you'll be adding the Intelcom numbers any time soon?

5. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

They are actually there, as part of the classified objective name. The card numbers are exactly the same as on paper cards from the FB leak.

6. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This is awesome thanks for the effort!

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for making this and sharing it!

I will say, you may have gone slightly over the top on the randomness thing. Especially since you're running into API limitations, etc. you might want to consider just using normal pseudo-random numbers that you generate yourself. It's probably good enough for this kind of application.

8. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

I thought about this. But since Random.org API gives every application (unique IP address) a 1M bytes quota, and my app only uses 620 bytes per request, it should be fine. I'm currently checking the remaining quota on a daily basis, and it never seems to go below 75%. So the app is not that popular yet :)

9. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

If someone is still using this, I've added the discard feature to the app. Just tap/click the trash bin icon, and the card will be discarded.

Melchior, Lesh' and BLOODGOD like this.
  10. kaos

kaos New Member

Just found this and wanted to say awesome work.
    Thanks for putting it together.

n21lv likes this.
  11. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

You. Get out.

12. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

#12 n21lv, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Melchior likes this.
  13. j4bberw0ck

j4bberw0ck New Member

This is a fantastic tool, thank you! I’ve been wishing for something like this, and I’m so happy to find it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation