1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CB trolling?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zewrath, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

"Punish me more, daddy, I deserve it" is even less so.

2. Hecaton

Maybe. PP going scorched earth on their forums didn't seem to do them any favors.

The problem is not CB having a sassy person on their social media accounts, per se; it's having that and then a CB defense brigade coming out and saying people can't treat them the same way.

Kallas and Ten Thousand Arrows like this.
  3. Hecaton

Sometimes when I criticize CB's actions I'm making a joke too. It's still a legit criticism, but there might be some humor spiced in. I think saying that when CB criticizes its own critics it's not able to be handwaved away as "attempting to be funny" if you can't do that to the critics themselves. The act of mocking is both an attempt at humor and potentially an affront.

4. SpectralOwl

I have actually seen attempts and successes at using humour in criticism from both sides of the debate here before. Bostria's usually phenomenally bad at reading the room (in the English audience at least) from what I've seen so far, but some of the jokes in the videos have been well-timed and funny and I've seen wit and memes coming from more critical members that have explained their point better than a whole paragraph of mathematics. The problem really is determining what exactly people don't like about a unit or profile and paths to fix that issue when the explanations and humour miss the mark, and all the background noise about ARM, SMGs and PanO probably doesn't help much. I'm actually on the critical, negative side of most of the issues being discussed here, but I would advise actually listening to @psychoticstorm and trying to improve your feedback into something easier to parse for the company if you actually want change.

That does work the other way too. I hope Bostria's figured out that "Because White Helmet" isn't a useful nor placating answer to why CB ignored earlier fluff material when excluding well-liked units from an army. That's a good way to change a playerbase into an ex-playerbase.

5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It’s also worth noting that while Bostria has all of the main avenues of communication available in the videos and official communications, making the attempt at humor clear, even if the execution falls flat, either out of cultural and linguistic differences or out of just being plain not funny. In contrast, a post here on the forum has to be staggeringly obvious in any attempt at humor, or else it is more likely to be misconstrued rather than understood.

Balewolf, Stiopa and Dragonstriker like this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Do you really think those are the only two options?

Stiopa and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Damn near did convince me I didn't want to play the game or spend time on the forums anymore, and to badmouth the game to anyone who asked in the future.

I was beyond pissed about that.

8. Hecaton

Eh, for me when I found out from HellLois that he hadn't received any negative feedback about B4ckd00r (only positive), when that was what was up and down the English side of the forums and various social media outlets, I realized that stuff that might make the messenger look bad wasn't being passed up the chain.

9. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I totally disagree with this statement 100%.

Outside the 4 mandatory Zombies (and the Celistial Guard tard wrangler) and a Rui Shi, my ISS has tons of variety.
    YJ on the other hand is 4 Zombies and a tard wrangler, 2-3 monks, 1-2 baggage REM's, 1 Flashpulse, 1 Rui Shi, 1-3 Zhanshi's (where 1 is a hacker for supportware), 1 Libertos and/or Krakot, an obligatory Ninja and 1-2 Guilang's, 1 Mech-Engineer and 1 Warcor. The "variety" of vanilla then becomes if I use Murderkitty, Hac Tao, Shang Ji TA, Dao Fei, Hsien, Mowang or Tiger Soldiers as the attack piece.

Honestly, at this point I'm so turned off with Vanilla YJ post Uprising, the faction feels like barbie doll, where the only change you can make is the type of hat she uses. It's immensely boring.

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yu Jing having a slightly higher tendency than their rivals to hire separatists from Pan-O territory for Yu Jing black ops missions than other super-powers doesn't mean Yu Jing raises regiments upon regiments of Libertos.

I'm sure Pan-O diplomats are already rubbing those two brain cells of theirs together to manufacture this claim already.

I think above all else you're forgetting the scale and nature of Infinity games. Higher AVA on Libertos would be much more likely to represent Yu Jing having a huge bunch of favours they can call in on short notice without going through the usual back channels to negotiate a price that Haqq or Dahshat has to for their AVA 1 and AVA 2 Libertos respectively

P.s. you really should try harder to stay away from certain topics.

11. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

I felt the similar boredom before; and then I realised it was actually my personal tendency to pick up the same units again and again.

But after fielding some unusual picks, my boredom is reduced significantly.

Metas can vary, and from your former posts I bet metas on Northern Europe got their top dog as Haqq - a strong faction indeed, and your picks might be evolved into fighting Haqqislam.

Our meta? I'm running the games with a mandatory Liu Xing recently, since Dahshat rose to power in our gaming scene!

krossaks and East of Irem like this.
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well, true.. Perhaps my list building approach could stand to be evaluated.

No, I actually mostly play against, Aleph (and their sectorials)/Ariadna/TAK/SAA/Varuna/Tohaa with the occasional Haqq. I'm not usually playing against the top dog Haqq player but then again, no one actually is. The ITS ELO-system really has been an eye-opener for me on how far a person can come, if they have the resources to arrange tournaments with the same 10 people, with an interval of every second/fourth weekend.

krossaks and ObviousGray like this.
  13. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Because you're already a Nordic Master? ;)

Joking aside, looks like ALEPH does pose quite a power gaming recently on Infinity. It does hurt when facing OSS or ALEPH - frankly I think their pool is nuts.

I do wonder how a skilled TAK player does. Never saw one til now - only sensorbot vulnerable Camo weenies.

Also totally agree upon ITS one; its a score of zeal, not much skill.

krossaks likes this.
  14. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Interesting points were made here.

I can understand both points of view; being in the "public eye", as is CB, isn’t easy. They have to be secure of what they are doing or they will get eaten alive and people seem savage sometimes, especially on the internet. On the other hand players may see and report issues that aren’t being handled for years, so they get angry and sometimes apeshit hard.

So this is a good opportunity to improve that. @psychoticstorm, could you elaborate about how we can give useful and well-constructed feedback for CB? Could you talk about the internal feedback process? How are critics handled? I’m interested in giving useful feedback but using random posts in the forum doesn’t seem to be helping.

The ones that spend some time in the rules forum will know that I’m quite fussy with rules, so a few extra questions about that. Does CB think that their rules are solid enough? Do they think that Infinity can be played consistently across multiple regions only with the wiki and FAQs? Are they conscious that some kind of players will do everything in their power to twist the rules to create unfair advantages?

I ask about rules because what I have seen make me think they are deluded and feedback about these is just not even considered. I hope I'm wrong, but that what I think.

So as closing remarks, people on the forums should try to stay civil, avoid attacks and construct well their arguments; that would increase the possibilities to having their feedback heard. But the other hand CB should try to listen the points not to the persons, a good point presented in a terrible manner is still worth to be considered (just don't praise the asshole); and also give some feedback back, more transparency on their part.

15. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

I think Dayoing replaces that package without losing anything.
    I get what you are saying about sameness but it is the case every faction and sectorial in the game - you have 1-2 optimized netlists with maybe 2 rotating slots, and all deviations from them turn out to be silly challenges that you'd play only on a dare.

These forums are NOT the playerbase and CB seem to understand that

#555 fatherboxx, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    A Mão Esquerda and Azuset like this.
  16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Mmmm, wonder then why they make pretty important rulings for the game only available on the forums

17. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

If you have enough baby seals and milk their ELO regularly enough you can probably win the ITS without even facing and actual semi-competent player.

Yeah, to me Yu Jing has always been "pick a rambo, give him some support and add scum until points run out".

And that's not a criticism of the faction, I actually like that, Yu Jing and CA are the only two factions I don't have to hurt my brain making lists for.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While I do think that negatively engaging with your customers (seriously, create an anonymous troll account if you feel you need to poke fun at customers) is a good way to lose customers - albeit not player bases, the forums are one of few ways of communicating with the players and the information they communicate gets spread to people who can't be arsed with forums through word of mouth and through the wiki (and eventually the FAQ.pdf)

19. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

As opposed to where else? Should they come to your game store each time you have a rules question?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Reading comprehension much?

By the way, maybe I'm nuts, but they got an actual webpage to post the rules changes in? What a stupid thought, right? [​IMG]

Kallas and Hecaton like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation