1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homebrew Fun - TNMT

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Spooky_Audio, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Spooky_Audio

Spooky_Audio Member

So my almost 8 year old is loving Aristeia! I've been painting up things slowly and getting myself sorted with some 3D printed scenery which is great.

But the other day something awesome happened - My 8 year old said 'They have teams of 4. So why isn't there a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles team?' - Cue me looking at my TMNT Heroclix from many moons ago and lots and lots of thinking.

I know that it wouldn't be allowed for tournaments, but we've had a lot of fun trying to come up with rules for the characters.

Leonardo -
    Would likely resemble Mushashi in terms of his abilities, but would perhaps have something similar to Maximus' ability to displace upon the declaration of an attack on a friendly player. Perhaps it should be a friendly player within range 1-5 (red). Either that, or something similar to Hannibal allowing another friendly character to act out of phase.

Donatello -
    Would most likely have similarities to Kozmo with smoke deployment and perhaps some of 8 Balls displacement abilities. His main attack would likely be range 1-3 given his long staff. I'd maybe give him the similar passive visor ability that Kozmo has too.

Raphael -
    Would likely be our character combining Major Lunah/Wild Bills range but with some additionally tanky abilities - he would likely end up in the marked state after most things, like Prysm, as his anger gets the better of him. He can throw his Sai with perhaps a similar ability to Koorie Queens bounce, except it allows him to have a second attempt rather than a ricochet.

Michelangelo -
    Would be our speedy boy - Would have similarities to Gata in terms of his agility and movement. He's be able to use his skateboard to whizz around the board but probably be fairly light on HP. He can probably hold his own in a 1-1 close combat situation but doesn't have anything ranged. He may also have cards that allow for some healing with Pizza.

I mean, we're just spit balling really, but this game allows for some serious fun! And who knows - D&D took on fan ideas and ended up putting them in the game. I mean, nobody said they had to be turtles... officially... :p

daszul, treiral, krotos and 1 other person like this.
  2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Sounds good! I agree that Leo would be something akin to Musashi, and I like the idea of giving him leader abilities like Hannibal; Donny would be great as Kozmo/8-Ball; I don't see Raphael too much as long-ranged (the one that often features a bow is Leo), but throwing the Sai at mid-range seems feasible. I don't think his anger leads to a :J:marked state though, but rather look at Murtair inability to disengage from combat, while also getting frenzier the more damage it gets. I don't know how are the new turtles, but in the old cartoons it was Mickey who :H:teased the enemies to distract them while the gang did their stuff. Atlhough, to be honest, that's how I play Gata too. Only :S:dazzling instead of :H:provoking so the enemy can't do their stuff, and then keeping her close to deny disegange with her switch (not the most effective way, but works half of the time).
    There is a new TMNT boardgame being Kickstarted with some awesome minis (a bit expensive though), so technically one could elaborate their own cards and use their minis to play aristeia!

Spooky_Audio likes this.
  3. Spooky_Audio

Spooky_Audio Member

Those are great ideas!

I think the ideas for Raphael are particularly good. Keep him mid range but getting quicker/stronger as he takes more damage.

Also, I'd managed to forget about taunting for some reason. That's classic Michelangelo! So a Senor Massacre style play mixed with Gatas speed would be pretty cool to try out.

I'm unfortunately not able to back the game on Kickstarter at present (January is a hard month!) But I'm hoping to pick it up when it hits retail. In the mean time, I'm stuck with old school Heroclix minis!

treiral likes this.
  4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

"You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off"

Nice project. As a Donny fan myself, I'll add some Tactic or Ability about gadgets. The most I liked from him it was he's the "brain". "Kowabunga" seems to be the necessary name for a Tactic, or better, an Auto. Skill for the four of them so makes them synergize.

To handle with States: Pizza. Pizza to cleanse, Pizza like Asterix's Magic Potion.

:wink:

Spooky_Audio and daszul like this.
  5. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

I love that idea!

The easiest way would be to match the four to existing aristos.

But if you make up new ones, here are some ideas:
    - all should have :1:(+dice) for defense, to resemble the shell.
    - an action or tactic that boosts defense, but you cannot deal damamge to the attacker (show him the shell)
    - make at least two of each's tactics useable for all 4, to emphasis their similarity/brotherhood.
    - caltropes for slow.
    - displace to a square adjacent to an adjacent brother or switch position.
    - shuriken as ranged attack.
    - some ninja smoke bombs with range 0 (they are melee focused anyway), maybe even become hidden

Will be hard to make them not all too similar (to be able to serve different roles)
    but still similar enough to be brothers/turtles.

Spooky_Audio likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation